Clank

Government Expansion and Judicial System

30 minutes ago, money said:

death rp is a medical condition therefor it should be up to EMT and if he no EMT are around. Everyone involved.

PD are hypocrits, they want big 50. cal guns because muh realism, but not want to deal with the consequence of using big guns. namely that you cant arrest that has been absolutely obliterated.

If we make an exception that PD have to grant death RP if a guy is riddled with bullets from a police chase we would have to do the same for non PD gunfights. Because right now criminals just get shot up and just say in VOIP "Put me in the trunk and take me to MD" or call a medic when they have been lit up by an assault rifle when in real life theres no way they're surviving that. If we impose such strict standards on PD we have to impose the same standards on everyone else.

And while the Judicial system sounds like a good idea on paper I have to give it a -1. I have played on a police RP server that had this system and it just ruined roleplay. Every arrest made on that server resulted in the person yelling for a lawyer and a dragged out court case where the officer is expected to record everything that happend or the guy goes scott free. While in real life officers have body cams and dashcams so this isn't exactly an issue it's unfair to expect every PD member to have recording software on 24/7 just to arrest people.

2 minutes ago, UrbanAwsomeman said:

If we make an exception that PD have to grant death RP if a guy is riddled with bullets from a police chase we would have to do the same for non PD gunfights. Because right now criminals just get shot up and just say in VOIP "Put me in the trunk and take me to MD" or call a medic when they have been lit up by an assault rifle when in real life theres no way they're surviving that. If we impose such strict standards on PD we have to impose the same standards on everyone else. 

And while the Judicial system sounds like a good idea on paper I have to give it a -1. I have played on a police RP server that had this system and it just ruined roleplay. Every arrest made on that server resulted in the person yelling for a lawyer and a dragged out court case where the officer is expected to record everything that happend or the guy goes scott free. While in real life officers have body cams and dashcams so this isn't exactly an issue it's unfair to expect every PD member to have recording software on 24/7 just to arrest people. 

read my post above you, i agree we should have a single death rp mechanic for everybody

21 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

Yes, hence the suggestion to change how deathRP works. You shouldnt be able to get lit up by 4 carbines when a SWAT insurgent rolls up and still be denied death RP. It doesn't make sense RPly. It isnt toxic, i have literally been told that if i "wasted" their time with the chase, the officer was gonna waste my time with jail. Can you enlighten us all with reasons why death RP would be denied when it is clear that RPly the person would/should be dead?

Unfortunately if this was the way things worked, literally everyone would just whip out a pistol and demand DeathRP once they were downed. In a realistic world, one or two bullets would be sufficient to incapacitate a suspect without killing them, however cause this is a game and someone getting two-tapped would be unfair and boring, more shots are required and as such the number of shots required to kill an individual is a fair number higher than what would be required in real-life.

Typically I will approve DeathRP if it is realistic, ie. why is the person evading from me? Do they have a tonne of active charges? or is it a simple citation stop they've turned into a Felony Evasion and Attempted Murder of a Gov. Employee for no reason? In addition, is this the first time I've attempted to detain the same individual for the same charges? I have no interest in consistently having to chase the same person for the same charges every-time for them to whip out a pistol and go all last stand on me for the umpteenth time.

I don't really deny DeathRP based on the length of time that a situation occurs, I typically deny it more for poor RP like I've mentioned above. (Although it is rare for me to be in a position where the complete decision of DeathRP is on me alone.)

If there was a system where DeathRP had consequences similar to jail, then I think the whole scenario would be more fair. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UrbanAwsomeman said:

Law Enforcement testimony is considered valuable evidence. HOWEVER, It can be argued against and it can be doubted at times. Its not necessarily a full on death sentence if a cop witness says you're guilty BUT remember, a court of law is both parties trying to prove the other is at fault. I already consider all PD vehicles to have RP dashcams as do MOST people. A simple /do question would prevent parties from lying and even then most of the time one of the parties have it on recording. ESPECIALLY if one of them feels they are being wronged in the arrest, that would most likely trigger a recording response which can be use as "ic dashcam" footage since ALL cruisers should have dash. Even if its recorded by the suspect, if they are in front of the vehicle the recording can be used by both parties as RPly the cruiser would have captured it on cam.

16 hours ago, TheCanadian said:

The issue i have with IA reports is any time an arrest is made and i try to intervene, ask questions, etc. Whether its my friend or myself being arrested, in my 6months+ and 70 or so days played on the server i am willing to bet 95+% of the time i have been told "just ia report it, we are proceeding with this arrest." There are only 4 instances i can think of where the officer actually took time to get both sides of the altercation and didnt just say "just ia report xD" One was with Philippe Sanchez, the other with Ilia Daniels(twice with each officer).

Granted, there might be more instances that i am forgetting but the point i am trying to make is that it seems many officers just answer to disputes of arrest with telling those who are debating it or talking about their side of the altercation with "just ia report, you're still going to jail."

Which i mean, sure... i guess they can do that? But it doesn't really promote better RP on the server rather than taking the time to hear both sides and then when you have all the facts deciding if an arrest should be made and of who it should be. The reality is most officers know a lot of times civilians/criminals wont bother to make IA reports because it is a pain in the ass, and they use that to their advantage (it seems) rather than play out the RP and listen to each side. Seems they want to wrap up a scene as fast as they can once they arrive, get on with the arrests, and deal with any injustice in IA rather than listen to both sides. Having a judicial system would add significant RP to the server and help keep both officers and criminals accountable for their actions (Murders, unlawful arrests, etc.).

I wouldn’t say it’s  because officers don’t listen to the each side. What’s the reason of listening to a store robber you just witnessed robbing a store?

There are serious considerations for each arrest as you don’t want to put the wrong person in prison. Cops sometimes say “Just IA report it” because in many cases there is no reason to talk to the perpetrator when the crime has been done and there is enough evidence.

Of course that doesn’t mean that “listening to both sides” shouldn’t happen and “just IA report it” should be an answer. But it literally doesn’t happen. Cops do investigate crimes that they don’t have enough evidence to and listen to both sides. Many times people are let go because there isn’t enough evidence to charge a person.

TLDR: Cops say “just IA report it” when a criminal is complaining about whether they committed a crime, while the officers are sure that they did.

17 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

DeathRP is alternative RP that must be approved by everyone involved. As such can not be transferred to EMTs because cops will be present, and all parties must consent to alternative RP. DeathRP is not a right, and a cop saying no doesn't mean he has a person vendetta, attitudes like those are toxic.

I think ignoring the very large possibility that this is the case after they have been playing different sides of an RP situation for a while and there will almost certainly be bias there is a more toxic mentality. People are human, I think there should just be death RP rules involving EMTs but mostly just things like if I get shot in the back 4 times I am allowed to request my character dies from those gunshot wounds instead of being hefted bleeding into a trunk and driven to the hospital so they can get the big W, it happens, im not even a criminal and I know that while there are a lot of good PD players, there are just as many abusive ones.... We cannot ignore everyone's feelings.