JordanJustJordan

Make it Non-Rp to randomly search vehicles.

Too many times has some random came up to my car at Legion, My own parking lot, or just on the side of the road and has opened my trunk, and reached inside with little to no RP beyond "Whats in here?" Not only is this insanely unrealistic but its also not roleplay. Ive heard of people randomly going by and snatching purses while on foot before, but Ive never heard of someone watching as someone sits in their vehicle, walks up to the trunk opens it and grabs shit out of the back. There should be proper RP and reasoning beyond "Im a criminal, criminals steal."

Edited by JordanJustJordan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

+1.

If someone was to actually steal something from someone's trunk, it makes no sense to do it as I am also searching my own trunk, I am right there, obviously i would intervene if someone walked up and just started having a good rummage.

Now, if the thief either, roleplayed attempting to push me over to get to the trunk, or otherwise robbed me with a weapon, or if for some dumb reason I have forgotten to lock my car and walked away from it, that should be allowed. but just doing a driveby snatch and grab is abusing the UI of the server and the fact the person whos head is in the trunk can do little to stop you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AnakinB said:

-1 that’s the risk you take leaving ur car somewhere like public parking I’m sure if there was a way to steal from the car as it was parked people still would but that’s not the way the script works. Dont leave anything valuable in ur car that’s an irl rule….

I think you may wanna read the suggestion again... this has nothing to do with leaving valuables in your car...its to do with you being there, with your car, and someone totally disregarding that.

Its the same shit as someone trying to get into your car as you unlock it to get into it yourself.

If someone wishes to be a committed asshole, they can keep this up for an unreasonably long time.

Edited by Quietthecutie
  • Like 1

In my opinion, it could fall under Non-RP behavior just in general depending on the context and I don't think it needs to be added to the rules specifically as the Non-RP rule is vague for a reason and it is up to Mods to determine if a scenario is low-quality roleplay. It comes down to players making in-game or forum reports if there was a loss great enough to justify the forum report.

17 minutes ago, Jufro said:

Don't be a bot, just lock your car

When you spawn your car at parking, unlock it, and within the 2-3 seconds before your auto lock is enabled, people rush your trunk to loot it, getting locked inside, but continue to steal stuff it's non rp, they're actively abusing the script and it should be against the rules outright.

• YAY 1

5 hours ago, HobGoblin said:

-1 you can keep the car locked to avoid this. You can’t say it’s “unrealistic” because if you lived in a place that had as much crime as the server does with everyone going around masked, I’m sure you would keep your car locked. 

the sec you unlock your car to get in it, you see someone spam open and look in the trunk

4 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

Submit a report!

Its happened multiple times, sometime ago around a year ago. There was a player who had a character named "Carlito" and he got away with doing this exact same thing multiple times, I've seen him on reports get away with doing it as its his character and hes a kleptomaniac.

6 hours ago, HobGoblin said:

-1 you can keep the car locked to avoid this. You can’t say it’s “unrealistic” because if you lived in a place that had as much crime as the server does with everyone going around masked, I’m sure you would keep your car locked. 

This doesn't happen period. When people steal they do it in a way that makes it easy for them to escape as to avoid being caught. In a situation where im in my car, no one in their right mind would get into my trunk and run off with my stuff. Because I'd follow them in my vehicle while they're on foot.

7 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

Submit a report!

Whilst you are technically not wrong this is the most ham fisted way to resolve the issue.

In game reports require an Admin to be available to resolve the issue plus POV/proof to be saved or logs to be checked etc. most of the time admins have better things to do. 

If no admins about and I have to submit a forum report, that takes time outa my day, an admin then has to spend more time going back and forth with myself and the reported, it takes days to resolve and at the end of it seeing as most snatch and grabs don't exceed 20k I probably don't actually see my stuff returned. so, what to do. let it go and let the troll win or go down this road, take time outa my and an admins day to write a report that wont get my stuff back...

Its a lot more elegant if I can just PM the player, tell them I think they broke the rules, and if the rule gives what they did as an example i can point at it and most times they are happy to walk it back. no admin involvement, no drama. but without the example written into the rules it turns into a city hall debate in PMs, which is fun for no one.

• Upvote 1