Atlas Cross

Hear me out.....Cops drop their weapons and other items not normally dropped.

I know back in the day cops use to drop all their items and it was abused apparently. I feel like it can fixed and done correctly. I know it feels more rewarding when you end up in a shootout with law enforcement and you can take their items as your reward versus killing them, and then being almost dead and almost out of ammo now. I feel like when cops go into a gun fight they have nothing to lose. With this implementation gun fights will be chose more carefully.  Could make it to wear people can't just rob cops for their weapons without proper motive of course to combat people just robbing cops. I also feel it will add a sense of realism as well. Also it would be interesting to see law enforcement and other agencies to have to go for their own set of supply runs to reup on gear that can then be contested by criminals. Who happen to interrogate someone and get the location of where the resupply is happening. If not this then event's that happen like once every week or every two weeks where a convoy starts up north or south and they have to make it to their destination. Criminals have the opportunity to try and intercept it and get the goods for themselves.  I know how this can be implemented smoothly if you would like to hear more specifics on this.

Edited by Atlas Cross
  • Upvote 1

I have nothing to lose because nothing I'm going into a shootout with is mine.
The vehicle I'm driving to get there ain't mine. The gun I'm firing isn't mine. The uniform I'm wearing, isn't mine.

But, I have to value my life by the rules, same as you.

On the one hand you're talking about a sense of realism but then on the other, are we supposed to order shipments now? Maybe stand in line at Ammunition?

If you wanna go the realism route, you can have my service weapon when I die but if I injure you instead and you survive, you get life in prison and you have to serve at least 15 years (hours) in prison. Additionally, if you want to use California's "10-20-life" law, you can get an extra 20 hours for firing a gun during an attempt at murder. If you do it a second time, your sentence for attempted murder doubles. If you do it a third time you get life, minimum.

• Like 1
  • YAY 1
  • polarcop 2
  • dead 1

6 minutes ago, Bala said:

On the one hand you're talking about a sense of realism but then on the other, are we supposed to order shipments now? Maybe stand in line at Ammunition?

you guys have 100 members plus, and again not all at once but most of the time you guys have way more resources then crims. So dont act like ordering shipments that would prob get delivered straight to PD with Armored vehicles isnt out of the question. You seem to get on the attack a lot on these game suggestions. Maybe you dont realize its a friendly convo and we all play on the same server but man you really like to be smart on here. but that being said whatever makes you smile at the end of the night right. Anyways, i think it should just be a weapon like .50s which is reasonable and some higher ranking officers. that way it those who are Trained not to lose weapons and have the experience would only lose it in certain cases. This suggestion would of course have to be worked on quite a lot. Thanks Buddy!

I hope you well!

17 minutes ago, Bala said:

I have nothing to lose because nothing I'm going into a shootout with is mine.
The vehicle I'm driving to get there ain't mine. The gun I'm firing isn't mine. The uniform I'm wearing, isn't mine.

But, I have to value my life by the rules, same as you.

If you wanna go the realism route, you can have my service weapon when I die but if I injure you instead and you survive, you get life in prison and you have to serve at least 15 years (hours) in prison. Additionally, if you want to use California's "10-20-life" law, you can get an extra 20 hours for firing a gun during an attempt at murder. If you do it a second time, your sentence for attempted murder doubles. If you do it a third time you get life, minimum.

I get where you are coming from, but at the same time a group of criminals armed with .50's and sometimes heavies and AP has no shot again law enforcement who will go in with the strongest weapon available to them. Not to mention if you want to bring in OOC corruption which then allows cops to steal said weapons they recover off criminals as well with proper approval and motives. Can't say police don't steal items because you can ask anyone ever how they are always missing items. What's to say they are not taking the weapons as well? So really being a cop and having all this utility on your side on ways you can take it. You have more to gain than lose as a police officer in the way things stand at the moment.

Edited by Atlas Cross

This is going to come off as cop bias but there is no regulating something like this.

The result will be more reports against criminals from the LEO side and more punishments for DM.

Ambushes would likely become standard for any LEO response to robberies. I can already see cops getting ambushed responding to simple ATM or store robberies from this.

I think it will completely change the intention behind store robberies too. The objective would not be to make money from the store but rather have multiple people in or around the store ready to ambush the first cop that shows up, take their guns, and dip.

Also "intercepting" LEO shipments is just going to be the money truck/airplane event every single time.

Yeah, cops have nothing to lose in terms of assets but they also have nothing to gain from winning a gunfight other than maybe an adrenaline rush. I'm also fairly certain it is impossible to get OOC Corruption to steal weapons as a cop and even if you could, the consequences of getting caught are getting instantly fired and now your character is no longer a cop. Not worth lol.

Since SD and PD are reactionary factions, to counteract these behaviors, cops will be wearing heavier armor and stacking up more, both of which will make general crim life tougher.

I know many people who play mainly on the crim side don't like that cops don't lose anything, however, criminal players have exponentially higher potential to make money. LEO RPers are stuck at 5-8k per hour no matter what which gets taxed 35%. This isn't a cops and robbers server where we want to reward either side for killing each other.

Edited by Jett_J
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jett_J said:

This is going to come off as cop bias but there is no regulating something like this.

The result will be more reports against criminals from the LEO side and more punishments for DM.

Ambushes would likely become standard for any LEO response to robberies. I can already see cops getting ambushed responding to simple ATM or store robberies from this.

I think it will completely change the intention behind store robberies too. The objective would not be to make money from the store but rather have the multiple people in or around the store ready to ambush the first cop that shows up, take their guns, and dip.

Also "intercepting" LEO shipments is just going to be the money truck/airplane event every single time.

