Varakai

Secured parking at LSPD/LSMD and other government job zones

Hey guys,

So here is my suggestion. We need secure parking for LSPD and LSMD as these are NCZ's, however players still choose to ignore this and are constantly breaking into cars here in an attempt to chop-shop them. This wastes valuable time for not only the Administrators and Moderators, but if there are none available it falls to the LSPD to try to recover these vehicles before being chop-shopped.

This would also clear up a lot of parking congestion that occurs at LSPD. There is plenty of parking available to civilians in Legion Square. Where vehicles are fully secure. The Parking at both these locations are intended for staff only.

The mechanics for this would be fairly simple to set up, as the mechanics already have something similar setup being /gatemech which opens and closes the front gates to Bayview or the staff parking at LSC. Pictured below is a rough idea of what could be setup. The control for the gates could be /gatelspd and /gatelsmd respectively.

I have had multiple members of LSPD/LSMD comment that this is needed. However after talking to a few other people about it, DCC and Weazel News are also asking to have their staff carpark secured. Most of the government jobs (if not all) usually require their staff to be away from their HQ, providing a service to the state. A little peace of mind that your personal vehicle is secure while you are out goes a long way.

9c2097b00df5ced91571ce9b5fa5aaca.jpg

a7c7a1b001e9c244c86b508e422dc8ae.jpg

• Like 4

Why cant the PD and MD park their cars in legion square also if they are so concerned about the parking?

This  secure parking has been discussed in detail in another server suggestion by the way.  Such things as an unofficial impound lot was raised as well as other numerous concerns regarding this. Probably best to continue that post.

Sometimes I like to use the PD car park when I visit the PD so with this I'd have to park further away and use my legs? 

What about exploring other options such as implementing zones in which a bobby pin cannot be used? Not sure how easy something like that would be to implement but it seems like it would eradicate the largest problem facing no crime zones. 

+1 great idea, it would also at least make people aware that the vehicles there are taken by the police and  it would make it accesable to the cops only + make the lspd look freaking amazing!

for the medics i do also agree to that because alot of random people tend to go there to either steal cars or park their cars there in hope to abuse the NCZ rule so that their vehicle won't be stolen.

overall it would make people realize that its a LSPD and MD zone only

Edited by MistNinja

13 hours ago, Phil McGee said:

Why cant the PD and MD park their cars in legion square also if they are so concerned about the parking?

This  secure parking has been discussed in detail in another server suggestion by the way.  Such things as an unofficial impound lot was raised as well as other numerous concerns regarding this. Probably best to continue that post.

Because we like to drive to and from work to our houses with the sense of immersion. Plus the car park is meant to be for staff only, with the odd visitors that stay for 5 minutes, however a lot of people abuse this and leave their cars here for an extended period of time. When they do leave their cars here it's for hours on end making it look cluttered and unrealistic. There are at least 2 parking yards that are within 1 block of the PD that people can use to park the vehicles away from prying eyes. Also, a lot of people don't realize, but it is perfectly legal to park on the side of the road on the curb as long as, 1. You are not in a red zone, and, 2. You are not up on the sidewalk.

13 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Sometimes I like to use the PD car park when I visit the PD so with this I'd have to park further away and use my legs? 

What about exploring other options such as implementing zones in which a bobby pin cannot be used? Not sure how easy something like that would be to implement but it seems like it would eradicate the largest problem facing no crime zones. 

I understand a lot of people will probably complain about the lack of 'proper' parking about the LSPD when they do come to pay fines or inquire about other legal matters. However this is more about stopping rule-breakers from stealing cars within NCZ's. A lot of PD staff have stated that while they are out on patrol in the middle of an incident, they get a notification that their alarm has been triggered and it can become quite distracting to juggle between a rule-breaker and the criminal in front of you. Furthermore, this is easier to create than to write a 'NCZ script' preventing things such as drawing your gun, lock picking cars, mugging, people, attacking, or vandalism. This combined with the fact that sometimes police will have to draw their weapon within NCZ's in order to detain/arrest a suspect.

14 hours ago, SkylineGT said:

Yes but secure it for all players, in real life you don't have someone stealing your car 24/7, heck I left my car open at the underground parking garage of the supermarket for 4 days and nobody touched it.

Okay, may I ask what type of vehicle do you have? Because the value and difficulty to move a stolen car onto another buyer in the real world, compared to what happens in the server with the value of what some cars are and how easy it is to get money from them is like night and day. The other thing is not a lot of people will try to steal a car from an underground parking lot when there are cameras rolling everywhere. Where-as, the NCZ's are meant to be a 'simulated' heavy surveillance zone. However as previously mentioned, players ignore this, and 'surveillance' can only be obtained when there is another person there recording.

5 hours ago, Varakai said:

Okay, may I ask what type of vehicle do you have? Because the value and difficulty to move a stolen car onto another buyer in the real world, compared to what happens in the server with the value of what some cars are and how easy it is to get money from them is like night and day. The other thing is not a lot of people will try to steal a car from an underground parking lot when there are cameras rolling everywhere. Where-as, the NCZ's are meant to be a 'simulated' heavy surveillance zone. However as previously mentioned, players ignore this, and 'surveillance' can only be obtained when there is another person there recording.

Bmw e90, it didn't have surveillance, the thing is that people don't really steal cars here... they're mo likely to steal 10 phones at once in the shop rather than stealing new lambo for free... but then again people don't know how to drive here either.

Edited by SkylineGT

And that's a huge different between stealing cars that are more high end in the server than the accessibility of phones. I'm not saying that your own car is any less valuable but its the ease of access to the cars that are parked at these NCZ's, therefore the whole idea is to stop the rule breakers.

12 hours ago, Varakai said:

And that's a huge different between stealing cars that are more high end in the server than the accessibility of phones. I'm not saying that your own car is any less valuable but its the ease of access to the cars that are parked at these NCZ's, therefore the whole idea is to stop the rule breakers.

Yes I get your point but I made two points, one= it is more likely to steal an item from store rather than a car from the parking garage with shitload of traffic. Also, in game people don't give a fuck what they steal... bmx or infernus its the same thing...