Osborn

Prison Things

6] Add a prison job. The original idea that Harm was going to work on was some type of impromptu job system, sort of like "chores" which would reward players with a small amount of money meant to be used at the prison shop. Every 15-20 minutes or so inmates could be given the opportunity to do chores and at the end, receive a small sum of money. This is taken from the original document:

"Add a prison job with a wide variety of random tasks assigned to the players. Add a cooldown so that they can only do the job once every 30 minutes or so. Tasks could be;

- Collect new bed sheets from the laundry room and change them for cell #, cell #,
and cell #
- Collect the bed sheets from cell #, cell #,
and cell # and bring them over to the laundry room.
- Collect bags of dirt from around the prison, bring them over to the laundry room
afterward
. (add random checkpoints or bin bags)
- Go do some exercise at the prison gym for 10 minutes.

And then after they’ve completed the series of tasks, force them to go to the shower room and stand in a shower for x seconds before completing the job. Then have them go back to their prison cell to collect their payment from a Correctional Officer (just for the RP sake, it wouldn't be an actual player, they just go back to their cell and get paid but a message could appear saying they've collected it from an officer).

"

11] Add the cell number inmates are assigned to above their heads (very much like /EID) as inmate jumpsuits would have it on the back. 

12] Add a /prisonlist that officers can use at any computer inside the prison which would show us the current inmates, assigned cell and time remaining.

I.e. John Doe | Time | Cell 18
Jane Doe | Time | Cell 18
Tyrone Brown | Time | Cell 5

KNOWN ISSUES/BUGS

2] The prison has been moved under the airport (was originally mapped ontop of the airport) and the floor positioning is wrong, so objects are either clipping through the floor or floating inside.

3] There are objects missing since the switch from GT-MP to Rage. Prison cells no longer have beds in them, the infirmary (medical room) is missing nearly all its objects. I'm not sure if Rage supports the objects that were used inside? 

4] We still fall through the prison, though, much less than before. I think the entering custom interiors needs to freeze you for x seconds after entering and then unfreeze you, just to allow the objects to load.

5] PD doesn't get salary progression inside the prison. In /salary, it says "NO" on "Near Faction HQ or Vehicle".

COMPLETED:

1] The doors in the prison disappear after you've been inside once, you can just run through the entire prison.

2] We need / mdc to be enabled inside the prison so we can actually RP the processing there, there's an area dedicated to inmate processing. 

9] Add a /doorbell command (or something along those lines) that works in the front lobby. Players that use the command would send a notification to officers inside the prison interior. Perhaps a cooldown so it doesn't get spammed.

4] The gates to the prison work on Rage, on GT-MP, they wouldn't open. Now that they work, could we please get a separate entrance that takes us to the processing area as intended when the prison was made? Referring to this video  https://youtu.be/scwzhao9Vn8?t=224 

7] Add a prison shop (there's an actual shop in the interior) where inmates can buy items such as cigarettes, food, and other miscellaneous items. Spice things up a bit and allow inmates to buy and combine items to create illegal prison items such as shanks and alcohol. The latter would create RP opportunities inside.

10] Give inmates an actual inmate jumpsuit (there should be clothes for it that works on Eclipse's player models) for extra immersion. 

15] Put admin prisoners into a different dimension or change the area where the admin prison is, even if you just place it inside a random building somewhere. Admin Prisoners keeps their guns, drugs etc. and they shouldn't be involved with the IC population of the prison.

3] Either remove or increase the inmate prisoner radius (not sure what to call it), at the moment, they can't walk far without being teleported back to their cells, i.e. - they can't go to the cafeteria without being teleported back. Either remove this radius or increase it significantly, there are many rooms in the prison that were meant for inmates! 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

Thank you for your suggestion, FatherOsborn!

I do agree with you that the prison needs a revamp after it’s implementation last year. There needs to be more things for prisoners to do but most importantly, be able to enter it in the first place. 

• Like 1

Absolutely agree, the prison was indeed released too early in my opinion, of course since then the prison times have been lowered drastically (from 8h max. to 2h max.), but there is still a lack of things for people to do in the prison, making it feel more as an OOC punishment for IC actions, than an IC punishment for IC actions.

On 28/04/2018 at 8:34 AM, FatherOsbornHD said:

Add a prison shop (there's an actual shop in the interior) where inmates can buy items such as cigarettes, food, and other miscellaneous items. Spice things up a bit and allow inmates to buy and combine items to create illegal prison items such as shanks and alcohol. The latter would create RP opportunities inside.

Good ideas but how would some of theses work if the prison is a NCZ?

3 hours ago, Phil McGee said:

Good ideas but how would some of theses work if the prison is a NCZ?

