Devil

Hakuchou Drag Turning

Hello! I am not sure if this is already a topic or not, but I just got a Hakuchou drag and the turning on it is horrible. I dont think its realistic, as I can not even do a U-Turn in the road. I think it needs to be fixed to fit more realistic factors, as this is horrible.

• Like 1

-1/+1

The Drag's turning was nerfed to be more realistic as most drag bikes IRL are used on straight drag strips. But, Eclipse isn't 1:1 to real life. It would be nice to have the old Drag back, but it is unlikely as it is more realistic now. There are many other good bikes out there though!

1 hour ago, IAmTurtle said:

-1. The bike was previously over powered. The bikes handling was update to make it more realistic for it being a drag racing bike

I'd like to say, its not that overpowered as you can not buy it anymore. If the drag was still in the store then sure it would be OP but it isnt. It is a somewhat rare bike.

1 hour ago, IAmTurtle said:

Bike should only be worth 250k not 3 mil.

Bike wasn’t worth 250k when it was available in dealerships so dunno what ur on about tbh, how’s the vortex which was worth 16k worth more than a drag now ?? Doesn’t make sense, but does that mean I’d want the vortex nerfed ? Personally, no - but was the drag nerf tooo much? Yeah; I believe you think drags are tooo OP because you’d sometimes have hard time chasing them as a cop but they have pros and cons, starting with the small error needed to get yourself injured if you’re not skilled, you’d also barely have enough fuel to actually drive it around and it became more of a tool (after the fuel tank update )  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

Bike should only be worth 250k not 3 mil.

Drag was already nerfed when the fuel tank was reduced along with the new non rp rule for off roading. The bike should be 3 mil, Its an exclusive high performance bike that is no  longer being produced by the manufacturer. +1 to the suggestion should be reverted, Sure its good but you Riggy in PD have other PD members that bought drags for the soul purpose to use in pursuit while on duty. Also have 3 PD supers to your disposal, Newly added Vacca, 811 and T20. T20 being a very good in city vehicle while on pursuits, I've been chased by a T20 and Heli while on my drag while the reduced fuel tank and ran out of fuel being I could shake the Heli.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, RAttlesnake7473 said:

Drag was already nerfed when the fuel tank was reduced along with the new non rp rule for off roading. The bike should be 3 mil, Its an exclusive high performance bike that is no  longer being produced by the manufacturer. +1 to the suggestion should be reverted, Sure its good but you Riggy in PD have other PD members that bought drags for the soul purpose to use in pursuit while on duty. Also have 3 PD supers to your disposal, Newly added Vacca, 811 and T20. T20 being a very good in city vehicle while on pursuits, I've been chased by a T20 and Heli while on my drag while the reduced fuel tank and ran out of fuel being I could shake the Heli.

Yeah let alone cops who own 6+ drags just for the sake of owning them, the wheel lock was an understandable update however the way it was implemented was broken hence why I made a bug report which I got in shit for and right after that the traction was fixed and the turning was fucked, @IAmTurtle if that’s the case then supercars should be worth 600k, comet retros should be in that range as well or at least near 1 mil instead of 20Mil + given that used to be their price before being banned from imports, I hope you don’t take this negatively from me but you’ve personally told me at one point that u have no idea what it’s like to play crim since you’ve been legal -> PD since you started; if you were to play as a criminal and grind up for a drag, you would’ve been impacted by the off-road rules and the new fuel tanks alone 

• Like 8

16 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

I hope you don’t take this negatively from me but you’ve personally told me at one point that u have no idea what it’s like to play crim since you’ve been legal -> PD since you started; if you were to play as a criminal and grind up for a drag, you would’ve been impacted by the off-road rules and the new fuel tanks alone 

I feel this is uncalled for. Both points of view should be valid. If SD/PD came along and replied to you that you just want a get out of jail free card how would you feel? 
We have 2 sides on this server but it's not us vs them. Both sides need to have fun. I can agree that he is not affected by the changes but at least on the SD side you need to have been with the department for some time before getting a certification for a drag. They are also not using personal vehicles. And guess what the departments got these because of how op they were considered to be. Cops owning 6+ drags might also just be a symptom of them being OP and limited. (Because if you have the money and you know they are limited you know it's 6 less (op) drags on the road.)

By yelling this you seriously risk alienating people who play SD or PD.

Second value is not performance. Performance should increase with value but way more goes into it then just plain performance. There is loads of things that could make a car have additional value without straight up getting more performance. Like a kamacho's that can off road nearly anything. Or a mamba that is so low you can go under the toll gates. How much it would cost a theoretical manufacturer to make. Driving comfort? Is it a forgein vehicle? Or something not manufactured anymore? And technicly there is even a price just for the brand name on your car. In real life value does not come from performance either. Or even your circumstances. In general for example convertible's are sold more in hotter climates pickups more in rural area's. Saying vehicle A costs more so should perform better is just an oversimplification imo. And certainly if it's 16K on a 200K+ vehicle. 

Edited by Awan

The reason the performance was altered is the same reason that people for the most part bought it, it was broken compared to the performances of other vehicles. 

Understand people might feel some type of way dropping a mil or two on these bikes and now it’s not the same bike they paid for but in terms of balance, what other option was there? 

We could have had PD Hakuchou Drags added, which you would have hated and thought was non rp.

We could have dealt with it IC which was to permanently impound Hakuchou Drags used in felonies, which you would have hated.

