IAmTurtle

Make house robberies harder

This might just be because of how new they are but in the past hour alone we have had about 10+ house robberies and have had 0 suspects found the entire time. Each time coming to a completely empty house. So either limit the amount of robberies possible on the amount of cops on line or the difficulty based on the number of cops.

• NAY 9
  • dead 2

-1 It takes time to do it carefully and its quite hard especialy the drilling where you baisicily wait 15 minutes just to drill one safe seems like police  again is crying this shoulndt be an issue its good as it is and the pay sometimes varies it aint a gold mine . For me seems like police is trowing in the towel as they cant do anything about it but realisitcly if you dont fuck up its gona be a cold case it shouldnt be harder as it is if 2 people do it they need to be in sync doing it . Let allone all the other criminals that may rob you or sabatage you so this is a big -1 for the whole making it harder.

• Like 2

-1 When doing the highest contract house robbery to start it costs 20k, if you don't have a drill that is 10k extra, 30k total investment, you can get around 60-70k if you manage to take everything and get lucky, so -30k lets say you get 30k profit, if you split that on 3 people or how many you was doing it, that's barely any profit, and if it was harder and it was a 50/50 chance of PD getting onto you it would be horrible and nobody would bother doing it. The house robberies are very enjoyable, I have been playing as a crim since 2018 and this is one of the most fun updates. I don't see a need to increase the difficulty, the robbery requires a lot of time to be completed, every safe has 10 minigames and you must wait for the noise meter to go down completely. Once criminals are having fun, and we have an activity that we can do with enjoyment, threads like this show up. I saw Bala once said something along the lines of " I am all up for improving the criminals life, without it coming at a cost of PD enjoyment of the game", so why would we have to suffer just so you can have more fun and constantly bust everyone ?
EDIT:
You also have to take into consideration that other criminals rob people at the contractor, or follow people to the locations of the robberies to rob them, or once they see cars outside a house and wait for people outside, there's many risks as it is, and if it were to be made harder from PDs side, I can guarantee that nobody would bother doing these robberies anymore, and it would be forgotten. Back in the day there would be 30 people at the mines, but once it got nerfed everyone forgot about them and now its a wasteland, lets not let that happen to this great update, that is actually fun.

Edited by Sandiego
More info
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

- 1 While playing on my PD character yesterday, we did get a good amount of calls for house robberies and yes for a good amount of them we found no one, but there were time when we did catch some people or saw people leaving giving us the  chance to pursue them. So it’s going to be all about how lucky you are when responding.

I also tried the robberies out on my criminal character and I can say it it pretty hard to do. We spent over 60k doing the job and we made nothing in return as we failed each time. And as mentioned by someone else, you need to use the drill which takes some time to do to open some things and if you don’t you really don’t make any money form the house.

I haven't tried them myself yet but I believe you should have more information about house robberies or even try them yourself before suggesting something about them. It's like suggesting a nerf for drug labs but you have never tried cooking.

You invest at least the price of the contract every time you try and that's not something you keep if you are successful. Other criminal activities also require investments but you keep the items if you succeed. I believe it's normal for other criminals to sabotage you since that's how it works for most of the criminal activities with money involved.

Let's at least try to research things we want to see nerfed and try them ourselves. Let the community try out the update, let the hype die down and then suggest changes if necessary instead of going for the "I cant catch anyone" ignorant approach.

• Like 7

I don't think not finding anyone has anything to do with any sort of lack of difficulty. I don't personally know just how easy or difficult it might be because it's not the side I play on, but it's a new feature so there's bound to be a larger number of incidents right now. With that in mind, if LEOs arrive at a house robbery and no one's there, I don't think it's fair to immediately assume the worst and say that it is because they're too easy and ask for it to be made more difficult. I imagine that players are still getting a hang of the system and that they're just getting out of the place when they know police might be coming. 

Even if they make it out with some stuff, good for them, they paid for the contract and potentially got their ROI. Give it time before immediately assuming a negative stance with a rather unfair conclusion.

TL;DR, empty house and no arrests does not mean it's too easy, you're assuming that they even made it out with anything to write home about to begin with. They made it out of the area in time, that's life.

• Like 5

Maybe they took your advice to be ''better criminals'' and that's why you can't catch anyone. ''Be a better cop next time.''

Bout the house robberies, it's not that profitable(there are way more other ways to make more money), I personally would not do them anymore unless I am extremely bored.

-1 to the suggestion, it makes no sense at all.

Edited by Barny
fix

I think at this point in time the robberies are fine. Obviously there are tweaks that can be done to optimize them. But to say they should be harder isn't the route to go. They are fairly difficult as they are. Last night we ran into several situation's where PD were notified about robberies and we caught several people from these calls. 

Like anything else its a learning curve for PD to adapt and strategize in order to catch someone. Some people will get away, some will get caught its the name of the game. LEO's have multiple resources at their disposal to combat these events. 

• Upvote 2

-1 . Police should not rely on script that much but rather do it in IC way ( i should not be telling how, but basically: ) - question people around, find evidence, CCTV recordings etc..

Yesterday it was really right for term "high risk - high reward", today, after some changes that I will mention tomorrows suggestion regarding house robberies, it is more like "high risk - negative profits" term.

+ there is absolutely no point in reducing amount of robberies one can do, we have to wait 24h before we can retry, given that the outcome of this job is comparable or even worse than legal jobs ( taking into consideration safety etc ) .... simply, no...

Do as you will, of course, but please do not frioteure this great addition that criminals can have. Let us have our piece of cake too, at least, for once!!!

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

big -1. 

If the problem is that PD/SD get calls to 'clear' a house that was hit completely clean - then I think a system for the crims to have an option to 'finish' a house being robbed should be implemented.

When a house is fully cleaned out by the person/people with the contract - they should have a UI option on the inside of the house to "finish robbery" alongside the exit house option.  When this option is chosen, it would make all remaining players in the instance exit the house, despawn the dimension and clear the contract from the system/gps.

In terms of making them more difficult, -1 but I just think sifting through the feedback both for the robbers and the cops responding probably makes it more interesting.
Stuff like getting an extra thing to swipe randomly or adding investigative elements to the robbery would help flesh it out more.

On the cop side of things, I think it's great. Regular calls coming in, you've got something extra to do, you're playing cat and mouse with the crims.

In terms of difficulty, I don't think it needs to be made more difficult. Just maybe from the cop side of things, we could take prints from stuff left behind if it's been touched or maybe we could question the NPC to see how long ago the robbers left, shit like that. At least if we get there and people have ghosted, then we've got some roleplay details to work with after that.

• Upvote 2