GR_Seb

Impound | Fine Payments.

Suggestion

Hello my friends from Eclipse Roleplay, today I would like to suggest something given the new update of the MDC Booth at the impound lot.
If you like it throw up a +1.

PAY YOUR FINES AT THE IMPOUND

payfine.png

Given the fact that the impound lot has a brand new booth that contains a computer and an MDC, it would be ideal for people to be able to pay their fines there instead of having them to walk back to Mission Row and return only to wait for more minutes for an other available unit to return. It will be really convinient and clever to just pay the fines there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, Bala said:

Honestly, I think just having it as an app on your phone and be able to do it anywhere makes the most sense.

In 2021/2022, I'm sure governments or DMVs would let you pay online 100%.

Not in the part of Canada i live in, if i wanna pay a fine, i need to head to my local court house to pay the tickets. It isn't suppose to be convenient, its meant to be part of the punishment for being a moocha!

• Like 1
  • POG 1

53 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

Not in the part of Canada i live in, if i wanna pay a fine, i need to head to my local court house to pay the tickets. It isn't suppose to be convenient, its meant to be part of the punishment for being a moocha!

But this isn't Canada, though. In California, you can pay it in person, by phone, via mail or online — so why not present that option to the players? 🤷‍♂️
That's just an example from the County of Santa Clara;

https://www.scscourt.org/self_help/traffic/paying_fines.shtml

Edited by dawpi
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, isBrainDed said:

But this isnt California

But the same concept applies to the rest of the United States, and that's where the State of San Andreas is being roleplayed as. New York? You can pay online. Texas? You can pay online. Washington? The answer remains, and that's just to name a few, you can google the rest of the states as you see fit. You can pay online. California was an example, hence why I said "just an example".

Edited by dawpi

38 minutes ago, isBrainDed said:

But this isnt California

Countless times it is brought up that several of the RP aspects are based off of California. Particularly things to do with the police. Stuff such as weapons, budget, even down to the vehicles that are accessible. This isn't just an "opinion" this is what staff say...

Impound is already at times, a frustrating situation for players, more so now that there are less cops available.

Going there, waiting, getting someone to come there finally to then be told you have to pay your fines at Mission Row or Paleto then go back and start the cycle again is needlessly inconvenient. It's not one of those 'teachable' hurr durr moments where the criminal gets fucked over because they chose a life of crime, it's just a poor game mechanic.

The point of the citation in-character is to tax them for breaking the law, it's not necessarily to waste their time. 
So, wireless paying through an application on the phone achieves two things;

1. Makes it more convenient AND more likely for someone to pay a fine they've received.
  2. Adds an extra reason to use the phone.

Dawpi don't even go here any more and he still gets it.

• chill 1

I think the requirements of having an officer in the vicinity of the impound lots should allow you to pay your tickets since this would just combine an old script with a radius bound. 

Another option is to just have the /payticket script circle at the impounds. Which would just require another script spot rather than programming an entire new app on the phone to pay your tickets.

I think an app would be amazing since it is what is realistic in the US now days.