XeV

TeamSpeak Needs To Be Available For All

YOU HAVE NO IDEA how many times I have heard "I needed a coughdrop this entire time" during HEATED situations weather its a shootout, evading, lookouts for stores or bank robberies. 

PD/SD/DOC/GOV all get to be able to use TeamSpeak to bypass this issue entirely and NEVER have a problem communicating comms with the multiple different channels and keybinds.

I want to have everyone be able to use TeamSpeak the same as others, ONLY for specific things, such as, Bank Robberies, Store Robberies, Shootout during or before, evading from police. to be able to bypass the /vr 1 issue that ALWAYS happens during the heat of these situations.

/vr 1 has RUINED so many experiences just by existing and not being able to tell when you need to do it.

• YAY 1

This is a step backwards, teamspeak is shit and we should get rid of it entirely, this isn't 2004. And I've said it before, TAC is not an advantage as people say it is, it's 99% people screaming over each other like monkeys.

That being said the logistics of this would be awful. People would be able to see what radio channels other people are in or there'd need to be new servers per group of people or something. It would be a nightmare. All of emergency services are on the same side and the teamspeak is moderated to an extent. Having teamspeak open to individual groups would increase complexity so much.

The real answer is to implement more fixes to /vr. Doing a /vr when you don't need one no longer screws you over so I'm not completely sure but I'm curious if the server can auto-vr people periodically. 

Another solution is to make TAC viable in game somehow. Both obviously require dev work, however. 

Overall I think this is a non-issue beside some obscure edge cases mentioned but my opinion is very limited in value here as I don't play LEO or criminal so take what I say with a grain of salt as more of an outsider personal opinion

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, La Ventana said:

Or just eliminate Teamspeak for SD/PD/DOC and make them use the IN game radio! make it fair.

Why should it be fair to have one radio frequency. Its a police department not a gang frequency. It makes sense to have TAC and especially JTAC to communicate with other agencies. Imagine if there is 2 pursuits ongoing at the same time. This just doesnt make any sense and is an ignorant comment.

56 minutes ago, Ash said:

TAC is not an advantage as people say it is, it's 99% people screaming over each other like monkeys.

Thats false as well. While there are some occasions were that happens when people speak over each other, they are usually giving important information on the situation. TAC is extremely useful.

Trying to justify using TS as a way to reduce the effect of /vr 1 is just trying to avoid the problem completely. The issue is the server VOIP at thats the thing that should be addressed, not trying to get TS for everyone in the server to use. The discussion should be titled "Fix VOIP, its been too long."

As someone that has used Teamspeak as part of PD for years, I can say that Teamspeak is an advantage over the current VOIP available to civilians or gang members, however, due to the structure of a police department vs a gang, it is not used willy-nilly (IC channels), they are used for very specific situations and for a limited amount of time, as it is needed.

As someone that is currently roleplaying criminal, I think our VOIP system (radio) could be improved drastically with script support, and if the improvements were big enough, there could be a case for LSPD switching to it as well, however, as it stands, it does make sense to me that the LSPD would have better communication compared to a gang, even if it's enforced through script limitations.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Destuin said:

Couldn't the PD and SD department just use radio binds? You just bind Jtac to bind 3 and then when somebody makes the call that your hopping to Jtac now you just press your radio 3 bind?

It would work that hyper-specific situation however it would not work for multiple situations happening simultaneously or for managing units. Teamspeak allows you to see who is in a channel so that if there's too many units at one situation, they can be diverted. In addition, following your example, what happens when the rest of the units that were not responding to Jtac get shot at? Do they switch six channels to call for backup from all units, or? If someone presses a panic, how do you know which channel to respond to? 

All of the law enforcement systems require a radio channel that is always open (the in-game one) and additional channels that supplement them. Using the in-game radio you are limited to listening and communicating in one channel only, which is not enough for such an organized force.

2 hours ago, Destuin said:

Couldn't the PD and SD department just use radio binds? You just bind Jtac to bind 3 and then when somebody makes the call that your hopping to Jtac now you just press your radio 3 bind?

We don't have a dispatch so that would not work, literally ever. (and implementing one would be completely unsustainable).

