Reckless311

Economy of the server

Imo this topic isnt about the economy but the ooc feelings mixed with ic. 

Sure you need some Base income to get some good rp. But grinding Should never be more important than rp.

Its okay to be poor icly. 

IMO supercars and Nice houses Should Cost alot more, grinding the mine for a cpuple of hours shouldnt make enough money to buy a supercar or Beach house. 

But it all comes down to that alot of people wants the best houses and best cars even though they rp a Street gang... 

I might be going a bit ot now though....

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2019 at 6:04 AM, Wifye said:

Without financial restrictions, people quit valuing things. Yes it does suck having to "grind" for money if you want something expensive but without that grind, everyone would have expensive stuff and nobody would work. 

The economy "grind" actually is one of the better retention methods on the server. It continues to provide goals for players to achieve over time rather than being handed things easily and quickly. Once you obtain more expensive things, you value them far more and are far less likely to abandon them by leaving.

It is along the grind that you take breaks to socialize and discuss further ways to make money with other people. This builds friendships and promotes "organization rp" 

+1 on this, very well said! 

I actually grind too but it's actually how you manage time on how you can socialize, I got friends here not just me, they even have two jobs like for example "Luke Nayzaar" he's a mechanic and a news reporter but we still have time to socialize, we are still able to partee a lot! we even joined Cassie's concert last time and it was fun... I think let's just keep it the way it is, that's for me ofcourse.. but yeah... I don't see anything that needs changing at the moment.

Development needs to focus on manufacturing. Take the common goods people buy, create raw material gathering spots, transportation of material, and a small crafting system. This is how cars could be made leading to a player based economy where the money isn't just given to you for a repetitive task, but like real life, business relationships have to be made, and supply & demand play a big role.

8 minutes ago, manason said:

Development needs to focus on manufacturing. Take the common goods people buy, create raw material gathering spots, transportation of material, and a small crafting system. This is how cars could be made leading to a player based economy where the money isn't just given to you for a repetitive task, but like real life, business relationships have to be made, and supply & demand play a big role.

lets be reasonable this, that is a bit too much work for one dev.

Edited by Wizzidy

23 hours ago, Wizzidy said:

lets be reasonable this, that is a bit too much work for one dev.

Just depends on how large the scope of the feature is. The start could just be one raw material, and it crafts every car. It's more about mocking the supply chain than coming up with a complex crafting system as seen in other games.

I have 3 hours at night after work. A few times a week. Maybe double that if i have a Saturday off. If i farm calmly and am not intrupted by a robbery or other shenanigans I make about 4k an hour. Idle chitchat but no chance for serious RP. I'll probably want a water and burger on hand, so thats about 750 depending where I go. 

If I die I need a new map, GPS, charger, maybe a new battery if i was just stripped and not killed, that can wipe out a days worth of work. 

Parking my car is another 500 down the drain. 

God forbid I lose my legal firearm preventing my own robbery, thats another day of farming to get back. 

Plus a grand in taxi fees if I dont have anyone online who can give me a ride from the city back to Blaine county...

Inflation is an issue but I feel like 1000 dollar maps only hurt the people getting killed by gangs with million dollar mansions. The 500 parking fee is pointless for those whove got supercars and crippling to those that dont. Rebuying maps GPS chargers and God forbid /Bags/ can make a day of work wasted and reseting yourself after a robbery or death can take precious hours. 

How do you balance for players who just wanna RP a middle class but cant afford to with their limited time? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucius.D said:

I have 3 hours at night after work. A few times a week. Maybe double that if i have a Saturday off. If i farm calmly and am not intrupted by a robbery or other shenanigans I make about 4k an hour. Idle chitchat but no chance for serious RP. I'll probably want a water and burger on hand, so thats about 750 depending where I go. 

If I die I need a new map, GPS, charger, maybe a new battery if i was just stripped and not killed, that can wipe out a days worth of work. 

God forbid I lose my legal firearm preventing my own robbery, thats another day of farming to get back. 

Plus a grand in taxi fees if I dont have anyone online who can give me a ride from the city back to Blaine county...

Inflation is an issue but I feel like 1000 dollar maps only hurt the people getting killed by gangs with million dollar mansions. The 500 parking fee is pointless for those whove got supercars and crippling to those that dont. Rebuying maps GPS chargers and God forbid /Bags/ can make a day of work wasted and reseting yourself after a robbery or death can take precious hours. 

How do you balance for players who just wanna RP a middle class but cant afford to with their limited time? 

4k an hour is very low income. Look for a different job.

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

4k an hour is very low income. Look for a different job.

That's me trying to role play while in work. Farming. I dont play on this server to stand in a field all day. I also dont have 40 hours a week to play on the server. Im not asking for handouts, just the ability to role play an average citizen with average middle class stuff. 

2 hours ago, Lucius.D said:

That's me trying to role play while in work. Farming. I dont play on this server to stand in a field all day. I also dont have 40 hours a week to play on the server. Im not asking for handouts, just the ability to role play an average citizen with average middle class stuff. 

A lot of us are just like you - trust me. I work full time and split my relaxation time at home between ECRP and other games. The issue may be that you're looking at it from a "stuff" standpoint. You are completely able to role play an average citizen even though what you are making with farming is fairly low. There is absolutely no rush to get "stuff" and so much can be done without it. Is having a house and a decent car nice? Absolutely but it's not necessary. We are all here for roleplay opportunities, not to just grind money. If that is where a lot of your time is being spent, I do advise you to start branching out. There is the possibility that before you know it, you'll have a decent salary saved up just from participating in RP scenes and not even paying attention to work. 

Making the value of things less important might make things less RP. The fact that people have to grind to obtain certain things is in my opinion RP. No one is forcing any player to have a huge mansion or expensive car. You can still roleplay with limited funds, but if you want expensive stuff you’d have to work for it, just like in life.  

I'm not even asking decent. I mean just standard stuff to play the game at a base level, map, gps, or a LOW level car or truck! I get that guns and whatnot are harder to buy, I do, but its just hard to /play the game/ let alone excell at it, if all you have are your own two feet.

14 hours ago, Lucius.D said:

I experienced some of this... I must say it's hard and somewhat frustrating... though the thing is, I can't say the same as I don't have limited time at the moment unlike for you which is here to relax after a long days work. I hope they try to balance economy soon