Soupiestfork

Better Pay for Faction Jobs

I know this has probably been tossed around a lot but we really need to do something to encourage people to do anything besides cops/crims.

As it stands even the owner of a place like LSC or Bayview, etc doesn't make as much as someone who fishes or collects garbage for the same amount of time - and all of them make considerably less than criminals do cooking drugs or chopping cars - and on top of that a criminal can even make money in prison.

We need to incentivize people to stay at faction jobs, otherwise we'll keep getting situations where people can't find mechanics, etc.

• Upvote 1

I think there needs to be a change in faction payouts, not necessarily just with a raise as to faction salary but as to incentivise people to partake in RP scenarios. As it currently stands, at the top ranks you'll be earning $8,000 p/h which, if you've made it up to a position like this you're more then likely in the 35% tax bracket, equates to $5,200 after tax meaning the individuals at the top of these factions are earning the same or less as the newest employees which can be a huge demotivator as the additional hard work that these individuals put in, does not benefit them financially. Furthermore, people in LSC/Bayview/DCC earn the same amount of money no matter whether they are involved with the most customers, or tabbed out avoiding RP. I think there are definitely IC solutions to this and Bayview have been discussing some ideas as to motivate people to get involved more but there is always a flaw with any idea due to a script limitation or the potentiality for people to exploit the systems we have discussed.  +1 to an increase in faction salary

4 hours ago, DontSniffSugar said:

I agree. The absolute most you can make in an hour on salary is $8,000. While I do understand the argument that it could be passive and guarantee'd income, most criminals that "grind" have made upwards of 20-30k an hour.

Yeah (to your statement about it being passive and guaranteed income) as for the “20-30k a crim can make an hour” they could lose 30-100k or even 6 digits In minutes as well given the risk factor of being robbed or arrested… or go on a “lose spree” loosing most their money in a day (for the new criminals)

so maybe instead of suggesting a raise in the per hour salary, having salary bonuses scripted according to work / rp done, for example (mechanics per car fixed, taxis per ride) would be more balanced ?

2 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

Yeah (to your statement about it being passive and guaranteed income) as for the “20-30k a crim can make an hour” they could lose 30-100k or even 6 digits In minutes as well given the risk factor of being robbed or arrested… or go on a “lose spree” loosing most their money in a day (for the new criminals)

so maybe instead of suggesting a raise in the per hour salary, having salary bonuses scripted according to work / rp done, for example (mechanics per car fixed, taxis per ride) would be more balanced ?

I did completely forget to mention criminals can also lose their money if they aren't careful. I do agree it would be nice for salary bonuses to be added for the work done, however I personally believe this could go further if it were to be requested in character.

• Upvote 1

Majority of faction jobs atm start pay at $6,000. I feel as if max pay was increased to $10,000 an hour you'd be able to stretch out the pay increase per rank and then each rank up would feel more significant.
DOC for example is exactly $200 pay increase per rank so unless you work 100 hours a week then the extra money between $6,000 and $6,200 is very insignificant.

On the flip side, most faction jobs don't require you to do anything to get that money where jobs like garbage, tolls and fishing require you to actively do something. You could clock on during a dead shift and do literally nothing for an hour and earn $6,000. MD does this well with their $500 per person dropped through the medical drop off as they get money for actively doing something. On the DOC suggestions thread I proposed this idea as well for every 10-15 you /prison you get paid. Getting money per /mechservice, taxi call completion and ad made would definitely go a long way to promote activity within factions.

Edit:
Just saw this!

16 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

+1 this over a straight up pay increase.

+1 i feel like this should totally be a thing because crims can make a killing in doc i talked to someone who made upward of 100k just by working in doc doing trash and stuff. but this would also benefit the ex crims who no longer want to be in that life. it would give them a chance to still make near the same amount of money. as sd and pd should be paid more then normal gov jobs in my eyes due to it being strict to get into.. also dealing with reports icly and out. i feel like the more effort put in should get better pay. like for mechanic's the shop would get the value for the repair while the person who installs the mods or fix's the car get's the Labor price witch is quite fair to me but they dont. for taxi. i feel like they should get around 10 to 20 percent on the ride fare for the entire trip. but either way i 100% support this pay increase an i think its well needed. and when it comes to mechanics getting paid for there own rp labor. it would solve the pay increase. for them as you would be collecting labor so keep there pay the same but make there actual income based off there service to people who come in 😄

So yea this has been proposed before, I think the last time was the previous period LSC had trouble filling shifts.

