DeanThompson

Option to leave or stay in prison when prison time is up

As the title says there should be an option to stay or leave prison when your time is up.

It's really frustrating when you are in the midst of some really good prison roleplay when your time or someone elses time suddenly expires and you automatically teleport out of prison.

What should happen is you should get a notification saying "Your prison sentence is over. Type /releaseme when you are ready to leave the prison".

• Like 2

+1

I could see how popping right out of prison could be annoying mid rp.

I would however put a time limit of like 30 minutes that the command could be used before it just auto boots someone out after their time is up just so people don't stay in prison forever.

Edited by Wifye

2 minutes ago, Wifye said:

+1

I could see how popping right out of prison could be annoying mid rp.

I would however put a time limit of like 30 minutes that the command could be used before it just auto boots someone out after their time is up just so people don't just stay in prison.

Why? Why not let people stay in prison as long as they wish so they can bring in some prison RP?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeanThompson said:

Why? Why not let people stay in prison as long as they wish so they can bring in some prison RP?

A mix between the realism of prison kicking people out when their times up and so players can't just stay hanging out there forever thus making them almost inaccessible to others. I could see people hiding in prison to avoid facing threats waiting on the outside.

I don't play a criminal character and never have been in jail but the idea that players could just stay there forever seems a tad broken in the grand scheme of things.

I think there should be a limit for realism's sake. It wouldn't make sense to get life in prison for certain charges that will land you in prison. However, you should be able to choose when you are released (let's say up to four hours) so that you may finish any roleplay scenario before leaving.

+1

1 minute ago, DeanThompson said:

Alternatively maybe the guards could get a notification to kick you out 😄

I was actually just about to suggest that the guards could do that.

I do like @alexalex303 idea of four hours compared to 30 minutes, could even go with 8 hours to make it 1 day IC. Gives them plenty of time to finish rp'ing

+1 I can see a small demand for this. A few times on my PD character I was asked to re-imprison someone OOC as they were involved in RP.

One that I remember well was 2 friends who got imprisoned at the same time for the max time. However, one had VIP so was let out 30 minutes earlier than the other. They must have both been enjoying it inside as they both asked me to imprison the other when he was released.

Maybe instead of automatic ejection from prison, you could get a notification stating your time is up and you can use /leaveprison to leave. People that go AFK and may miss the notification, when they do /jtime it should display the notification again.

+1 As the prison roleplay goes we do not want to limit the ability for people that want to stay and roleplay aswell as the ability foe a guard to remove an inmate after finishing their sentence would be great! We were thinking about a system that would ping eveey guard on duty like the ringprison command that would allow us to retrieve the inmate and bring them to a point in the prison which would then release them automatically from that point. 

• Like 2

+1 

There should be a command to release yourself when your time is up instead of being released automatically. Something like between 2-4 hours if the command is not used would be a good idea so people aren’t in the prison forever. I also suggest if people don’t notice that their time is up that a prompt in chat would tell you you served your time and to use the command to release yourself, maybe in time intervals.

This could add some roleplay for DOC actually walking the person out, giving them their items back, etc.

+1

Who wouldn't like some prison RP! I think this is a great idea to just not have people TP out instant. I actually had some situation where the TP'ing was sort of taking IC by hearing something like: "If your sentence was over, you would have been outside with your clothes no matter what". If we can combine with with the RP of guards, I would be very happy actually.

I also think you could make a case for not being able to be released when the prison is closed to the public (same as bank times - closed from 10pm till 8am) unless a Corrections Officer allows it. That would give people an incentive to be well behaved in prison, because they want to get out on time.

But then again, I feel like DOC should probably have the option to extend your original sentence by up to an hour if you commit more crimes in jail.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

+1 I can see a small demand for this. A few times on my PD character I was asked to re-imprison someone OOC as they were involved in RP.

One that I remember well was 2 friends who got imprisoned at the same time for the max time. However, one had VIP so was let out 30 minutes earlier than the other. They must have both been enjoying it inside as they both asked me to imprison the other when he was released.

Maybe instead of automatic ejection from prison, you could get a notification stating your time is up and you can use /leaveprison to leave. People that go AFK and may miss the notification, when they do /jtime it should display the notification again.

One hundred percent this is my suggestion 😄

This would make the prison more lively and create a lot more prison roleplay

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.