Squarix

Non RP drivers

One of the things i noticed the most was the amount of non rp drivers and the amount of hit and runs that happens on the server even if they are doing a job such as bus driver etc. they run people over, run signs over, cut streets, drive fast... So i was wondering if there was a way of lowering the numbers of such players maybe by implementing a counter that counts how many things you have hit while on a job or a system to easily report those kind of players.

speed cameras on every street corner

more seriously, though, it's a big IC problem and unfortunately the police department doesn't have the manpower to cover 100% of the roads at all times so this issue will always exist in some form or another. If you want to help solve it you might consider joining the traffic division IC!

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • polarcop 1

1 hour ago, Jiholee said:

My Idea will be that for the scripted jobs, They should receive less salary the more the vehicle is damaged.

Make it better, if the vehicle is returned damaged, you pay a certain amount as a "charge". Salaries are already pretty small especially if travelling through toll booth mulitple times on a run

+support

It's sad that I have to pay $500-$1000 to repair my car and I find it NRPish of me if I park and unpark it to get it fixed. I also don't like driving a broken car even if its lower than 950. I disagee about it being an IC issue due to the fact A.I. Drivers in GTA:O/Singleplayer are far more human in their driving compared to what I see here. I can understand that PD cannot be everywhere but PD enforces traffic laws no matter what, whether it was a NRP driver or not, all of us have to remain in-character at all times, its just how high the rate of those players has risen over the last two months and I personally support anything that minimises or stops it.

Edited by Clara

I know this thread is a little old, but I had to throw in my +1. My character is a 60 year old man, so my "somewhat careful" driving is a little funny. However, after playing on the server for awhile, I noticed that I was literally the only person who was driving with any sense at all. Driving can become a bit boring at times, so I understand why people are trying to get to their destinations as fast as possible, but for the sake of RP, I do agree something should be done about it.

+/- 1

Although I do agree having people driving like a maniac in Money Trucks/buses is absolutely terrifying, and think this could be something possibly addressed, as the rules already have.

What I disagree on is adding even more restrictions to the way people are allowed to play the game. At the end of the day, this is a video game, not real life simulator. I don't think anybody is gonna have any fun driving 80 Km/H and stopping at red lights while playing Grand Theft Auto V.

We're all here to have fun, not be restricted by 1000 rules and restrictions added to make things as realistic as possible. If I wanted that, I would go for a drive in real life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HobGoblin said:

If NPC vehicles were added it would solve this issue.

This is literally the solution, more cars on the road leads to automatically more sensible driving as there are many more obstacles to contend with. You're only going to be speeding and driving recklessly if you have a good reason to.

Example: Evading, Rushing to help someone in a life threatening situation or the vehicle not being yours

If you see someone using driving a work vehicle in a nonRP manner, smashing in to things and not caring feel free to /report. Otherwise there seems to be a larger quantity of LEOs in both PD and SD to help patrol such reckless driving.