Ranger

Boat/"Water RP" Suggestion Megathread

Lots of cool ideas came from a poll of mine in ECRP General chat regarding "Why don't people buy boats" and a lot of cool ideas came from it. This thread is being created to keep the ideas logged somewhere that won't be lost in general chatter. I'll eventually browse suggestions for some old water-related/boat-related suggestions and link them here in the main post.

Feel free to drop ideas!

(To the forum warriors: If someone somehow manages to make this discussion/suggestion thread about a certain playerbase v another playerbase (Crim v LEO) I'll probably just ban you for a week on the forums, it's about boats let's keep it that way and not be cringe)

• Like 2

Copied from the Discord

I think a big qol would be adding some type of rentable vehicle or vehicle spawn up at Cayo. As that's the big "boat place" but it's not enjoyable to go up there to have to walk the massive island imo

Want to make boats more viable, Host events like fishing competitions, boat races, treasure hunts. Create boat fishing and trading jobs from cargo port to cargo port. Allow people to have their own luxury cruise for a significant amount of money.

Spawn scuba gear for events for diving!

Adding more to Cayo Perico would definitley make boats more popular. I know there was a thread about adding some crim activities to Cayo, but im sure there is more potential than only that, possible a change to the fishing script out there with fishing from cayo giving more 'exotic' fish which would pay more

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Payn said:

Adding more to Cayo Perico would definitley make boats more popular. I know there was a thread about adding some crim activities to Cayo, but im sure there is more potential than only that, possible a change to the fishing script out there with fishing from cayo giving more 'exotic' fish which would pay more

I like the idea of like "higher quality" or maybe "deep sea" fish from fishing off a boat or fishing off cayo

Fishing yields “big fish” if x distance from shore, sells for more

Make car speakers work in boats (if they don’t already but I could have sworn they don’t, could be wrong) edit: I was wrong lmao

Drop the prices, for something that’s nowhere near as useful as a car, the prices are quite a bit too much imo. 

Some sort of freelance job cargo would be hella fun but that’s not really in line with player owned boats but could be fun

• Upvote 2

Extending script to Cayo Perico so it gives players an incentive to have a boat would be nice. This could includes adding things such as: fishing jobs, hunting (which would be sick), a dealership (only for small vacation-like cars), and a parking lot all in the little island of Cayo Perico. As at the moment having a boat really doesn’t mean much. If it could eventually have means to be the only way to transport yourself to an “extension” of Los Santos, (with script support instead of the vanilla map) I feel like this would make everyone feel obligated to have at the very least a Dhingy boat.

Even better, maybe the Mapping Team could script “stop and go” places along the way to Cayo Perico (ex: the huge military boat no one cares to go to but still exists there). This could give players a sense of “sea exploration” with their boat also instead of the typical riding around the shores of Los Santos.

Edited by checkky
  • Like 1

A major issue with Water RP is the sync. It's gotten better, but it's still far from perfect. 

Diving opportunities would be a lot of fun. Maybe more events involving submarines?

This is a really far out there idea, but yachts? Spawn in a few more and make them purchasable maybe? Like a sea-borne property for the megarich? 

5 hours ago, DontSniffSugar said:

Add houses for sale on Cayo or just do more stuff on Cayo, such as drop locations or other types of RP to incentivize it, and people would buy more boats.

@Ash and @Payn both had a great suggestion with deep sea fishing too.

+100 would be amazing, 

Also add some of the other boats to the server for example Shitzu Longfin, tug boat, or even float plane. With more boats or expanding the boat RP we would need mechanic boats to fix the broken ones. 

I am all for more water/boat RP as it currently is extremely limited. There are scrips for rage to fish different kinds of fish   maybe add a floating dock/gas station/ fish drop off if deep sea fishing gets implemented somewhere out there. 

Add a drug lab that cooks faster on the abandoned aircraft carrier? maybe like 3 tables but they dont cycle like the rest of them? . Or like someone suggested figure out a use for it

Maybe on the topic of water sports would there be a way to sit on a tube an go down the rapids up in sandy area?

Maybe add a few boats to credits? 

I think one of the biggest annoyances is trying to buy or sell a boat, It has gotten better with the addition of benny's with mechanics being on duty in the city. But if you want your boat modded painted whatever you need to call someone down tow the thing to a shop and back. There should be a dry dock central to everything any mechanic can answer a /mr to and do boat mods. With that being said i did make a suggestion awhile ago about a boat high end to make it easyier to buy and sell used boats. maybe it can be beside a central boat mod dry dock or something? 

I see some of the ideas that were displayed through comments, I like them and I believe Boats should be used more, as of now people don’t really use them much for unknown reasons, it might be the prices maybe but idk just an assumption… 

Either way  
+1 from me

All the idea are good. +1000 could probs even add diving suits which people could buy with relegations so wouldn’t be to unfair for PD. For example under water treasure in certain areas where even the sharks don’t come around or even a little island in the middle somewhere.

Big thing that needs to be changed is how much boats cost. Im sure even without all these suggested additions, just decreasing the price substantially would influence people to purchase boats more. Paying like $300,000 for a boat for it to have little to no use other than sailing along the shore is pointless to a lot of people.