Tucccci

Doing away with /report 3 /report 4 and pausing RP.

All too often RP situations completely deteriorate, either when both party's break into /b to argue/discuss the rule break at hand, or when an admin intervenes. When an admin intervenes, the reported party will often be given a firm talking to in front of everyone, and the RP often reset and replayed out.

1. The public nature of /report 3 and /report 4 breeds OOC hostility right then and there ,helping no-one. 

2. Situations the are re-role played out rarely feel immersive, as the time that has passed in the pause completely cleanses whatever excitement originally existed in the scenario.

3. One or often both parties leave the situation less fulfilled, and less immersed than if we just let it play out ICly and filed a report on the forums.

4. At least 3 people (reported party, reporting party, admin) Are removed play while they wait who knows how long for the situation to be resolved

Many of the paused situations i've been a part of would likely not even constitute a forum report, but still managed to consume in game time.

My suggestion to this would be to do away with in game rule break reports all together, allowing situations to play out, insisting on attempting to resolve the issue between parties before hand, and ultimately making a forum report if a rule break is suspected.

I'd like to tac on the idea of a rule about not breaking character, and perhaps a scrips that limits the about of /b messages one can send in a given time frame.

I don't want rulebreakers to get away with breaking rules, but I am also tired of being a part of paused situations that take away from gameplay time and overall roleplay value, when it would have been easier/more fun to just take the L and make a forum report.

Edited by Tucccci
  • Like 2
  • NAY 1
  • Confused 1

This is a hard -1 from me. Just as an example, if I am being arrested and a member of law enforcement has broken a rule. If an admin comes pauses the situation and deems it is a rulebreak this is a big deal for me. I now no longer have to spend 2/3/4/5 HOURS, in prison for effectively no reason? I can file a forum report after the fact, but I CANNOT get that time back. Try PMing the person and asking to discuss it over PMs, rather than filling up /b.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, the  type of report your talking about is exactly the type that ties up multiple peoples time. Last night I had an admin situation take up at least 15 people, for nearly 30 minutes. Why should anyone besides you and an admin have their time taken away for an admin situation? I have no doubt people would take some L's over this, but ultimately be fine if they file a report. Do I think other people should have to give up their time roleplaying so you can work out an admin issue? No, and I don't expect other people to do that for me either. This is gonna sound crazy, but think about other peoples time. This would be a huge change, and change the dynamic of roleplay for the better I believe, especially for the sake of immersion.

I mean this is the kind of thing you could throw What if's at, and it would be easy to find plenty of times you'd like to pause roleplay to save yourself some personal progression/loss of progression, but this suggestion is ultimately to benefit those who just want to Roleplay, instead of being apart of other peoples OOC drama.

• Like 1

I'm 50/50 on this. You are right that admin sits can completely take people out of the rp they were just having. It can really slow down the handful of situations had per shift down to a crawl. The few that I've been apart of usually end in the rp bring reset and eventually not as enjoyable. There are also situations where no admins are involved and we've just been able to pm the person we were chasing, ask them if they want to restart because the lead unit c0, and then we restart without spending 30 minutes doing nothing. It's things like this where people should be respectful and say, "Yeah, I'll restart this scenario with you cause someone crashed." Police would do the same, and always do. Respect is a two-way street that can't just be forced down on someone else and not given to the other. If we want a better community and attitude towards eachother, we start by being more respectful and cooperative. This is a game and we are all just trying to have fun.

I am strongly in favor of this. It is something that most serious roleplay communities enforce. Stopping roleplay is simply not conducive to immersing yourself into your character or environment. It is not uncommon that RP is paused, an admin situation is dealt with, which involves uploading of evidence from two different sides, and twenty minutes later the RP is either voided, or even worst, resumed. By that time no one wishes to still partake in the roleplay, but they are more often than not, forced to continue.

This needs to stop if we are to take roleplay more seriously.