The only way this works is if we somehow have 2 radios, one with the main frequency and the rest with all of our tacs, there are days where we have 4 TAC's on both sides and a J-TAC going because every organization in the city happens to be acting up that day. Without a dispatch system in place finding each other would be impossible.

8 hours ago, equ1nox_ said:

Trying to justify using TS as a way to reduce the effect of /vr 1 is just trying to avoid the problem completely. The issue is the server VOIP at thats the thing that should be addressed, not trying to get TS for everyone in the server to use. The discussion should be titled "Fix VOIP, its been too long."

Also +1.

• Like 1

As others have mentioned, Legal Factions do not use Teamspeak to avoid the issues of in game VOIP. We still have plenty of issues with VOIP while on duty and there are many times where this has caused us some of the same pain points. When using teamspeak, it is still regulated and it is considered Metagaming to use teamspeak for IC means and not also be speaking using in game voip at the same time so other players can hear what is being said on the "tac radio". 

As mentioned as well, LEOs are not indefinitely siting in TAC waiting for situations to occur. TAC is only utilized for situations requiring it, and as soon as the situation concludes, TAC is closed out and we go back to normal in game radio. 

The primary issue is the lack of a dispatch system as Valor mentioned, and the incapability to utilize more than one radio channel at once which is why Teamspeak is required.

The LSPD tried to use in-game channels for our Tac situations, and found that this was not possible due to the amount of traffic, complexity, and requirements for supervisors to control more than one situation at one time simultaneously. We ran extensive testing on this for an extended period of time a while ago, and found that as much as the Leaders of LSPD wanted it to work, (believe me we do, as policing TS is a full time job, and often rewards members with punishments) we could not get it to work properly and/or reliably.

When it comes to the IC advantages of PD and their radios, please remember that RL police radio communications are far superiors to anything that 99% of civilian and criminal have access to, not to mention the police departments ability to close off all frequencies outside their own in circumstances requiring it.

I personally would love for us to be able to use solely the ingame radios, as it would make life alot easier for faction members, but unfortunately its just currently not reasonable, practical, or functional to the extent required. Just imagine you have 30 people across situations, and the Sherriffs than get called in to help... now you have even more people all trying to figure out which radio, and bombarding the frequency... unfortunately it just doesn't work... YET - fingers crossed it gets sorted out!

39 minutes ago, Umbra_Smith said:

Hey there, could you elaborate on this point please and maybe state the reasons why you don't believe LEOs need Teamspeak? Thanks.

if all other people can use radios, such as gangs, to do robberies and heists. LEOs can use in game radios as well to speak to their people too! It’s unfair and it’s just ANOTHER ADVANTAGE that this server has HANDED to the LEOs

MAKE IT FAIR!

On 8/3/2022 at 10:57 AM, Jbacon said:

The LSPD tried to use in-game channels for our Tac situations, and found that this was not possible due to the amount of traffic, complexity, and requirements for supervisors to control more than one situation at one time simultaneously. We ran extensive testing on this for an extended period of time a while ago, and found that as much as the Leaders of LSPD wanted it to work, (believe me we do, as policing TS is a full time job, and often rewards members with punishments) we could not get it to work properly and/or reliably.

When it comes to the IC advantages of PD and their radios, please remember that RL police radio communications are far superiors to anything that 99% of civilian and criminal have access to, not to mention the police departments ability to close off all frequencies outside their own in circumstances requiring it.

I personally would love for us to be able to use solely the ingame radios, as it would make life alot easier for faction members, but unfortunately its just currently not reasonable, practical, or functional to the extent required. Just imagine you have 30 people across situations, and the Sherriffs than get called in to help... now you have even more people all trying to figure out which radio, and bombarding the frequency... unfortunately it just doesn't work... YET - fingers crossed it gets sorted out!

that’s bull in my opinion. 

UNDERSTAND that if the PD is having in game issues with the radio, EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING 2-5 TIMES THE ISSUE! 

The only difference is that when the LEOs cry about something to the admin, it gets changed and they get what they want plus a little extra. 

But when we ask and ask and ask, WE GET NOTHING, they keep giving them a higher advantage against the criminals! 

2 minutes ago, LucasMadrazo said:

that’s bull in my opinion. 

UNDERSTAND that if the PD is having in game issues with the radio, EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING 2-5 TIMES THE ISSUE! 