Even though my main character (and all his coworkers, please dont hate me) would benifit greatly from a raised income, I'm gonna have to redpill this.

1. Adding more money to the economy WILL make everything more expensive, this is basic economics, people are complaining today that a burger is 500bucks and a 1g is 250k, giving people more money will make all the prices go up. Just like it does irl. Instead of adding more, maybe nerf some stuff.

2. If your arguement is that crims n stuff make more, thats fair, they can also loose it just as fast, crim is high risk high reward. the majority of the crim players are not rich imo.

3. Freelance jobs make more, yea but who wants to be a roadworker for the rest of their life, I think freelance jobs earn more because its usualy for newer players to get on their feet faster and then when they get tired of that they can find a whitelist job for some more in depth roleplay.

4. I saw the tax bracket get brought up and that people in high ranks dont actualy earn that mush because of it, its true but usualy people in those positions aren't there for the money anymore, they just wanna keep the company going and have fun with their factionmembers.

5. you could add comission based bonusses but this would be unfair towards players on more dead timezones / players with administrative tasks, it will make players fight for work and will also make some players drop their roleplay standarts in trade for quicker payments.

I think this is being braught up again because some companies have issues filling up shifts, I don't think the issue is pay. If I focus on the mechanic companies for a sec, LSC has been having a hard time in waves for a wile but before that it was the other way around with Bayview. Why does bayview have more workers now? because its more fun, why?

1. There are just more people working at bayview at the moment, people flock, increased employee numbers means more security and more fun.

2. Because LSC has less workers, they can't provide the best service and this makes some players lash out against LSC workers, this in turn makes LSC workers leave. This even continues ooc on the forum or on discord which makes players less interested in joining that faction.

To make it clear, I would love more money for my characters an their friends but I don't think it will fix the employment issues. Is there room for balancing payouts, yes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Solar said:

So yea this has been proposed before, I think the last time was the previous period LSC had trouble filling shifts.

Even though my main character (and all his coworkers, please dont hate me) would benifit greatly from a raised income, I'm gonna have to redpill this.

1. Adding more money to the economy WILL make everything more expensive, this is basic economics, people are complaining today that a burger is 500bucks and a 1g is 250k, giving people more money will make all the prices go up. Just like it does irl. Instead of adding more, maybe nerf some stuff.

2. If your arguement is that crims n stuff make more, thats fair, they can also loose it just as fast, crim is high risk high reward. the majority of the crim players are not rich imo.

3. Freelance jobs make more, yea but who wants to be a roadworker for the rest of their life, I think freelance jobs earn more because its usualy for newer players to get on their feet faster and then when they get tired of that they can find a whitelist job for some more in depth roleplay.

4. I saw the tax bracket get brought up and that people in high ranks dont actualy earn that mush because of it, its true but usualy people in those positions aren't there for the money anymore, they just wanna keep the company going and have fun with their factionmembers.

5. you could add comission based bonusses but this would be unfair towards players on more dead timezones / players with administrative tasks, it will make players fight for work and will also make some players drop their roleplay standarts in trade for quicker payments.

I think this is being braught up again because some companies have issues filling up shifts, I don't think the issue is pay. If I focus on the mechanic companies for a sec, LSC has been having a hard time in waves for a wile but before that it was the other way around with Bayview. Why does bayview have more workers now? because its more fun, why?

1. There are just more people working at bayview at the moment, people flock, increased employee numbers means more security and more fun.

2. Because LSC has less workers, they can't provide the best service and this makes some players lash out against LSC workers, this in turn makes LSC workers leave. This even continues ooc on the forum or on discord which makes players less interested in joining that faction.

To make it clear, I would love more money for my characters an their friends but I don't think it will fix the employment issues. Is there room for balancing payouts, yes.

