Taedolf

Prison breaks/takeovers requiring admin approval

Title.

With the removal of the NCZ, which I agree with, I feel we should have a rule requiring admin approval for prison breaks.

Similar to domestic terrorism, one would rarely if ever see a gang assault a prison. We've had a few situations already in the brief duration after the NCZ being lifted, and I doubt it will be slowing down.

Requiring admin approval for these situations in special cases, role played out properly, would be much better.

Note this would not include ambushing a convoy en route to the prison, as that is perfectly okay. This would include violent means of assaulting the prison exterior or interior with the intent to either take it over for whatever reason or free an inmate or criminal on the property.

Edited by Taedolf
  • Like 2

+1
People already consider /handsup robberies for roleplay, if we allow everyone to attack the prison without admin approval, people will just use the same bad excuses " my friend is in jail / I dont like cops / somebody said something / im bored and cant roleplay " to attack the prison.
Attacking the prison without any prior roleplay actions ( Planning phase etc ) and without admin approval, should honestly just result in an admin punishment ( Jail, not ban tho )

SADOC HC here....

We're okay with raids, as long as you cannot RP death if you die during a prison raid.  There should also be a "requirement" to raid, such as prison sentence time left.  The best way to deal with people who wish to attack the prison wthout a RP reason is to arrest them after they fail and throw them in for 2 hours.

(source; the 5 people that died in our parking lot after failing to bust their buddy out of a convoy and spammed OOC chat that they "RPly died and cannot be arrested")

Edited by Resfiel420

2 minutes ago, Resfiel420 said:

SADOC HC here....

We're okay with raids, as long as you cannot RP death if you die during a prison raid.  There should also be a "requirement" to raid, such as prison sentence time left.  The best way to deal with people who wish to attack the prison wthout a RP reason is to arrest them after they fail and throw them in for 2 hours.

RP death doesn't exist in the server rules, so making a rule forbidding it would be kind of odd.  Nobody is entitled to RP death because of a number of weird things which we won't get into here.

I do have to ask why SADOC is okay with raids without any RP gone into them, considering how nonsensical it is to see a street gang raid a maximum security state penitentiary.

35 minutes ago, Resfiel420 said:

SADOC HC here....

(source; the 5 people that died in our parking lot after failing to bust their buddy out of a convoy and spammed OOC chat that they "RPly died and cannot be arrested")

Absolute shit show that. They came and then wanted to death rp. I'll be posting a report up later about that situation. Genuinely sick of shit rp. You realistically wouldn't send 10 guys to break out 1 guy at a really highly protected area.

They still failed to show me any evidence of not metagaming and deathmatching. 

I also think Bailingbroke should have requirements as it's so unrealistic as it'd be so heavily guarded at all times. 

Edited by Denni

1 hour ago, Taedolf said:

RP death doesn't exist in the server rules, so making a rule forbidding it would be kind of odd.  Nobody is entitled to RP death because of a number of weird things which we won't get into here.

I do have to ask why SADOC is okay with raids without any RP gone into them, considering how nonsensical it is to see a street gang raid a maximum security state penitentiary.

I believe that IC stupiidy should be handled ICly, if someone wishes to raid a prison.. they deal with the consequences.  Body armor & heavy grade firearms will outclass the majority of criminals that attempt to "raid" it, plus not to mention LSPD would show up shortly after if SADOC were to lose.  As of right now, the inside of the prison is a NCZ.  The outside, however, can be attacked if we were to say LSPD was doing a transport to the prison.

It's sorta in our job description to defend the prison, I dislike the "invisible soldiers" mentality.  I do agree with the fact that we should have guidelines.

RP death is tolerated to a certain degree, it's a "get out of jail free card" for criminals when police decide when it can be used.  It does exist, it doesn't actually character kill the character though.. which is why I am confused on why they allow it and call it "death."

Edited by Resfiel420

4 minutes ago, Resfiel420 said:

I believe that IC stupiidy should be handled ICly, if someone wishes to raid a prison.. they deal with the consequences.  Body armor & heavy grade firearms will outclass the majority of criminals that attempt to "raid" it, plus not to mention LSPD would show up shortly after if SADOC were to lose.  As of right now, the inside of the prison is a NCZ.  The outside, however, can be attacked if we were to say LSPD was doing a transport to the prison.

It's sorta in our job description to defend the prison, I dislike the "invisible soldiers" mentality.  I do agree with the fact that we should have guidelines.

RP death is tolerated to a certain degree, it's a "get out of jail free card" for criminals when police decide when it can be used.  It does exist, it doesn't actually character kill the character though.. which is why I am confused on why they allow it and call it "death."

It's funny. I had a guy ask to death rp because he was streaming... Because he didn't want to sit in jail. 

Agreed - People don't just go ramboing prisons..even in shithole countries.

Not realistic at all.

Prison riots are very realistic. Prisoners finding crafty ways to escape is also realistic, but raiding prisons is not.

I don't even think admin approval should allow prison raids because its just too unrealistic, should just be banned full stop.

12 hours ago, verydoge12 said:

We already had a prison break situation and it was fun +1

As he said we had a prison break but there was problem!
1-for each prison break admin need to be there, reason why because people in jail cannot keep distance from prison and they will tped back.

2-another problem about situation people gonna have in prison break!
my idea, developers need to do something for teleportation first then about rules I think it's better, prison break requirement of 10 or 12 people to allowed prisoner to do it like hostage or kidnapping, kidnappers need to be 5 then they can kidnap someone so i guess give require number would be perfect.

Edited by Quiet
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Quiet said:

As he said we had a prison break but there was problem!
1-for each prison break admin need to be there, reason why because people in jail cannot keep distance from prison and they will tped back.

2-another problem about situation people gonna have in prison break!
my idea, developers need to do something for teleportation first then about rules I think it's better, prison break requirement of 10 or 12 people to allowed prisoner to do it like hostage or kidnapping, kidnappers need to be 5 then they can kidnap someone so i guess give require number would be perfect.

I definitely think the teleport back to prison thing needs to be removed.

DOC should be able to bring up a list of prisoners online and be expected to keep a check on each single prisoner. This gives prisoners an opportunity to roleplay escape.

If a prisoner dies (NLR) then it makes sense they should respawn in the prison hospital.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.