Devil

Hakuchou Drag Turning

3 minutes ago, Jleoni said:

Implement gov buy-back program for drags at 2M a pop, after 10, 20+ are sold revert the nerfs. Done.

(And this is someone who has 0 drags and got out of the game at 2.7ish)

I doubt they will do that. Since the nerfs might also have been a way to get the drags out of the hands of people who did get them for play to win reasons.
It's not an idiotic idea to nerf it to buff it back later to get the limited vehicles away from people who just bought it to win.

And giving a buyback negates the idea behind that.

• NAY 1

2 minutes ago, Awan said:

I doubt they will do that. Since the nerfs might also have been a way to get the drags out of the hands of people who did get them for play to win reasons.
It's not an idiotic idea to nerf it to buff it back later to get the limited vehicles away from people who just bought it to win.

And giving a buyback negates the idea behind that.

fine dont un-nerf it, but a buyback program should 100% be implemented for drags (and other items in similar positions)

Just now, Jleoni said:

fine dont un-nerf it, but a buyback program should 100% be implemented for drags (and other items in similar positions)

I mean if what I previously said is true the nerf would be a punishment aimed at those who play to win.
Making a buy back program removes the punishment.

I think there is too much of a "win mentality" with the Drag. Even I am guilty of it...I really wanted to grind for a Drag before I went criminal because of its performance. I soon decided that it would be too much work and I would just not own one. I feel for the people that grinded for that 2-3 million because I know it is a lot of work. However, the sole purpose of the Drag was to win in situations. Yeah, I understand that it is nice to win in situations, but it is an RP server. You should RP your losses and enjoy it. I think the win mentality really showed with the Vortex as well, even I bought one because of its crazy performance and it was cheap. The amount of Vortex's that were around simply because it was found that its performance was amazing screams win mentality. I have slowly drifted away from this win mentality and it is enjoyable. 

I also think that this change really hurts the OGs of the server since the server is far from what they are used to and I applaud the OGs that have stayed through all these changes. I am sure the founders of the server did not expect the server to be what it is today and they are trying to push the server in a somewhat "realistic" approach. I don't think PD should have super cars, but that is for another thread.

RIP to the people who grinded for the Drag though.

TLDR: The Drag was a meta vehicle and there should not be a meta on a roleplay server.

If anything, the turning of the Drag should stay the same, but the acceleration/speed should get a buff.

• Upvote 1

On the issue as it relates to the drag as a "meta vehicle" and that there shouldn't be any use of vehicles for their advantages in an RP game this is purely opinion. Any criminal organization is going to look around at the environment they're working in and seek to find ways to have an advantage. If that means they find a certain vehicle that can help them they will do it and other organizations will pick up on it.  Frankly, PD currently has every advantage and from an RP standpoint the drag was being used in some really fun and interesting ways with crim orgs coming up with very creative  ways to get their people on to the vehicles to escape during a pursuit.  In a situation where a criminal is faced with a long jail sentence and heavy fines why do we expect them not to try and find small advantages to increase their odds of escape? To expect otherwise is unrealistic.  

My honest opinion is the biggest issue with the Drag was it's removal from the stores originally. The bike should have been nerfed at that time instead of removed and creating a runaway second hand market. I think very few people would complain at this point if they hadn't spent ridiculous money on these things. I also agree with the fact that this bike, in reality, should handle like crap. There's nothing about the geometry or purpose of the drag which should make it a nice handling bike. It's basically a muscle car in bike form, meant to go fast in a straight line. However, to nerf it after the fact and remove yet another small edge a criminal player may have to escape capture is not a deterrent to the "win" mentality it's another logical error in what constitutes "reality" in a game. The ultimate result of this, which is already proving out, is more shootouts and ambushes and less pursuits where the person simply just gets away because they manage to creatively get themselves onto a superior vehicle.

Realistically speaking criminals aren't spending their days driving around in pet cars while their doing business. They're buying vehicles which have good utility and value that will help them achieve their business goals. Real drug runners aren't using low riders to make drug deals in the desert. They're not using Kamachos to make deals in the city. To expect groups and individuals to always use a pet car simply to conform to a third party's idea of what the organization's or individual's RP should be is bad for RP and bad for the server in general. To be blunt what I see is the legal entities on the server pushing a narrative that criminals should never win when law enforcement intervenes. This in and unto itself is unrealistic, and considering the size of the map as it relates to the size of the police department the intervention is very high probability and inevitable.