All my homies like bayview

LSC fell off after the mask off show me id 

• YAY 1

10 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

LSC fell off after the mask off show me id 

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this was always a thing, LSC asks for your ID and Bayview doesn't, its just a difference between city and paleto companies. They have a blacklist and they cant enforce it if people don't show their id.

Just now, Tom Solar said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this was always a thing, LSC asks for your ID and Bayview doesn't, its just a difference between city and paleto companies. They have a blacklist and they cant enforce it if people don't show their id.

it’s IC anyways but I was just giving my 2 cents

also it wasn’t always the case up until a few years ago and LSC was booming

7 hours ago, Tom Solar said:

1. This is factually untrue. The same argument is made against raising minimum wages IRL and it's a myth. Raising wages does not generally increase cost of living. In countries where the minimum wage is greater than double that of the United States, the cost of a Big Mac, for example, remains almost unchanged. Considering you're talking about basic economics, consider looking up the Big Mac Index.

2. It's also more exciting - this isn't really a disincentive as far as I can tell.

3. That's... just not a great argument, I don't know what you're trying to say. It doesn't make sense that a roadworker can make more than a lawyer or doctor or cop.

4. I don't really care about the tax one way or another.

5. I... sincerely doubt that. If anything it'd raise the general quality of RP if that was to become a factor.

24 minutes ago, Erin Faustin said:

1. This is factually untrue. The same argument is made against raising minimum wages IRL and it's a myth. Raising wages does not generally increase cost of living. In countries where the minimum wage is greater than double that of the United States, the cost of a Big Mac, for example, remains almost unchanged. Considering you're talking about basic economics, consider looking up the Big Mac Index.

Prices absolutely go up when you raise minimum wage. The company has fixed overhead cost to running the business, and if their cost of running the business is required to go up by paying its employees more, than to maintain profits and stay in business, the money to compensate has to come from somewhere, and with many other overhead costs already fixed to some degree, the only place to compensate is with price to the customer. Not only do prices for the end distributor rise due to higher employee costs, but the suppliers cost also goes up due to their cost increase. So likely, the supplier ends up raising prices to maintain margins to distributor, and the distributor has to raises prices to maintain their margins/profits. Basic economics and business. 

Without getting into a drawn out economy debate, my opinion is simple: there should be more bonuses for doing your faction job.

ex. mechanics should be paid a small bonus for each vehicle they fix, taxi drivers a small bonus for each fare they take and so on.

This should alleviate any concerns about farming money since it requires active participation.

7 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Without getting into a drawn out economy debate, my opinion is simple: there should be more bonuses for doing your faction job.

ex. mechanics should be paid a small bonus for each vehicle they fix, taxi drivers a small bonus for each fare they take and so on.

This should alleviate any concerns about farming money since it requires active participation.

+1 as I have initially suggested.

It’ll reward those employees for “grinding” within their job and incentivize them to not just sit and try avoiding work to farm money.

if player x did 50 taxi rides in one day he should be paid more than player y who’s parked chatting in legion square letting everyone else take the calls.

43 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Prices absolutely go up when you raise minimum wage. The company has fixed overhead cost to running the business, and if their cost of running the business is required to go up by paying its employees more, than to maintain profits and stay in business, the money to compensate has to come from somewhere, and with many other overhead costs already fixed to some degree, the only place to compensate is with price to the customer. Not only do prices for the end distributor rise due to higher employee costs, but the suppliers cost also goes up due to their cost increase. So likely, the supplier ends up raising prices to maintain margins to distributor, and the distributor has to raises prices to maintain their margins/profits. Basic economics and business. 

A wealth of economic information proves you're wrong. Most costs are drawn by investors and executives as well as regional regulations, not regular labour. Source: My economics degree.

Edited by Erin Faustin

8 minutes ago, Erin Faustin said:

A wealth of economic information proves you're wrong. Most costs are drawn by investors and executives as well as regional regulations, not regular labour. Source: My economics degree.

guys this is a gta server where money is just spawned by the script , the economy of the server while on a very surface level may have relation to real world economics but it’s not the case 

Just now, CalvinKlein said:

guys this is a gta server where money is just spawned by the script , the economy of the server while on a very surface level may have relation to real world economics but it’s not the case 

True. It's sidetracking the actual argument, which is we need to incentivize faction jobs.