Yeah, cops have nothing to lose in terms of assets but they also have nothing to gain from winning a gunfight other than maybe an adrenaline rush. I'm also fairly certain it is impossible to get OOC Corruption to steal weapons as a cop and even if you could, the consequences of getting caught are getting instantly fired and now your character is no longer a cop. Not worth lol.

Since SD and PD are reactionary factions, to counteract these behaviors, cops will be wearing heavier armor and stacking up more, both of which will make general crim life tougher.

I know many people who play mainly on the crim side don't like that cops don't lose anything, however, criminal players have exponentially higher potential to make money. LEO RPers are stuck at the 5-8k per hour no matter what which gets taxed 35%. This isn't a cops and robbers server where we want to reward either side for killing each other.

Very Valid actually

I don't agree with the original post but some sort of benefit out of shooting at police would be good but I know that's going to immediately be shut down with the same argument that people would hunt cops which would probably happen knowing a lot of crims. It would be good if a balance was found between these but there's gonna be issues whether is changed it stays the same. For example cops being fined for losing weaponry if they die but that sorta breached NLR from the server side.

Edited by a1ex

we should be moving away from the idea of shooting cops, not towards it.

I have 2 crims and an LEO character, both of these crims are in rather big gangs and I can confidently say that well it might be fun for a little, shooting cops is the dumbest thing you can do. 1. You don’t get anything from them, they don’t drop guns or anything so you’re risking multiple hours in DOC and thousands of dollars in losses of equipment and fines for no reason really. 2. It fucks your gang for the future, if yku shoot at cops you’re 1000% getting suppressed and being a member of Royals before where we got suppressed constantly, it’s not fun. 

We shouldn’t be focusing on adding more reasons to shoot cops, there’s way bigger issues on the server that need to be addressed. 

I definitely support this, because as he says, there is currently 0 reason to engage in a battle with cops. How I see this let’s make/create new faction who answering about weapon, guarding and transporting weapons caches to SD and LSPD like S.A.A.S back in days . OG knows what Im talking about . It’s would be fun for criminals and make more activity in server.

2 hours ago, Herbo said:

we should be moving away from the idea of shooting cops, not towards it.

I have 2 crims and an LEO character, both of these crims are in rather big gangs and I can confidently say that well it might be fun for a little, shooting cops is the dumbest thing you can do. 1. You don’t get anything from them, they don’t drop guns or anything so you’re risking multiple hours in DOC and thousands of dollars in losses of equipment and fines for no reason really. 2. It fucks your gang for the future, if yku shoot at cops you’re 1000% getting suppressed and being a member of Royals before where we got suppressed constantly, it’s not fun. 

We shouldn’t be focusing on adding more reasons to shoot cops, there’s way bigger issues on the server that need to be addressed. 

valid no bs this time, ❤️

It would be great to have this implemented if the server health would be great.

Problem with this suggestion is that PD would become a way for farm weapons, ruining illegal market and such.

Evading a cop = My gang now will have even more reasons to have an ambush.

Lets not look for realism when it's a game, people do not try to kill  cops in real life for guns because it will lead them to being killed or life in prison. There's only one life and one sentence to life from ever seeing day light again.

Maybe a small % of weapon being dropped would be a suggestion but that would make no sense lol - also charges for having PD weapon should be over the roof then.

Edited by PufferBulletin

i don’t get why we keep getting threads like these made almost once a month at this point. It circles around every month to “cops need to drop their stuff” and people trying to make excuses for more reasons to PVP. 

I’ve been balancing time between LEO and Criminal factions for almost a year now and can confidently say, there is not a single point to shooting cops except in very very rare situations. These situations are so niche they happen very little and it should stay this way. There is literally zero benefit to shooting cops and only brings negatives. 

For example, let’s look at one of the criminal factions now, The Shadows, they shot at cops & the governor and now look what’s happening to them. Did they get anything out of shooting at them, I gurantee not, but they’re losing a whole bunch of shit now.

Looking back more at 2 other factions, Gentry Lane Royals which I was a part of, shot at cops numerous times and wiped them and had massive gun fights with cops. The effect the following days were horrendous and we got mass suppressed by PD & SD making the game almost unplayable. I’m not complaining about it but it was the IC response to our IC actions.

Finally Division 6, they were shooting cops and getting into massive shootouts daily with LEO, they got mass suppressed by PD and SD and well they might’ve still be successful while getting suppressed, they were getting targeted by the entirety of the LEO factions, what did they get out of shooting cops, nothing, they saved themselves some jail time a few times but all they did was lose money shooting bullets at cops for no reason.

Kinda yapped for a little there but the point is shooting cops should not be an initial option, it should be the last option. Someone’s evading in a car with heavies, do a bike drop or try to block with a hauler or something. If the bike drop doesn’t work try taking their guns from them as they drive by. There are numerous things you should try before it comes to shooting cops. If cops guns are able to be taken the checklist will immediately be, let’s just smoke the cops, we’ll save our friend and get a bunch of heavies. It’s not a health mentality for the server.

Additionally, adding something like this in would demotivate a lot of LEO players. Generally speaking, people who play LEO characters are more rpers, they don’t play 4:3, don’t have a custom crosshair, they play more laid back having fun compared to crims who are a little more focused on shooting. Some leo’s will get demotivated constantly having to fight for their lives and guns when it doesn’t make a ton of sense.

IMO we need to stop making these threads, it’ll never get added as there’s too many negatives and zero to no positives to it. 

Yap session over.

• YAY 1

Major -1

I feel sometimes some of you really can't see the glass half full, if it's not the prison time, it's the loot.
It's not cops and robbers. Police shouldn't be your main enemy, and if when you injure a cop your first thought is the loot and not bolt the fuck away, the problem is you, not them.