shiroq

50. Cal pistols should be made illegal or much more expensive

After having played in this server for about 5 months now, i have realised that 50. pistols are just too strong to be legal. Absolutely everyone carries one around and they are very powerful especially if the shooter is good they can be just as deadly and sometimes even more deadly than a heavy gun like SMG or AK. 

The fact that Mechanics are carrying these pistols also shows just how crazy common this weapon is in the server and it makese no sense for it to be so common. In my opinion this Pistol should be made illegal and only be imported through the official factions and sold on the streets. 

Which would add for a lot of RP as actual interaction to acquire such pistol would be required instead of just paying 2.5k at at any shop.
Also the heavy pistol should be made illegal too as it is just as powerful

Removing or making these pistols expensive would make players feel more vulnerable if they have a 9mm pistol or a combat pistol they would think twice before actually getting in a gun fight with someone.

The solution to this could be that these two pistols that are very powerful were made to cost somewhere around 12k to import and sell in shops for 15k  Which would make it a very rare weapon but if someone really needed one they could buy it. Or entirely removed from shops and made completely illegal

The import prices for criminals would be less so they could illegally trade this weapon for smaller prices than the shops but so that they could also make a profit.

In my opinion this would reduce the amount of random shootings happening and would also add much more RP interaction to the sever that would be based around buying pistols as this item is purchased daily hundreds of times.

Heavy and illegal weapons should be feared in the city when people are seen with them. But currently the reaction is "oh someone with AK lets go take that free AK" because the 50. cal pistols are so powerful and common so even if they lost the fight to the AK they wouldn't care as the potential gain was much more worth it than losing the pistols

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

+1 ONLY IF you switch out the .50 cal pistol for a pump shot gun. As they aren't that powerful at long range, and are legally able to be owned in the US by civilians.

its not about being realistic in this sense. But its more about balance. As of right now the balance is very unrealistic even if the items are realistic in US setting. Sometimes realism doesn't mean good balance in a game. This is more of a suggestion to reduce the amount of shootings and the amount of trigger happy people

+1, not sure if it should be import or not, but the ready availability at such a low is a bit confusing. Mechanics and PD should also not be running around with weapons like this as I don't think any first world PD officer would ever use a desert eagle as a service weapon, nor would mechanics be walking around with .50 cals holstered up. I understand that they have it for balance purposes, but perhaps tweaking the lower end pistols to be slightly better to simulate a more realistic service weapon / conceal carry would add a much more consistent level of realism / rp standard.

Edited by JayGamble
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, money said:

-1, if it was more expensive you only allow the few to dominate the rest like with AKs, Police etc.

I dont think you should replace skill based shooting with "anybody who puts in the money can dominate"

Dominate what? this isnt a free roam or cops and robbers. 100% criminals who have access to heavy guns and other stuff should have the advantage in those situations. This is completely unrealistic that 90% of the citizens carry 50. pistols. Criminals have absolutely 0 value of life and will rush ahead guns blazing into any situation because they have one of the most powerful weapons for 2.5k and 2.5k is nothing to lose to any player that has been playing for few weeks

17 minutes ago, shiroq said:

Dominate what? this isnt a free roam or cops and robbers. 100% criminals who have access to heavy guns and other stuff should have the advantage in those situations. This is completely unrealistic that 90% of the citizens carry 50. pistols. Criminals have absolutely 0 value of life and will rush ahead guns blazing into any situation because they have one of the most powerful weapons for 2.5k and 2.5k is nothing to lose to any player that has been playing for few weeks

Criminals have alot of valuef life actually, if you die you cant remember the person that killed you, that takes away future roleplay opportunity. 

They dont shoot just because they have a 50. cal as supposed to a normal gun. Ive never seen anyone say "I have a deagle i am so powerfull now".

I will predict what will happen

You raise price of deagle, now almost nobody buys it besides groups, because they can loot from eachother giving them 0 value of life because they never lose anything.

So you have a few groups or rich players able to kill everybody else.

Try walking around with a AK by yourself with no gang affiliation, you will get followed and killed for it

Edited by money

Hmm, actually rethinking. Your average citizen should be able to defend themselves though against a criminal in some way, they do the crime so they do the time, but a citizen should be able to defend themselves, your either a criminal, a government employee or a citizen, and the citizens seem to get the short end of the stick.

There already is a flaw to the .50, that it can be seen at your side, if someone wanted to get one they can see you own one and rob you. I actually think all large weapons shouldn't be concealable in the "I" menu at all and always viewed on your person, or you can stash it in your vehicle. Only realistic way to hide a large weapon would be to break it down. Breaking down and putting together would trigger /ame interactions.

-1, making more guns import, is just consolidating the power even more. People +1ing are just tired of getting pooped on.

@money Is right. 

This server is dieing because everything is being limited! 🙂 Went from 500 players almost daily to 100 players daily for a reason. 

Keep limiting, and by the time i'll be unbanned there wont even be a server lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xoza said:

Hmm, actually rethinking. Your average citizen should be able to defend themselves though against a criminal in some way, they do the crime so they do the time, but a citizen should be able to defend themselves, your either a criminal, a government employee or a citizen, and the citizens seem to get the short end of the stick.

There already is a flaw to the .50, that it can be seen at your side, if someone wanted to get one they can see you own one and rob you. I actually think all large weapons shouldn't be concealable in the "I" menu at all and always viewed on your person, or you can stash it in your vehicle. Only realistic way to hide a large weapon would be to break it down. Breaking down and putting together would trigger /ame interactions.

This suggestion would take away the power of random criminals and those who are in the server here to just dm. Anyone who is a criminal knows there is so much of those people around. This would give more power to the official factions which are heavily against  random robbings, and robbing of civilians. The people who rob civilians are those who buy 2.5k .50 's and go around shooting left and right 

Edited by shiroq
  • Like 1

Thank you for your suggestion. As some time has passed, this has already been implemented, or this suggestion is no longer relevant/viable, it has been moved to our archive. We appreciate you taking the time to post a suggestion thread and encourage more posts in the future.

Regards,
Dalvichan