• Like 3
  • NAY 2

The whole point of /report 3 and 4 and pausing RP is to put a stop to RP that shouldn't have taken place to begin with. Removing the option for a player to get staff assistance when a rulebreak is taking place is begging for chaos.

For example, someone comes down to the pier and starts shooting a couple people, clearly Mass DMing; sure staff might see the kill logs, but I think it's much more likely an admin is going to realise what's happening when they recieve 10 "/report 4 Mass DM"'s.

I've always been someone who promotes staying in character and I support people wanting change to continue immersion, however I also believe MORE restrictions on how a player can play this video game does nothing but harm the quality of life of their gameplay.

• Like 4

I have been through too many paused situations during the years and the feeling of resuming is awful. The immersion is thrown out the window, the excitement is gone and the RP feels extremely robotic or unnatural. I think admins should only resume when they make possible to resume without changes or after not too much time has passed (5 minutes tops).

• Like 2
  • dead 2

I don't understand at all why this thread got derailed into crim vs law enforcement, again.

Such a change would affect all roleplay on the server. It could be you getting robbed by a gang, or you robbing a gang members. Getting house raided, etc.

If you think removing report 3 or 4 will make PD/SD stronger, I think everyone is vastly over-estimating the amount of times PD/SD break rules.

15 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I don't understand at all why this thread got derailed into crim vs law enforcement, again.

Such a change would affect all roleplay on the server. It could be you getting robbed by a gang, or you robbing a gang members. Getting house raided, etc.

If you think removing report 3 or 4 will make PD/SD stronger, I think everyone is vastly over-estimating the amount of times PD/SD break rules.

It's not being turned into that. That is just the opinions of the criminal players. Something that we take into consideration when giving our opinion on whether or not /report 3 and /report 4 should be removed, is that we could potentially lose hours of time. You can't see that, as its not something you have to experience. As you can see from the general opinions here, there are no crims complaining about RP being paused for /report 3 and /report 4. You cannot try to lock this suggestion, by trying to claim that it is Crim vs Law enforcement, when we are literally just sharing our opinion on the suggestion, and stating how this would be a consequence for us if this went through. We clearly don't have an issue with the RP getting paused in the rare occurrences that it does, this is no reason to try and invalidate our opinion.

Edited by Destuin

15 minutes ago, Destuin said:

It's not being turned into that. That is just the opinions of the criminal players. Something that we take into consideration when giving our opinion on whether or not /report 3 and /report 4 should be removed, is that we could potentially lose hours of time. You can't see that, as its not something you have to experience. As you can see from the general opinions here, there are no crims complaining about RP being paused for /report 3 and /report 4. You cannot try to lock this suggestion, by trying to claim that it is Crim vs Law enforcement, when we are literally just sharing our opinion on the suggestion, and stating how this would be a consequence for us if this went through. We clearly don't have an issue with the RP getting paused in the rare occurrences that it does, this is no reason to try and invalidate our opinion.

The fact that you can both be invaliding the opinions of people in law enforcement factions while ending this post with "there is no reason to try and invalid our opinion" is very concerning. Add onto it the fact that it is "our opinion" vs the "opinion of people that don't have to experience it" and it becomes very very hard for me to believe that this is not PD vs crim.

Edited by alexalex303

8 hours ago, SmushyTaco said:

I think if both parties want to void the RP because they're just not interested to resume it's understandable even if staff find no rule breaks. I don't however think this loss of immersion is a good enough reason to remove in game reports as they can save players hours of their lives being spent in prison, help them get their items that were lost to a rulebreak without a refund request, and help players deal with rulebreaks without having to wait upwards of a week to get a ruling like you see on the forums. The pros of in game reports out weigh the cons. On duty LEOs don't really actually lose much to rulebreaks like a criminal does so for all the criminals on the server it makes a huge difference.

They are never going to remove them and it would be a stupid idea (to remove in game reports) for obvious reasons. I am just against resuming interactions that have been killed by server administration after being paused for a long time or after the suprise element is gone.