Shurples

Chop shops

Chop shops at the moment seem a little OP.  5-8 mins I think to chop a car and multiple active chop shops on the map, then 4 hours to wait for the car at Mors. Not only is this excessive but awful for new players who rely on their one and only car. I’d like to suggest perhaps 10 mins to chop a car and 1 hour for it to be at Mors. NLR is only 30 mins & 60 mins seems reasonable. Maybe depending on the type of car it takes longer? Bigger vehicles would take longer realistically. 

240 mins to wait for Mors yet 120 mins of jail time for the criminal, 180 if they choose to run.

Edited by Shadow
Adding additional information / facts

I disagree with any modifications to the time to retrieve it, you take the risk of leaving your vehicle unattended and not utilize the available parking areas and you sometimes pay for it. Especially in the time where nearly everyone has several cars or alternative modes of transport. 
I could back some leniency for new players but that's about it in my opinion. For anyone else it's not much effort to just suck it up and move on most of the time. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DrPathetic said:

I disagree with any modifications to the time to retrieve it, you take the risk of leaving your vehicle unattended and not utilize the available parking areas and you sometimes pay for it. Especially in the time where nearly everyone has several cars or alternative modes of transport. 
I could back some leniency for new players but that's about it in my opinion. For anyone else it's not much effort to just suck it up and move on most of the time. 

4 hours is still excessive and unfortunately cars get picked anywhere, what you are suggesting is parking it in a legit secure location which isn’t possible if you actually want to use it/rp. Parking it at the shop whilst you go shopping shouldn’t make it an easy target but unfortunately it can get stolen anywhere, anytime. 

I support both an increase to the timer to chop, and also a reduction in Mors cooldown.

5 minutes to chop a vehicle with 10+ active chopshops across the map means it is essentially impossible to attempt to even locate your vehicle pre-chop, let alone try to retrieve it. Furthermore, 4 hours OOC with no vehicle is a huge hinderance. This is GTA and the game is structured around vehicle usage and many players only have one vehicle so disabling this for so long is excessive - especially considering how limited secure parking is around the map and also how frequently vehicles are stolen.

• Like 1

It's all an opportunity to RP. People are incentivized to work together and watch out for each other. I think the timers were decided upon for a reason and I think the way it's working seems to be quite well. I know I've only been on ECRP for a year but I've got 700K+ XP, seen a lot, heard a lot. Tell your story. Meet some new people. 

Maaaaaaybe some change if you're still a New Player? 3 hours?

Edited by Mikazuki Ueno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikazuki Ueno said:

It's all an opportunity to RP. People are incentivized to work together and watch out for each other. I think the timers were decided upon for a reason and I think the way it's working seems to be quite well. I know I've only been on ECRP for a year but I've got 700K+ XP, seen a lot, heard a lot. Tell your story. Meet some new people. 

Maaaaaaybe some change if you're still a New Player? 3 hours?

Where’s the RP? If the car gets chopped within 5 mins you don’t even have time to locate it, with the 15 minute timer you have with /showvehicles it’s a lost cause the moment the car gets taken. 

The only portion I would be in support of is a reduction for new players, everything else can remain as it is. Increasing the chop time isn’t beneficial in the slightest on the actual criminal side when you can only chop one thing at a time - I would much rather see the mechanic of stealing a vehicle improve instead that way it is harder.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Where’s the RP? If the car gets chopped within 5 mins you don’t even have time to locate it, with the 15 minute timer you have with /showvehicles it’s a lost cause the moment the car gets taken. 

The RP comes after. Asking for some help, learning what it’s like to lose something. Banding together with new friends to watch each other’s back. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Mchoe said:

Main issue with chops chops at the moment is that there is so many. There used to be 6 and only 1 of them used to be active, Now there is 10-15 and all of them are active making it impossible to get your car back within the 5 minute chop time

This is the main culprit imo. 

I suggest allowing the ability to track a car with someone inside of it. I never understood the inability to track vehicles with drivers. 
You would still have the same 5 minute cooldown to track it, which essentially means you get one shot to track it before its chopped. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, HighTV said:

This is the main culprit imo. 

I suggest allowing the ability to track a car with someone inside of it. I never understood the inability to track vehicles with drivers. 
You would still have the same 5 minute cooldown to track it, which essentially means you get one shot to track it before its chopped. 

