Soupiestfork

Better Pay for Faction Jobs

Just now, GR_Seb said:

Now here's a solution. PASSIVE FUNDS.  Have people apply to request a monthly income boost strictly for their LEGAL roleplay plan. This way we will have fewer people caring about money and more people caring about roleplaying.

Yeah, I need passive funds as well as a criminal so I can stop grinding and focus on my ilLEGAL roleplay plans.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Oli said:

Yeah, I need passive funds as well as a criminal so I can stop grinding and focus on my ilLEGAL roleplay plans.

actually made a suggestion for that. it would be extremely tiny and extremely regulated for it to work.

let people who have established alt characters that need the monetary support, or people who have proven that they can make good RP alt characters apply for a single stimulus payment upon starting their character to get the very basics started ($50k-$100k for a car, even that might be too much of a stretch) or have a system that if your character drops below $10,000 in its bank account, (hell, even $5k, whatever works) you get a larger gov payment till you're above the threshold. 

I have a character i would love to have access to a stimulus to assist me in being able to consistently RP on him, that within his RP, is unable to get a job or grind for money. he's an old homeless drunk guy that constantly goes to jail/prison for drunk driving. thats it. thats the RP, and everyone who's interacted with him enjoys the experience, but having to grind out some job for 2-3 hours every time i do anything on him is annoying to be able to functionally RP on the character again. 

but no, i had to spend like 20 hours grinding some freelance job that has absolutely nothing to do with my character to get the startup cash to make the character, so i can afford buying two old rusty pedo vans, and being able to afford a few spare hobo shelters, so im not limited by random shitty new players stealing a hobo hut from me, or the dumb 24 hour license suspension for every single crime in the server.

its not a bad idea to have some sort of stimulus system people can apply for, it just needs to be heavily regulated to make sure its not being abused.

Edited by Demonmit1

+1 for a pay bump although this does feel like a temporary solution as mentioned the prices will just rise.

-1 for "RP bonuses" (money per car serviced or taxi call taken) This would cause competition within the legal companies and would no doubt lead to people cutting corners (Rushed RP, Not following faction protocols)

-1 for any type of "Stimulus check" at the end of the day this would require so much work from staff not to mention there's no objective way to decide who's RP is "good enough" to get paid for it.  If you're RPing as a drunk who doesn't work then being forced to work freelance jobs on occasion or beg for money is just part of the RP with the character...  and if it's an ALT then there is already a transfer system in place that can be used. 

On 12/30/2023 at 10:37 AM, jacobedwardd said:

+1 for a pay bump although this does feel like a temporary solution as mentioned the prices will just rise.

-1 for "RP bonuses" (money per car serviced or taxi call taken) This would cause competition within the legal companies and would no doubt lead to people cutting corners (Rushed RP, Not following faction protocols)

-1 for any type of "Stimulus check" at the end of the day this would require so much work from staff not to mention there's no objective way to decide who's RP is "good enough" to get paid for it.  If you're RPing as a drunk who doesn't work then being forced to work freelance jobs on occasion or beg for money is just part of the RP with the character...  and if it's an ALT then there is already a transfer system in place that can be used. 

I agree with your reasoning for bonuses not being applied but this happens at burgershot consistently. Whoever completes the orders gets a nice automatic tip and it’s not that big of a problem. People are pretty understanding and I have not run into an issue with people being greedy. At the end of the day If the person is not following protocol they will be removed from the faction. 

With what you said in mind I think that the player who is being serviced should receive the option to tip. In the chat you could get a message saying you were just serviced by a mechanic would like to tip? /tipaccept or something and it would be a variable rate to the work you had done. Same works for weasel and other LEO factions. 

I really like your suggestion about adding tipping options for services rendered. It adds a nice layer of realism and could be a great way to reward players for their efforts without upsetting the overall economy.
At the end of the day, finding the right balance between rewarding players for their efforts and maintaining a fair and enjoyable gameplay experience is key. Keep brainstorming and discussing ideas with your community – you never know what creative solutions might emerge!
In case you're still hunting for this info, I have a suggestion. If you want to make some extra cash, it's worth checking out apps that pay you. They offer various tasks or surveys you can complete to earn extra money, which could be a fun way to supplement your income while playing games.

Edited by RaiseAgainst