The only difference is that when the LEOs cry about something to the admin, it gets changed and they get what they want plus a little extra. 

But when we ask and ask and ask, WE GET NOTHING, they keep giving them a higher advantage against the criminals! 

I am sorry you feel this way Lucas, but everything I stated is the truth and honest.

LEOs have not received and update, or advantage in any of the recent updates, there has only been reduction in our equipment, budgets and tools we have at our disposals. We have also added and become more strict on our internal rules of the faction. 
If you feel it is so easy, I would suggest you try the rp from our side of the coin also and see how you feel after seeing our 200 page manual and department regulations.

1 minute ago, Jbacon said:

I am sorry you feel this way Lucas, but everything I stated is the truth and honest.

LEOs have not received and update, or advantage in any of the recent updates, there has only been reduction in our equipment, budgets and tools we have at our disposals. We have also added and become more strict on our internal rules of the faction. 
If you feel it is so easy, I would suggest you try the rp from our side of the coin also and see how you feel after seeing our 200 page manual and department regulations.

200 pages is light,

real officers go to school for it nah?

On the old SAMP server I was a PD Captain, I remember having to study for about an IRL month and pass a REAL test. I read WAYYYYY more than just 200 pages

Just now, LucasMadrazo said:

200 pages is light,

real officers go to school for it nah?

On the old SAMP server I was a PD Captain, I remember having to study for about an IRL month and pass a REAL test. I read WAYYYYY more than just 200 pages

Well bud, come on over and try it. this is a game not RL, nor is this SAMP. I respect based on all your other posts that you are very ANTI PD, but you need to realize that the law enforcement has the hardest regulations in place.

Regardless, I posted what has been my experience, and it is a shame Lucas that rather than being constructive or providing inciteful information rather than saying if it is good enough for one its good enough for all. 
If you can make it so that people can be on multiple frequencies at once I'm game for it.
I would also like to suggest than, that if this is the case, where you want realism, that we push more avenues of it, such as stacks of cash having more weight to them... 100k in small bills is a pile of weight. 

Teamspeak is only an additional radio for LEO's. We use VOIP whilst we speak on TAC so it's really no different to if you asked us to use in-game radios. Like mentionned above, we have so many channels and traffic that we require additional radio systems in order to keep traffic open and communications clear between departments. 

By all means, if DEV's can develop an in-game system, sure! But in the meantime, we use teamspeak like a handheld radio in game. So I don't see the issue.

Furthermore, I don't see why criminals would need teamspeak. Y'all don't necessarily need different channels as in theory, you only communicate with one group and the iFruit exists for other players! It also makes metagaming more accessible, and even without teamspeak, we have enough metagaming issues.

3 minutes ago, SkyeFuryy said:

Teamspeak is only an additional radio for LEO's. We use VOIP whilst we speak on TAC so it's really no different to if you asked us to use in-game radios. Like mentionned above, we have so many channels and traffic that we require additional radio systems in order to keep traffic open and communications clear between departments. 

By all means, if DEV's can develop an in-game system, sure! But in the meantime, we use teamspeak like a handheld radio in game. So I don't see the issue.

Furthermore, I don't see why criminals would need teamspeak. Y'all don't necessarily need different channels as in theory, you only communicate with one group and the iFruit exists for other players! It also makes metagaming more accessible, and even without teamspeak, we have enough metagaming issues.

yes you use it as an alternative for in game radio but like 99% just key bind it to P and if you need to /vr 1 in game it does not matter as you will not need to /vr 1 in teamspeak you will just not be heard IC but only through teamspeak.

Honestly as someone mentioned above its just VOIP, that is it, they need to fix voip cause it is REALLY annoying when people are not able to be heard and not realize they are not being heard because of an OOC issue. Too many instances people have missed important information because of /vr 1

my suggestion was just for these very specific circumstances a 3rd party software would be used for clear cut communication and to avoid someone having to /vr 1.

It has just been a headache forever to miss out on a cop call out, or a back up call, or any information because someone needed to /vr 1 without realizing it over radio. For me personally it has actually lead to turning the tide for a situation as one scout we had while picking plants gave a callout that they were pushing from the hill and climbing the wall (chili). Sadly he needed a coughdrop so no one heard this call and it lead to just everyone being killed.