alexalex303

Making speakers harder to steal

From mechanics to gang members, a lot of organized groups on the server have at one point used a speaker to play some music during down-time, and most of them have likely had it stolen with little to no roleplay because of it's relatively high value and extreme ease of picking up.

I think we can all agree it would be way harder to steal a speaker from a group of people realistically, but besides the realism, this change is proposed in the spirit of making the game more fun, and increase social RP.

I propose that in order to pick up a speaker put down by someone else, you will need to have a crowbar in your hands, and you will need to wait 15 to 30s in an animation (can be the same animation as ATM robbery).

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Payn said:

gonna be real though if youre stupid enough to stand at LSC and just leave your speaker out its bound to get stolen. if you reduce price tho this less likely to happen.

How dare people listen to some music and roleplay with each other? I MUST ROB THEM!!!!!!

Edited by Victor Einhart

6 hours ago, Payn said:

gonna be real though if youre stupid enough to stand at LSC and just leave your speaker out its bound to get stolen. if you reduce price tho this less likely to happen.

world's most subtle speaker thief

+1, very epic. no need for the crowbar and all that though, just lock them in the trunk search animation

+1 i would suggest that it would be just a little minigame with 4-5 props instead of 10 like how you pick up a car jack instead of needing a crowbar to pick up a speaker since if your the owner and you placed down your own speaker and you dont have a crowbar on you it would kind of become an awkward moment...

On 4/6/2023 at 12:42 PM, TheCactus said:

I believe an animation with a 5-10s timer would be enough to allow people to react

On 4/6/2023 at 4:33 PM, alexalex303 said:

I think the crowbar turns it from a crime of opportunity to a crime that you need to prepare for, as not many people go around with a crowbar.

I think it should have a action timer such as picking up a carjack. make it play a audio able sound as that speaker is BIG. you'd need to put in some force in to picking that up.