ImSuspensee

Admin approval or OOC agreement to Faction Wars

I believe that an admin approving a faction war would stop a lot of the random wars that are currently happening. When you go to declare war, you will be required to fill out what RP reason they have to declare war. If this were to be implemented, when going to declare war, it would be set as “Under Review”, similar to when you send a peace offer it says “Peace offer sent”. An admin such as Eriksen, Pazz, and Ballin would be required to approve or deny the requests. This would stop reports for breaking the turf rule from happening, sitting there waiting for days active in a war we shouldnt be in, for an admin to make a conclusion on the report. If this cant be implemented, then make it so the other faction leader has to OOCly agree to the war. It would be similar to the way peace offers work. 

Second to Last point: I don’t think that declaring a war should be as easy as it is right now. I also think there should be some rules set on what can start a war. In my opinion I dont think someone robbing someone of $200 should justify 50 people fighting, but thats just an exaggerated example.

Final Point: I think there needs to be some forced end to a war. If a faction fully kills all active members of a faction, the war should end. It makes no sense for it to continue if nobody had knowledge of the war. 

Thanks for reading, hopefully this wont just get brushed off, please give feedback and discuss in the comments, id love to see other peoples views on this. 

• Upvote 1

+1 I know eventually that the whole criminal faction system will change, but in the mean time something like this would be good to prevent the pointless wars which have recently been happening, and would ensure that the faction actually knows about the war without having to be online when its declared or checking the diplomacy tab regularly, which has been happening to us a lot lately.

In my opinion, if the leaders of a faction dont know why the war is happening, then there's not really a valid reason for war. War should be a last resort, not the first port of call just because what you actually want is to take a turf. War should also include some actual RP interaction rather than just trying to take turf.

+1 to everything although I'm not 100% on the killing everyone ends the war thing as a faction could just play dirty and wait until there's only one person online and whittle the numbers down that way or find some other way to exploit it. I'm in complete agreement with the need for approval of wars since with all the brand new groups randomly declaring war (one of them declared war on every faction) damage can already be done before an admin sorts it out. 

1 hour ago, JackD248 said:

-1 IRL a government doesn’t approve of a war a war is a war tatty just don’t get into wars and be salty if it’s goes the wrong way for the parties involved within the wars, whoever that may be 

It would be an OOC approval, not an IC one. 

+1 for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackD248 said:

I don’t mind report wars, if that’s what you gotta do that’s what you gotta do 

But not everyone is like you and likes to see forum drama going down. I personally don't like when I go on the forums, look on the right on the screen at recent activity and I see a report on De Opresso Lieber, the Commission, Rucks, Savages, Exiled and every topic has likr 65 replies each. Instead of having some good criminal RP in game they sit there and argue on the forums. I'm not sure if I agree with this suggestion, but something sure as hell has to change because everything I see on the forums right now are endless reports on criminal factions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JackD248 said:

Report wars are stupid and have nothing to do with Roleplay. Show some good RP, and don't declare war for minor things. Wars are bad for business, so nobody should be aiming to start one. 

On 7/8/2018 at 11:09 AM, JackD248 said:

-1 IRL a government doesn’t approve of a war a war is a war tatty just don’t get into wars and be salty if it’s goes the wrong way for the parties involved within the wars, whoever that may be 

IRL government doesn't ban you for killing someone for no reason. Yes this my comment is sarcastic, this is a game with rules, no matter how the degree of "realness". I'd also like to point out that the government actually does approve wars, a single person can not just declare war in real life. But referencing criminal wars, a faction of 5 would not declare war on a faction of 50. Also, the cops would be making daily arrests with life sentences, and killing both sides of the gangs, the "government" doesn't just allow people to kill people. But to further that, I don't expect life sentences and things in game, but yet I also acknowledge its a video game.

13 hours ago, JackD248 said:

This comment is the least progressive comment I have ever read. The community shouldn't fight with each other. You may personally not mind them, but they divide the community.

6 hours ago, JackD248 said:

Why do reports need 65+ replies its a simple report saying "Dear (Reported Party) what is you valid IC reason for going to war?" If they don't have one its a simple admin issue to re assign the turf. It will save admins time if everyone can just know the rules of factions. Possibly a quiz on factions you have to pass before starting a faction to show your not just someone who is gonna recruit everyone u see and cap turf and to check u actually know what your doing. Imo something like that would be better to save admins time.

A quiz to create a faction would not stop the issue of people breaking faction rules. For example, a quiz to get into the server doesn't stop people from breaking server rules. Saying that "it will save admins time if everyone can just know the rules of factions." would better apply to server rules in general. If everyone knew and followed the rules, there would be no reason for a player report section, but sadly people either don't read them or don't care.

Edited by ImSuspensee

5 hours ago, JackD248 said:

Why do reports need 65+ replies its a simple report saying "Dear (Reported Party) what is you valid IC reason for going to war?" If they don't have one its a simple admin issue to re assign the turf. It will save admins time if everyone can just know the rules of factions. Possibly a quiz on factions you have to pass before starting a faction to show your not just someone who is gonna recruit everyone u see and cap turf and to check u actually know what your doing. Imo something like that would be better to save admins time.

Well if everything is that easy, please explain this:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

And if everything is as easy as you say ''Just go and teach them the rules, or make them read them'', why don't you make a post about it and force every single faction to read through it? I doubt you will even get half of them to even open the thread. If a person is not trying to read or learn the rules, he won't succeed either. And a quiz is just pointless because all they gotta do is open the rule book press CTRL + F type in the word ''Turf'' and there they go, fill in the quiz. This is my last reply in this post regarding this topic, it was created for a suggestion, and let's keep it ``argument free``, simply say if you agree with the suggestion or not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.