gohena

Removable license plates

I feel vehicle license plates should be able to be RPLY removed as well with a command that makes it so your plate comes off. in real life when commited a major crime most people either use a fake stolen plate or none at all, it does not make sense people are dum enough to leave their real license plates on the vehicle they are committing a crime with, this also means even if you get away from police or evade them you will still be charged with a crime regardless to your vehicles license plate. What do you guys think? I there should be a command that let's us remove our plates after we rp taking it off.

7 minutes ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

-1 get a scrapyard vehicle.

the issue i see i am a police officer, most people who usually felony evade end up getting a charge because of there plates, scrap yard vehicles won't be able to out run police haha, also this ruins any hope of ever having a street scene/illegal racing on the server because back in the day cops would literally just scan plates and place charges when there would be a few street racing crews that would host meets 

Edited by gohena

We have internal rules regarding charging people based on their license plate.

In Eclipse, since so many people drive stolen vehicles, we are ONLY allowed to charge people we can CONFIRM are the registered owner of the vehicle. If we can't confirm that, we do not set charges on the plate but rather create a BOLO (Be on the look out) explaining the details of the wanted vehicle for officers to know to attempt to stop them if caught.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Roberto_Sanchez said:

We have internal rules regarding charging people based on their license plate.

In Eclipse, since so many people drive stolen vehicles, we are ONLY allowed to charge people we can CONFIRM are the registered owner of the vehicle. If we can't confirm that, we do not set charges on the plate but rather create a BOLO (Be on the look out) explaining the details of the wanted vehicle for officers to know to attempt to stop them if caught.

Dam you shoulda of been here back in the day lmao, cops wouldnt even chase us when we street raced they would just scan plates and put the charges i did not know they incorporated this, i think this was one of the main reasons why the street racing community did not fully take off, people would be afraid because each time they raced it was insta charged on them.

Edited by gohena

7 hours ago, gohena said:

the issue i see i am a police officer, most people who usually felony evade end up getting a charge because of there plates, scrap yard vehicles won't be able to out run police haha, also this ruins any hope of ever having a street scene/illegal racing on the server because back in the day cops would literally just scan plates and place charges when there would be a few street racing crews that would host meets 

As an officer... People using rental bikes get away if clever enough. 

Cops can't just place charges on a car without verifying the owner. As vehicles could be stolen etc. If you do this, ask your supervisor to retrain you. 

Sticking with my -1.

Edited by Denni

9 minutes ago, Denni said:

As an officer... People using rental bikes get away if clever enough. 

Cops can't just place charges on a car without verifying the owner. As vehicles could be stolen etc. If you do this, ask your supervisor to retrain you. 

Sticking with my -1.

if you read my post it says back in the day for charges being added to plates

2 minutes ago, gohena said:

this is not an argument just a suggestion stop treating it like an argument geez. you've already posted your -1 twice now.

I'm also just giving you information; nobody is arguing. Calm yourself. Doesn't mean I can't still comment... 

Edited by Denni

Whilst I am for the ability to remove number plates, it would be kinda shitty if every man and his dog routinely ran around with no plates on their car.

There would have to be some crimes created for driving with no plates.

1) Operating a vehicle without displaying a registration plate - $3500 ticket + 1 demerit

2) Operating a vehicle without displaying a registration plate whilst committing a felony - 30min $3500, drivers license suspension and vehicle impound

Honestly, not a fan.  Other than new players, nobody really cares about tickets because most are rich here.  We already don't charge via license plate unless you're confirmed the driver or it's something like reasonable suspicion.  IE: shotgun and drugs in your car that already had a warrant, lockpicked in and searched it.  Obviously not stolen and left there so the owner is responsible.

Considering how rich people are I don't think tickets would really discourage just driving without a license plate 24/7.  Possibly if it's a mandatory impound and hefty fine on top of the impound fee, though that just makes more impound work when we already have a ridiculous amount of it.

Neutral because I like the RP of it but also dislike how I'm thinking it would be put into practice.

On 12/25/2018 at 9:48 AM, Osvaldon said:

it's not a bad idea 😄

Maybe its not bad idea, but you know that 50% of the players, do crimes with not their own car? So whats the point? Ofcourse there's scrapyard cars, which are cheap, and good to sell after robbery back to scrapyard, so that police would not know, but if the police checked their computer, they will know exactly who owns that car, And btw i dont even think you can ran away from police with a scrapyard car 😄

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.