The problem with tracking an occupied regardless of the cooldown is this:

I agree with your suggestion but I don't think it should be changed as of right now unless this is fixed.

I think your just doing it wrong? 9 times out of 10 when somebody's vehicle gets stolen, they are able to retrieve it from a chop shop. Four hours seems like a long time to be with out a car? I mean just hearing this comment is very tone deaf, with the state of other time gated things. You don't want to wait 4 hours for one of your multiple cars to be available from mors? But license suspensions, prison times, impound waits etc. are all okay? Not to mention that chopping is almost redundant now, with the amount of parking the smaller player base has available to it. Most chops only really tend to come after a fight, and people are killed. People are rarely chopping cars left outside.

13 hours ago, MrSilky said:

I support both an increase to the timer to chop, and also a reduction in Mors cooldown.

5 minutes to chop a vehicle with 10+ active chopshops across the map means it is essentially impossible to attempt to even locate your vehicle pre-chop, let alone try to retrieve it. Furthermore, 4 hours OOC with no vehicle is a huge hinderance. This is GTA and the game is structured around vehicle usage and many players only have one vehicle so disabling this for so long is excessive - especially considering how limited secure parking is around the map and also how frequently vehicles are stolen.

Do you hear how contradictory this sounds? " This is GTA and the game is structured around vehicle usage and many players only have one vehicle so disabling this for so long is excessive". Try to remember this in future.

23 minutes ago, Destuin said:

I think your just doing it wrong? 9 times out of 10 when somebody's vehicle gets stolen, they are able to retrieve it from a chop shop. Four hours seems like a long time to be with out a car? I mean just hearing this comment is very tone deaf, with the state of other time gated things. You don't want to wait 4 hours for one of your multiple cars to be available from mors? But license suspensions, prison times, impound waits etc. are all okay? Not to mention that chopping is almost redundant now, with the amount of parking the smaller player base has available to it. Most chops only really tend to come after a fight, and people are killed. People are rarely chopping cars left outside.

Do you hear how contradictory this sounds? " This is GTA and the game is structured around vehicle usage and many players only have one vehicle so disabling this for so long is excessive". Try to remember this in future.

I fail to see any contradiction in what I wrote. I think you are trying to link my reply to yours and saying that I am contradicting your unrelated point? This discussion is about chop shops and mors timers - not other timers. If you have suggestions for those, have at it and make them but don’t attack responses on this one while focussing in unrelated topics.

Try to remember this in future.

26 minutes ago, Destuin said:

The issue is, it is your choice to commit crime, jail is the conciquence of your actions. Like I mentioned above, 4 hours for a NEW player will ditear them away. Even for regular players it is still excessive. Yes you can park your car securly, but what if you want to actually use the car? Doesn't have much use if it's parked away and in that time it is out of parking you can lose it for 4 hours for someone elses actions.

Edited by Shadow

10 minutes ago, MrSilky said:

I fail to see any contradiction in what I wrote. I think you are trying to link my reply to yours and saying that I am contradicting your unrelated point? This discussion is about chop shops and mors timers - not other timers. If you have suggestions for those, have at it and make them but don’t attack responses on this one while focussing in unrelated topics.

Try to remember this in future.

AS per the quote you said "This is GTA and the game is structured around vehicle usage and many players only have one vehicle so disabling this for so long is excessive". But then you also support the suspension of licenses for over 24 hours (6 times the length of a chop!). Or prison sentences, which GTA is a game based around a vehicle so four hors is excessive? You have to spend 4 hours tabbed out in jail if you get caught doing the chop ! Your opinions are purely contradictory, as I imagine this is a personal matter for you as you very rarely comment on these threads Mr Sanchez. The only relevant point that seems remotely fair here, is that New Players should have there mors time reduced. Perhaps by half? Maybe now you will think twice before issuing that 24 hour suspension for going 85, knowing how it effects others.

"4 hours OOC with no vehicle is a huge hinderance" - Ye it is, try 24.

