Astrox

Elections, Politics & Government Structure

It seems really unlikely but I’m just spitballing ideas. People would apply to be this role somewhere and they would be able to change taxes, ban certain items hear the people’s suggestions, or carry out a presidents role in general. There could be 2 opposing parties, and we can host debates and charge people to come which would be great for the economy. The term would last OOC 6 months or whatever u make up, and we the people would vote for the president somehow( I don’t know how we would cast the polls, maybe thru google forms). There is a lot to expand on the idea but it would be pretty cool. We already have so many buildings sitting around this wouldn’t be a problem.  We could make the minimum Xp requirement 50000 or 100000, and charge candidates a price to run. 

This would also allow the Secret Service to be created, another great job opportunity. They would obviously protect our president. 

2 sides would host debates with 4 final candidates on each side. There would be 3 debates for each party, and after every debate the people would vote out the worst candidate.

Companies could endorse certain candidates on Weazel Ads

I just thought it’s worth asking seeing current events in the U.S.A. 

Let me hear your thoughts

EDIT: People have been suggesting mayor instead of president. Either is good but I still want to see the debate strategy I included 😝

Edited by Erickushnir

I know we have seen people requesting presidents but I think governors would work much better. We would have 2. One based in Paleto, and one based in Los Santos. These people would set up new laws as well as putting in his opinion on city changes, and give more ideas. ((I think this RP would be so fun because we could have elections)) I dont have a full proof plan on this but it would be fun to have.

There is a ton of potential for very intricate and dedicated, full political structure with elections and people in positions to connect with and I'd really love to see us have a full political IC structure. Obviously there must be requirements and there are specific people in specific positions, or these positions would be created to be held by them, for both IC and OOC reasons.

I also believe a lot of the factions we have, can also be consolidated and simplified, like Government, Law Enforcement and even Mechanics.

Below a pretty straight forward structure, proper names/titles can be adjusted.

• Secretary of State, housed by Governors, state marshals and state police. (Highest office/s, held by highest staff.)
    • State Representatives (help oversee much of the below, based on location of operation)
      • Mayor of Senora (electable)
      • Mayor of Los Santos (electable)
      • Mayor of Paleto (electable)
    • Business & Civilian Sector (Licensing & Business)
      • Director/s
        • Business & Licensing
          • Staff & Interns
        • Contracts & Finance
          • Mechanics
          • Transportation
    • Defense, Emergency & Justice Sector
      • Justice Court *(faction)
        • High Justice (electable by the below)
          • Judges (electable)
        • Legal Representatives (hireable and eligible for judge positions)
      • Fire & Medical Services *(faction)
        • Directors (heading the below departments)
          • Fire Response (led by the Fire Chief)
          • Medical Response (led by the Chief of Medicine)
      • Law Enforcement *(faction)
        • Commissioners (essentially the chiefs of their respective departments below)
          • Police Department (reports also to Mayor of Los Santos)
            • Traffic Enforcement
            • City Services
          • Sheriff Department (reports also to Mayor of Paleta and Senora)
            • Marshal Service
            • Highway Patrol
            • County Services
          • Investigations Department (reports also to all Mayors)
            • Agents & Detectives
          • Department of Corrections (reports also to Mayor of Senora)
            • Parole Division
          • Special Tactics & Law Enforcement (SWAT+NOOSE+SED)
      • Military (National Guard) *(faction)
        • Generals (of their respective sections)
          • Officers
            • Personnel (players can join as 'reserve')
Edited by Xoza
  • Upvote 5

One thing I really enjoyed with old school SAMP servers was all the inner politics of so many different factions, we had judicial system, air force, national guard, PD, SD, NOOSE, FBI, MD, FD, Government etc... (This also applied heavly to the Civilian and Criminal organizations, but I wasn't involved in those so much)

I also think with a well structured and thought out Political system combined with an enhancement script wise for businesses and business creation (buying properties, setting vehicle spawn points, designating business vehicles, business bank account, F4 style menu to hire/fire, demotion/promotion and overall business permissions) could lead to a substantial amount of RP, moving away from the ever increasing ''cops vs robbers'' state that (I think) has been going on for a while.