Only ways to do that are by increasing base pay, or/and performance bonuses, or/and RP bonuses. So we should do this or these.

13 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

+1 as I have initially suggested.

It’ll reward those employees for “grinding” within their job and incentivize them to not just sit and try avoiding work to farm money.

if player x did 50 taxi rides in one day he should be paid more than player y who’s parked chatting in legion square letting everyone else take the calls.

+1

23 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

So its a +1 from me but i'd like to elaborate on the entire "paid for work done" idea.

Back in ye olden days when i was around and dinosaurs roamed the earth, Mechanics used to get the part labor added to their paychecks, instead of going straight to the faction. This allowed mechanics who were very active to make alot of money. Lets say i repair 10 cars an hour, 500 labor per car. thats an easy 5000 grand extra ontop of the base pay of whatever rank i am (for ez math lets say its 5k base) so i earned 10k. If i sat around, i would only make 5k an hour, but if i worked my butt off and did 20 cars, id be making 15k an hour. I liked that old system because it gave mechanics an incentive to get on and roleplay instead of either idling around or doing other work. i often find myself making way more money hunting by myself with 0 interaction then i do working my behind off with a 17 car line at LSC.

Now that being said, thats only mechanics and the system could be adapted for MD, DCC, and Weazel too. The issue comes with pay for LSPD/LSSD, but for those two factions who put their "Lives" on the line, they deserve more then what they get.

Long story short:
Bayview/LSC/DCC/Weazel: Should go back to getting Labor added to their pay, but have the initial "Cost" (Parts for example) go to the company so they dont die.

LSEMS: I believe they get a reward for every person saved, but their pay could be a bit higher too.

LSPD/LSSD: Should get their base pay increased by probably 50% or so to compete.

As stated above, The other "Cost" for invoices should go to the company instead of just disappearing into the void. That way, the companies still make money to survive and pay their employees, but the employee also gets benefits for taking the initiative and being hard at work.

You increase the pay for all the factions and it makes the bonuses for LSC and Bayview mean nothing. @SuBDivisions23 Not to mention the fact that inflation is already bad. Doing that would be an invitation to ruin the economy even further.

They could /time after each car serviced, take screenshots and submit them to payroll department for bonuses. That's my solution. We shouldn't be the ones fixing this.

Edited by TheCactus

1 hour ago, TheCactus said:

You increase the pay for all the factions and it makes the bonuses for LSC and Bayview mean nothing. @SuBDivisions23 Not to mention the fact that inflation is already bad. Doing that would be an invitation to ruin the economy even further.

They could /time after each car serviced, take screenshots and submit them to payroll department for bonuses. That's my solution. We shouldn't be the ones fixing this.

I mean...to be honest here government jobs really do need Something. having them submit screenshots to Hr would not only stress the heck out of the mechanics and severely burden HR to a standstill (Imagine doing 50 cars in 2 hours)

The simply fact a government employee gets paid over 50% less then more freelance jobs, and has alot more restrictions and training required is a bit nuts. Why should a mechanic work 1 hour for 6000, when he can go hunting for an hour and make 15k?

it makes sense for the criminal side to make more (Drugs and guns) but the economy is heavily against working at gov jobs. Why should anybody work at LSC for example when they can just do Road worker and make even more for 75% less effort and no risk of being fired?

Also, I dont understand what you mean by "Makes bonuses for LSC/Bayview mean nothing" Because....It would still be a bonus? a 50k Bonus is a free 50k regardless of how much you get paid is it not? its an Additional 50k added ontop, i dont see how the company giving you Extra money would mean nothing, especially in todays market.

What i also think you might've failed to realize is the "increased pay" comes at demanding effort. For Mechanics to make more, they HAVE to go and service cars, they cant just sit around and salary farm. For DCC they MUST take cab rides to get the extra money to their pay, and Weazel must make ads for people for a bonus. the only "Flat out" pay raise is LSPD/LSSD and LSEMS for being the 2 hardest government jobs period. They Deserve to be paid accordingly.

Edited by SuBDivisions23
  • YAY 1