AamirT

New rule

I would like to suggest a new rule that prevents people from looting grounded players, only people that can loot are those who are involved in Roleplay situation/scenario that led to injury of that person. Now days every person who falls off from bike or fall from a roof and get grounded, people see them as looting box and without anything, any words or a proper Roleplay,they come check and leave like nothing happened. I know you say it doesn't feel real for a injured person to resist but many things doesn't feel real and it happens, injured person can hide knife and stab robbers cause in some cases its only legs broken not hands and etc... so what I'm really trying to say is to bring a system which is fair for everyone.

AFAIK, you have to do a /me when interacting with a dead body and you also have to do a /do asking for any resistance when interacting with a live person in this way.

If people aren't following it, they're breaking the rules.

I don't want to complain about anything but just so you know i have reported someone who took everything without saying single word when fell from bike but got denied so i want to say it needs a rule that explain it clearly

38 minutes ago, GOAT said:

AFAIK, you have to do a /me when interacting with a dead body and you also have to do a /do asking for any resistance when interacting with a live person in this way.

If people aren't following it, they're breaking the rules.

Read 7.5.6 in the rule book, it states otherwise.

I'd say that if you're in a life or death situation, personal items should be the least of your worries. If you get downed, you're RP'ly (and scriptly) too weak to resist or to defend yourself. As much as it may be poor RP to not do any /me, best you can do is rate their RP. The server will also display a couple of /ame's to compensate.

2 hours ago, Marca said:

I'd say that if you're in a life or death situation, personal items should be the least of your worries. If you get downed, you're RP'ly (and scriptly) too weak to resist or to defend yourself. As much as it may be poor RP to not do any /me, best you can do is rate their RP. The server will also display a couple of /ame's to compensate.

Ive gotten downed from a trip over a log.... sorry I actually agree with this.... when you are role playing a sprained ankle and a person comes up and searches through your pockets while you are armed with a knife/gun... thats fucking nutty and nonrp. There are a couple other rulings in this server that just feel convenient at the time of the ruling that have long lasting consequences that negatively affect RP. I am not saying all injuries, in fact I think the best solution would be a system that allows a person to resist an attempt at looting until they reach the 25% marker... if they are 25% they are probably bleeding to death from the injury... but when a dirt bike glitches over a hill and daintily bumps into my person and I am running on adrenaline and shouting and holding my broken arm.... is it reasonable for a person to come near me while I have a knife? 

Yah I have to agree here. I have seen people in person IRL pretty severely wounded, fight off attackers. It is a bit silly you can fall down and twist and ankle, but have absolutely no way to prevent people from digging in your pockets and taking all your shit.

I don't see an reason that a /frisk and approve should be negated during an injury.

Add on top of that, it is rare people doing this show any sort of RP at all.

Edited by Jasmine

5 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

It's already considered Non-RP to loot people that you have not injured or have no involvement in their injury or the scenario where it occurred (i think) or at least it used to be. 

It's not in the rule book, also if I was reported for this as a new player and I got in trouble I would be upset that this was not clearly defined somewhere 

7 minutes ago, Tripcee said:

It's not in the rule book, also if I was reported for this as a new player and I got in trouble I would be upset that this was not clearly defined somewhere 

Non-Roleplay, read that rule: 

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

That can really be anything unrealistic or poor quality roleplay. 

1 minute ago, BrainDed said:

Except a report got denied when a person just walked to a car, pressed I and looted it, same can be said for looting a wounded person, its going to be denied and rule should be put in place for this

I can only speak for myself, but I have accepted some of these issues and I have denied some of these issues, it's all case-by-case; I do not see the need for a rule as there are certain scenarios where it wouldn't be so unrealistic.

25 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

Non-Roleplay, read that rule: 

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

That can really be anything unrealistic or poor quality roleplay. 

Its to vague, if im a gang member and i see another gangs person has fallen off of thier bike and hurt them selves im 100% going to take thier gun and laugh at them... i dont think that would be poor RP, but again who knows the rule is too vague

in movies you see it all of the time, homeless people or crack heads going through dead peoples pockets for jewlery or shit they can pawn.

Also ive made a report where someone chased me up a mountain in a super car and it was denied, how is that not poor quality RP, no where on earth will you find someone taking a million dollar plus super car up a mountain on a dirt bike track...

one of the biggest problems i see with new players and even myself when i first joined is the lack of clarity some of the rules.

take this rule for example:

14. Deathmatch (DM)

Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.