So, in conclusion, please explain why we wouldn't expect criminal entities to seek to find ways to swing these situations to their advantage especially since the "enemy" outnumbers them 5:1, has zero risk, zero cost, and frankly nothing to lose at all in the situation? Unlike cops, realistically speaking, criminals are always on duty, always at risk, and in the current ECRP economy have to constantly grind to just be able to buy fuel, food, and water. One jail sentence not only wipes out a significant portion of a person's bank account, but also prevents them from continuing to make money so it's a double swing. In this case a criminal may own a pet car, but that's not what they're going to drive every day. They're going to find vehicles which will help them avoid prison and keep their business operating.

I realize this thread is about the drag specifically, but the issues around the drag, why it was removed originally, and nerfed eventually are a larger topic than just the vehicle itself. 

• Like 11
  • chill 1

5 hours ago, cheatonus said:

On the issue as it relates to the drag as a "meta vehicle" and that there shouldn't be any use of vehicles for their advantages in an RP game this is purely opinion. Any criminal organization is going to look around at the environment they're working in and seek to find ways to have an advantage. If that means they find a certain vehicle that can help them they will do it and other organizations will pick up on it.  Frankly, PD currently has every advantage and from an RP standpoint the drag was being used in some really fun and interesting ways with crim orgs coming up with very creative  ways to get their people on to the vehicles to escape during a pursuit.  In a situation where a criminal is faced with a long jail sentence and heavy fines why do we expect them not to try and find small advantages to increase their odds of escape? To expect otherwise is unrealistic.  

My honest opinion is the biggest issue with the Drag was it's removal from the stores originally. The bike should have been nerfed at that time instead of removed and creating a runaway second hand market. I think very few people would complain at this point if they hadn't spent ridiculous money on these things. I also agree with the fact that this bike, in reality, should handle like crap. There's nothing about the geometry or purpose of the drag which should make it a nice handling bike. It's basically a muscle car in bike form, meant to go fast in a straight line. However, to nerf it after the fact and remove yet another small edge a criminal player may have to escape capture is not a deterrent to the "win" mentality it's another logical error in what constitutes "reality" in a game. The ultimate result of this, which is already proving out, is more shootouts and ambushes and less pursuits where the person simply just gets away because they manage to creatively get themselves onto a superior vehicle.

Realistically speaking criminals aren't spending their days driving around in pet cars while their doing business. They're buying vehicles which have good utility and value that will help them achieve their business goals. Real drug runners aren't using low riders to make drug deals in the desert. They're not using Kamachos to make deals in the city. To expect groups and individuals to always use a pet car simply to conform to a third party's idea of what the organization's or individual's RP should be is bad for RP and bad for the server in general. To be blunt what I see is the legal entities on the server pushing a narrative that criminals should never win when law enforcement intervenes. This in and unto itself is unrealistic, and considering the size of the map as it relates to the size of the police department the intervention is very high probability and inevitable.

So, in conclusion, please explain why we wouldn't expect criminal entities to seek to find ways to swing these situations to their advantage especially since the "enemy" outnumbers them 5:1, has zero risk, zero cost, and frankly nothing to lose at all in the situation? Unlike cops, realistically speaking, criminals are always on duty, always at risk, and in the current ECRP economy have to constantly grind to just be able to buy fuel, food, and water. One jail sentence not only wipes out a significant portion of a person's bank account, but also prevents them from continuing to make money so it's a double swing. In this case a criminal may own a pet car, but that's not what they're going to drive every day. They're going to find vehicles which will help them avoid prison and keep their business operating.

I realize this thread is about the drag specifically, but the issues around the drag, why it was removed originally, and nerfed eventually are a larger topic than just the vehicle itself. 

I actually really like this explanation. You honestly changed my point of view. I kind of thought it was more of constantly riding the best vehicle at ALL TIMES, but the way how you explained it as a tool. That definitely makes sense. Like you would probably use your lore vehicle if you are chilling...then maybe use a Kamacho to check drug labs...have a Drag setup for evasion..a low-key vehicle to deliver drugs. 

• Like 2