Once the prison is fixed and working as intended, we intend on having a Department of Corrections which would then open up for more RP inside the prison such as crimes inside the prison.

21 hours ago, FatherOsbornHD said:

Once the prison is fixed and working as intended, we intend on having a Department of Corrections which would then open up for more RP inside the prison such as crimes inside the prison.

Department of corrections as a division of a Sheriffs department? :)

On 4/28/2018 at 2:34 AM, F@therOsborn said:

Hey friends, it's me. So, I made the prison a while back and I (and others) feel that it was added rather too quickly, it's missing features & there are things that broken. So here's a list of things I'd love to see fixed & added. Feel free to comment with your own things. I only feel that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 6 and 13 are "important/urgent" things. If 7 is done, 8 would also need to be done as they work together! If you add 7 without 8, it would defeat the purpose of 6.

3] Either remove or increase the inmate prisoner radius (not sure what to call it), at the moment, they can't walk far without being teleported back to their cells, i.e. - they can't go to the cafeteria without being teleported back. Either remove this radius or increase it significantly, there are many rooms in the prison that were meant for inmates! 

4] The gates to the prison work on Rage, on GT-MP, they wouldn't open. Now that they work, could we please get a separate entrance that takes us to the processing area as intended when the prison was made? Referring to this video  https://youtu.be/scwzhao9Vn8?t=224 

5] If 4] is done, we need to be able to lock the gates like doors so people don't just go through them. 

6] Add a prison job. The original idea that Harm was going to work on was some type of impromptu job system, sort of like "chores" which would reward players with a small amount of money meant to be used at the prison shop. Every 15-20 minutes or so inmates could be given the opportunity to do chores and at the end, receive a small sum of money. This is taken from the original document:

"Add a prison job with a wide variety of random tasks assigned to the players. Add a cooldown so that they can only do the job once every 30 minutes or so. Tasks could be;

- Collect new bed sheets from the laundry room and change them for cell #, cell #,
and cell #
- Collect the bed sheets from cell #, cell #,
and cell # and bring them over to the laundry room.
- Collect bags of dirt from around the prison, bring them over to the laundry room
afterward
. (add random checkpoints or bin bags)
- Go do some exercise at the prison gym for 10 minutes.

And then after they’ve completed the series of tasks, force them to go to the shower room and stand in a shower for x seconds before completing the job. Then have them go back to their prison cell to collect their payment from a Correctional Officer (just for the RP sake, it wouldn't be an actual player, they just go back to their cell and get paid but a message could appear saying they've collected it from an officer).

"

7] Add a prison shop (there's an actual shop in the interior) where inmates can buy items such as cigarettes, food, and other miscellaneous items. Spice things up a bit and allow inmates to buy and combine items to create illegal prison items such as shanks and alcohol. The latter would create RP opportunities inside.

8] For 6 and 7 to work properly, all money that inmates have on hand inside the prison, should go into their bank account so that they have 0 on hand. That way they actually have to do this prison job to afford things in the shop!

10] Give inmates an actual inmate jumpsuit (there should be clothes for it that works on Eclipse's player models) for extra immersion. 

11] Add the cell number inmates are assigned to above their heads (very much like /EID) as inmate jumpsuits would have it on the back. 

12] Add a /prisonlist that officers can use at any computer inside the prison which would show us the current inmates, assigned cell and time remaining.

I.e. John Doe | Time | Cell 18
Jane Doe | Time | Cell 18
Tyrone Brown | Time | Cell 5

13] In the cafeteria of the prison, there are wall mounted phones. Perhaps allow players to pay x money for x seconds of phone usage?

KNOWN ISSUES/BUGS

1] The doors in the prison disappear after you've been inside once, you can just run through the entire prison.

2] The prison has been moved under the airport (was originally mapped ontop of the airport) and the floor positioning is wrong, so objects are either clipping through the floor or floating inside.

3] There are objects missing since the switch from GT-MP to Rage. Prison cells no longer have beds in them, the infirmary (medical room) is missing nearly all its objects. I'm not sure if Rage supports the objects that were used inside? 

4] We still fall through the prison, though, much less than before. I think the entering custom interiors needs to freeze you for x seconds after entering and then unfreeze you, just to allow the objects to load.

5] PD doesn't get salary progression inside the prison. In /salary, it says "NO" on "Near Faction HQ or Vehicle".

COMPLETED:

2] We need / mdc to be enabled inside the prison so we can actually RP the processing there, there's an area dedicated to inmate processing. 

9] Add a /doorbell command (or something along those lines) that works in the front lobby. Players that use the command would send a notification to officers inside the prison interior. Perhaps a cooldown so it doesn't get spammed.

I love those ideas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.