Yet in this rule only 6 bullets down you have this:

• Killing a player that has obeyed all orders and demands during a roleplay situation is allowed, with roleplay, only within 3 hours of:
    •  Severe hostile or criminal action is taken against you, e.g. someone is robbing you at gunpoint. (Excluding police aiming a gun at you.)

If a cop is pointing a gun at an ally, i am going to assume that they are getting arrested, there is no reason a cop should be pointing a gun at someone they are not arresting. Yet i have seen people get introuble for DM because the confusion in this rule.

I think it would be beneficial to new players and people who are not so new for the moderator team and really all staff to come together and start taking decisions from player reports and incorporating them into a detailed document or list or something where a player can see examples of why people got in trouble and how they can avoid being in the situations. This document could also be used to refer to when handing down punishments almost like case law that exists in our legal system in the real world.

Edited by Tripcee
removed spaces

Just now, Flucifial said:

I can only speak for myself, but I have accepted some of these issues and I have denied some of these issues, it's all case-by-case; I do not see the need for a rule as there are certain scenarios where it wouldn't be so unrealistic.

Well, in that situation, the person who did so, was a staff member and the report was denied, so it really didn't send off a good message about roleplay when it comes to looting.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tripcee said:

Its to vague, if im a gang member and i see another gangs person has fallen off of thier bike and hurt them selves im 100% going to take thier gun and laugh at them... i dont think that would be poor RP, but again who knows the rule is too vague

in movies you see it all of the time, homeless people or crack heads going through dead peoples pockets for jewlery or shit they can pawn.

Also ive made a report where someone chased me up a mountain in a super car and it was denied, how is that not poor quality RP, no where on earth will you find someone taking a million dollar plus super car up a mountain on a dirt bike track...

one of the biggest problems i see with new players and even myself when i first joined is the lack of clarity some of the rules.

take this rule for example:

14. Deathmatch (DM)

Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.

Yet in this rule only 6 bullets down you have this:

• Killing a player that has obeyed all orders and demands during a roleplay situation is allowed, with roleplay, only within 3 hours of:
    •  Severe hostile or criminal action is taken against you, e.g. someone is robbing you at gunpoint. (Excluding police aiming a gun at you.)

If a cop is pointing a gun at an ally, i am going to assume that they are getting arrested, there is no reason a cop should be pointing a gun at someone they are not arresting. Yet i have seen people get introuble for DM because the confusion in this rule.

I think it would be beneficial to new players and people who are not so new for the moderator team and really all staff to come together and start taking decisions from player reports and incorporating them into a detailed document or list or something where a player can see examples of why people got in trouble and how they can avoid being in the situations. This document could also be used to refer to when handing down punishments almost like case law that exists in our legal system in the real world.

I'm not here to argue the points, -1 from me. 

1 minute ago, BrainDed said:

Well, in that situation, the person who did so, was a staff member and the report was denied, so it really didn't send off a good message about roleplay when it comes to looting.

I agree it doesn't and it can be looked into further; the player can appeal the report decision in appeals, and if it is how you describe I think it could be worth it. 

I'm not here to argue the points, -1 from me. 

I wasn't wanting you to argue the points, i'm just giving my perspective as someone who has recently come to the server and noticed the lack of clarity in the rule book and i am scared every day that i am going to get reported and banned for something that wasnt clearly defined.

I agree it doesn't and it can be looked into further; the player can appeal the report decision in appeals, and if it is how you describe I think it could be worth it. 

Person drove up to the staff member because they yelled at them, and they just pressed I to steal something from the vehicle.

Edited by BrainDed

57 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

I spoke to several admins/support who have all told me that looting a body without RP is "bad practice" but not punishable.... this is why I +1ed it sort of. I think the rule needs some tuning... thats probably it.

6 hours ago, Flucifial said:

It's already considered Non-RP to loot people that you have not injured or have no involvement in their injury or the scenario where it occurred (i think) or at least it used to be. 

It's not anymore i guess, I'm not really here to cry about my report but it just made me sad when i see extremely 0 Roleplay and still report gets denied. Someone comes say what happened then after that press I, take items and leave right away without saying single word even you talking to him. If person doesn't reply /do is Non-RP but doesn't reply you when you role playing with him it doesn't count Non-RP.

So i think there should be New rule under PowerGaming so people wont abuse it.

Edited by AamirT