To be honest, this change doesn’t negatively effect me. I don’t own one, I have no need for one. But, people need to understand that the performance of the bike before was not a proper representation of a drag bike and it wasn’t a balanced vehicle. It was a meta vehicle. 

Just to clarify things regarding the handling and the fuel tank nerf, from an IRL standpoint: 

1- Drag bikes have big heavy engines, that's why it's super hard to make them turn. 

2- Since the Drag bikes have big engines, they consume a lot of fuel, so they're not fuel efficient like the sport and street bikes. 

( some drag bikes burn the whole fuel tank in one run on the drag strip )

I understand the frustration, but to be fair, the drag was broken and no one can deny the fact that it was abused.

Edited by Harvs
  • NAY 1

Stop saying the nerf made it realistic. The nerf made it unusable. If we really want to talk about realism, that bike should be accelerating rapidly and hitting crazy speeds. Stop disguising your hatred for the bike as an issue of "realism", although a nerf was necessary it was without a doubt, too extreme.

-1 for buffing the turning/handling.

+1 for buffing the speed and acceleration.

Edited by Ahmed Abraham
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Harvs said:

Just to clarify things regarding the handling and the fuel tank nerf, from an IRL standpoint: 

1- Drag bikes have big heavy engines, that's why it's super hard to make them turn. 

2- Since the Drag bikes have big engines, they consume a lot of fuel, so they're not fuel efficient like the sport and street bikes. 

( some drag bikes burn the whole fuel tank in one run on the drag strip )

I understand the frustration, but to be fair, the drag was broken and no one can deny the fact that it was abused.

Yooo my dude , dont get me wrong you’re bringing up irrelevant facts, let me elaborate; you’re speaking about the drag as if it’s this crazy drag strip vehicle when the top speed can be easily matched by so many sport mid-tier vehicles, has the handling been nerfed but the speed & acceleration for a buff to make it really a “drag bike” I’d understand, but currently it’s simply a very bad bike, unusable fuel tank, can’t turn, and the speed is not that great given how often u need to slow down in turns and even if ur going in a straight line “Draaaaag bike oh” a v8 police cruiser could do 240 when you’d do 200-210 on a drag :):) 

• Like 1

-1 Yes the turning on the bike is terrible but at the same time its how it should be, its a drag bike so it's meant for a straight line. Something they should implement is a higher top speed in my opinion, it keeps a steady 200 km/h on the highway without bumps, but I personally think it should be more 210 km/h. 

9 minutes ago, random1223 said:

-1 Yes the turning on the bike is terrible but at the same time its how it should be, its a drag bike so it's meant for a straight line. Something they should implement is a higher top speed in my opinion, it keeps a steady 200 km/h on the highway without bumps, but I personally think it should be more 210 km/h. 

V8 Cruisers can do 240kmph , how’d u expect a drag bike to be slower going in a straight line 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

“Draaaaag bike oh” a v8 police cruiser could do 240 when you’d do 200-210 on a drag :):) 

Now that's irrelevant. You can't compare a bike with a police cruiser. 

Firstly, the cruiser doesn't have half of the acceleration capability that the drag does. Secondly the top speed of a car/bike depends on the gearing ratio (especially the last gear in the gearbox). A cruiser has a top speed of 240 on the highway when hitting bumps; without bumps, it peaks at 220. The drag on the other hand has a top speed of 200, this is because of the gearing ratio that the drag got. The top speed has nothing to do with the engine size. The cruiser has a V8, like you mentioned above, but it has a low gearing ratio, making it accelerating very slowly but having a high top speed, where the drag has a high gearing ratio, as it should have, so it accelerates so quick but making it have a lower top speed. That's how measuring/setting top speed works IRL and in the actual game. Also you can make a car that has a 4Cylinder engine with 100Hp, but adding low ratio gears to make it go 300Km/h, but to reach that 300Km/h, it would take a minute or two. 

GTA is not real life, but when Rockstar made the game, they tried to use as much real life mechanics as possible and implementing them in their game. 

I'm not trying to argue here, but i'm stating facts. 

Edited by Harvs

52 minutes ago, Harvs said:

Now that's irrelevant. You can't compare a bike with a police cruiser. 

Firstly, the cruiser doesn't have half of the acceleration capability that the drag does. Secondly the top speed of a car/bike depends on the gearing ratio (especially the last gear in the gearbox). A cruiser has a top speed of 240 on the highway when hitting bumps; without bumps, it peaks at 220. The drag on the other hand has a top speed of 200, this is because of the gearing ratio that the drag got. The top speed has nothing to do with the engine size. The cruiser has a V8, like you mentioned above, but it has a low gearing ratio, making it accelerating very slowly but having a high top speed, where the drag has a high gearing ratio, as it should have, so it accelerates so quick but making it have a lower top speed. That's how measuring/setting top speed works IRL and in the actual game. Also you can make a car that has a 4Cylinder engine with 100Hp, but adding low ratio gears to make it go 300Km/h, but to reach that 300Km/h, it would take a minute or two. 

GTA is not real life, but when Rockstar made the game, they tried to use as much real life mechanics as possible and implementing them in their game. 

I'm not trying to argue here, but i'm stating facts. 

A drag bike is faster than a police cruiser by far IRL, yet in game it isn't? Through out all these vehicle nerfs none of them are for pd? 

• NAY 1