Donovan

Speed Camera notifications over texts

Can we please remove this ? I personally as a criminal do not intend to pay fines and avoid jail for as long as possible , so my phone is spammed by such a big amount of these texts that when I spawn and open the phone for the first time , it says " no messages " , then my whole game freezes for like 10 seconds then all the fine messages load in . Not to mention that it makes a clusterfuck and regular messages hard to read , cause it's not categorised by a number like in real life , but every message is separate which makes it obnoxious to use the phone texts as a way of communication

-1 From what I've heard from the PD; camera's are a solution to an OOC problem. Camera's are in the NCZ's. This is a place where no crime should be committed and when there is criminal activity ADMINS step in. Hence this isn't supposed to be nice to the player and this is supposed to be a nuisance, to decrease the crimes committed in an area where it's against the server rules to commit a crime.

Server & Roleplay Rules 2019 Edition

"8. No Crime Zones (NCZ)

A no crime zone is an area where players may not commit any actions considered crimes."

This is merely my interpretation of the server rules and cameras, so of course I can be wrong. So, if the cameras are more RP than OOC then the text messages should be reviewed.

Stefan Gurrent

4 hours ago, st3fan333 said:

-1 From what I've heard from the PD; camera's are a solution to an OOC problem. Camera's are in the NCZ's. This is a place where no crime should be committed and when there is criminal activity ADMINS step in. Hence this isn't supposed to be nice to the player and this is supposed to be a nuisance, to decrease the crimes committed in an area where it's against the server rules to commit a crime.

"8. No Crime Zones (NCZ)

A no crime zone is an area where players may not commit any actions considered crimes."

This is merely my interpretation of the server rules and cameras, so of course I can be wrong. So, if the cameras are more RP than OOC then the text messages should be reviewed.

Stefan Gurrent

Actually , NCZ's are zones where crimes involving victims are forbidden , speeding is a victimless crime unless you get into a car accident with someone ..

Like I don't mind the messages , if they would be categorized by numbers so you open a number and u see all texts between you and that number , but with the current system it just clugs the phone for no reason it's not like you do not know when you are going over the speed limit ...

Perhaps make it possible for the text from the automated system to overwrite the pre-existing one if any, then code in the system to "stack" the fines/tickets and thus the fine would just keep getting bigger and bigger, while also allowing for partial payments of a speeding fine no less than 1k (cause that's the lowest).

In conclusion: Only 1 text ever and it tells you how many fines you accumulated.

Edited by VeridianPhantom

18 minutes ago, VeridianPhantom said:

Perhaps make it possible for the text from the automated system to overwrite the pre-existing one if any, then code in the system to "stack" the fines/tickets and thus the fine would just keep getting bigger and bigger, while also allowing for partial payments of a speeding fine no less than 1k (cause that's the lowest).

In conclusion: Only 1 text ever and it tells you how many fines you accumulated.

Exactly

2 hours ago, Donovan said:

Actually , NCZ's are zones where crimes involving victims are forbidden , speeding is a victimless crime unless you get into a car accident with someone ..

Not in the new rules. Its all crime. Not just victem crimes.

"  A no crime zone is an area where players may not commit any actions considered crimes. "

• Like 1

The point of the SMS is to notify players with IC means and to even tell them they got a fine in the first place. It makes sense this isn't a 1 time message from the server in the chat. You can always delete the message right after getting it to keep it clutter free.

Also if you're a criminal, you should avoid speed cameras since they may tip off the cops to your location, what you're driving and what you look like. It doesn't make sense that you're a wanted criminal, yet you keep speeding through NCZ's, literally asking for trouble. In the end speed cameras are effective and do what they were designed to do, solve a OOC problem IC.

• Like 1

I am noto saying Speed Cameras are not effective , I am saying notifications are not because they make more problems then solve , if you speed past a camera you will know it ... I just think the way phones are at the moment and considering how their mechanics are limited , getting a message for every ticket is too much for it too handle, but hey that could just be me

On 3/20/2019 at 6:13 PM, st3fan333 said:

"8. No Crime Zones (NCZ)

Stefan Gurrent

I think what OP is trying to convey is that texts need not be sent to the players phone? You're obviously correct however. I do agree with OP though, if the mass amounts of speeding texts is causing his text messages not to appear correctly. That's an unintended bug that needs to be fixed or remedied somehow, or just simply avoided. I'm going to have to +1 OP on this one.

2 hours ago, Swagmiku said:

I think what OP is trying to convey is that texts need not be sent to the players phone? You're obviously correct however. I do agree with OP though, if the mass amounts of speeding texts is causing his text messages not to appear correctly. That's an unintended bug that needs to be fixed or remedied somehow, or just simply avoided. I'm going to have to +1 OP on this one.

Hmmm true true I guess implementing a bug isn’t the way of fixing a problem +1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.