Edited by Destuin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destuin said:

AS per the quote you said "This is GTA and the game is structured around vehicle usage and many players only have one vehicle so disabling this for so long is excessive". But then you also support the suspension of licenses for over 24 hours (6 times the length of a chop!). Or prison sentences, which GTA is a game based around a vehicle so four hors is excessive? You have to spend 4 hours tabbed out in jail if you get caught doing the chop ! Your opinions are purely contradictory, as I imagine this is a personal matter for you as you very rarely comment on these threads Mr Sanchez. The only relevant point that seems remotely fair here, is that New Players should have there mors time reduced. Perhaps by half? Maybe now you will think twice before issuing that 24 hour suspension for going 85, knowing how it effects others.

"4 hours OOC with no vehicle is a huge hinderance" - Ye it is, try 24.

Contradictory to what? Where did I say anything about 24 hour license suspensions or jail time? That’s a completely different topic and wasn’t even mentioned.

As you seem so passionate about this topic, I’ll entertain it once just to highlight a key area you are failing to understand. When your vehicle is stolen and chopped, it is not your actions or risk that results in loss, it is someone else’s actions against you. When your license is suspended or you go to jail, this is a reaction to your actions.

An illegal character also has many more avenues for vehicle usage even when ICly not allowed to. Be that driving without a license, stealing another car or using a friends one again without a license. A legal new player will not want to tarnish their characters future doing this.

Please stop trying to link one suggestion loosely to others and remain on topic. If you have a suggestion for something else, make a new thread.

I support both of these ideas. With the 5 minute cool down between the usage of /showvehicles its impossible to track a car if you don't time to command properly, so by the time you can get the ability to track the vehicle its already destroyed. There's also the issue of how easy it can be to steal a vehicle. The only safe spots in the server is NCZ's or putting them in a house/parking garage. There's always the chance of a one pick success and you receive no notification and have the possibility of not even knowing you had your vehicle stolen until its to late. 

Decreasing the time a vehicle has to be at Mors is also a big +1. Maybe not reduce it to one hour but instead reduce it to 2 hours. This would allow for people to not be completely screwed over especially when using vehicles for things such as building house's/business's, going to the clothing store things of this nature. 

I also believe that the area of which you chop a car should be reduced. As it stands right now chopping vehicles can mean putting the car near the mechanic and walking hella far away while doing it. Now this change shouldn't be major but simply adjusted to keep it more realistic. 

I support 100% part of the idea that Aldarine with adding more mechanics to steal a vehicle such as a mini game to hotwire it, or searching for keys, instead of just using picklocks to get in and drive off. 

• Like 2

The time to chop a vehicle certainly need reviewing as 5 minutes to chop a vehicle was fine when you had limited chops not so great now, new players should also have to wait less to receive their vehicle i feel like 1 hour would be fine as anything lower means it could be exploited.

Edited by apologisemeow
  • Like 3
  • dead 1

As a new player on the server, I can tell you that within the first few hours of playing I took the bus job  in paleto bay, without prior knowledge or any information of a safe place to park... that was a expensive lesson for me to learn as money is extremely hard to come by as a new player, in fact the fact I had to wait four hours for my vehicle to returned after it was stolen and chopped within twenty minutes... 

I feel as a law abiding citizen on the server,  that it pays more to be a criminal as two thousand ish dollars a lap on the bus route, is such a grind and after losing my vehicle in this way and the cost of returning my vehicle... all the law abiding work I have done is for pretty much nothing.

But I digress since this incident I have spent maybe an hour in the server as I don't like to feel like I'm wasting my time in a litteral sense and a rp sense.

Maybe lower the Mors timer but chops themselves are fine.

Having your car stolen is unfortunate but it's also a learning experience. Chops are essential to official gangs being able to secure and take turfs and as it was mentioned the vast majority of chops come from lab fights not vehicles that are left unattended.

Once you've learned the chop locations retrieving a vehicle isn't all that hard considering you're alerted the moment a lock pick has failed.

16 minutes ago, TheOwl said:

Maybe lower the Mors timer but chops themselves are fine.

Having your car stolen is unfortunate but it's also a learning experience. Chops are essential to official gangs being able to secure and take turfs and as it was mentioned the vast majority of chops come from lab fights not vehicles that are left unattended.

Once you've learned the chop locations retrieving a vehicle isn't all that hard considering you're alerted the moment a lock pick has failed.

The issue is each time it's stolen with 1 pick so no notification is sent xD and there's so many chops now that 5 mins would hardly get you to one location, that's hoping it's the correct one too!