Perhaps my biggest worry would be initiative. We've seen these sorts of things talked about a ton of times, but nothing ever gets done. This needs real initiative from the owner side of things. Like:

1. Long-Term plan (AKA What we want to see)
  2. A timeline (AKA this is when we want this done by)
  3. A plan (AKA X,Y and Z person is in charge of making this happen, applications to help develop open up)
  4. Communication (AKA Letting people know through regular updates what is the status of the project/ road-map)
  5. Execution (Assuming all other points are followed, deliver the intended project in the time stipulated)

Edited by Cyrus Raven

13 hours ago, Xoza said:

There is a ton of potential for very intricate and dedicated, full political structure with elections and people in positions to connect with and I'd really love to see us have a full political IC structure. Obviously there must be requirements and there are specific people in specific positions, or these positions would be created to be held by them, for both IC and OOC reasons.

I also believe a lot of the factions we have, can also be consolidated and simplified, like Government, Law Enforcement and even Mechanics.

Below a pretty straight forward structure, proper names/titles can be adjusted.

• Secretary of State, housed by Governors, state marshals and state police. (Highest office/s, held by highest staff.)
    • State Representatives (help oversee much of the below, based on location of operation)
      • Mayor of Senora (electable)
      • Mayor of Los Santos (electable)
      • Mayor of Paleto (electable)
    • Business & Civilian Sector (Licensing & Business)
      • Director/s
        • Business & Licensing
          • Staff & Interns
        • Contracts & Finance
          • Mechanics
          • Transportation
    • Defense, Emergency & Justice Sector
      • Justice Court
        • High Justice (electable by the below)
          • Judges (electable)
        • Legal Representatives (higherable and eligible for judge positions)
      • Fire & Medical Services
        • Directors (heading the below departments)
          • Fire Response (led by the Fire Chief)
          • Medical Response (led by the Chief of Medicine)
      • Law Enforcement
        • Commissioners (essentially the chiefs of their respective departments below)
          • Police Department (reports also to Mayor of Los Santos)
            • Traffic Enforcement
            • City Services
          • Sheriff Department (reports also to Mayor of Paleta and Senora)
            • Marshal Service
            • Highway Patrol
            • County Services
          • Investigations Department (reports also to all Mayors)
            • Agents & Detectives
          • Department of Corrections (reports also to Mayor of Senora)
            • Parole Division
          • Special Tactics & Law Enforcement (SWAT+NOOSE+SED)
      • Military (National Guard)
        • Generals (of their respective sections)
          • Officers
            • Personnel (players can join as 'reserve')

+1 I really like the idea, having elections and governors would make the roleplay more fun and we can involve Weazle news for interviews elections etc.
PS: What about the new island ? I believe they should also get their own governor 

I feel like a mayor would be cool for all 3 cities LS, Sandy, and Paleto it would make a cool aspect of laws in each city and they could legalize things and bring charges down depending on the city. But the laws would be voted on by the residents of each city choosing what laws should be changed and which ones should be implemented. But, there would be punishments or warns OOC for NonRP if they choose to change laws like everyone can have a AK running on the streets and killing people is allowed ETC.

I still believe an elected body of government that be both the executive branch and the legislature brings an untapped roleplay potential to the server.

While no system was perfect, on a samp server I used to play on, they had one of the most complex Government System that was the main item that attracted me to their server the first place.

An OOC and IC process can be implemented like any other faction currently.

- No OOC Corruption

- Persons interested in Candidacy will need to submit an OOC application to the head of factions, and must be approved OOC before proceeding IC or is able to run.

- Person must be in good standing within the community and of good character, both OOC and IC.

- OOC requirements are put in place to weed out unexperienced players. Ex. Need 100,000 XP to apply.

- Law Enforcement conducts a background on the individual to make sure they meet the IC requirements, not a convicted felon, immediate ties to gangs, etc.

The list can go on but yhall get the gist of it.

• Like 1

+1

I think now, more than ever, this would be super cool! A lot of people don't like the government structure and have compared it to a dictatorship, people not having a say in who is in power. It would bring a whole new dynamic to the server which would be great to explore.

You'd be able to have a mayor who assigns more funds to law enforcement, increasing their fleet, payroll money and helps them apply state laws at the cost of lower funding for public services like LSC, Bayview or DCC for example. 

Then you could have a new term with a different leader who is bias toward Grapeseed, increasing money made from farming but reduce it from city work like roadworks, burgershot etc.

It just opens the server up to an update in the legal world. 'Election Season' and such would be big events!

• Upvote 1