Appelgi

The Drag - Hatred for the bike?

7 minutes ago, PhenomenalX said:

To get the drag it wasn't easy to get your hands onto, you needed to grind for months.

And the server has been around for three years. Let's not pretend the Drag was a rare sight. Triads were posting pictures with 25 drags a year ago now. It was (and probably still is) the most common motorbike on the server, simply because of its performance and ability to lose people in chases.

5 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

And the server has been around for three years. Let's not pretend the Drag was a rare sight. Triads were posting pictures with 25 drags a year ago now. It was (and probably still is) the most common motorbike on the server, simply because of its performance and ability to lose people in chases.

Your mentioning an old time which some of those players have bought the drag for a cheap price, these players have quit or was banned from the server. Not only it decreased the amount of drags in the server but nowadays the price is around 2.5 million which it isn't easy to get at all. You cannot compare simpler times with this generation of eclipse, I would also like to point out, yes it's hard to catch a guy on a drag but it possible, myself have been caught multiple times on it. 

Edited by PhenomenalX
  • Like 3

Imo, none of the gripes here should be about "losing a 2.5M asset." Most of the people selling drags did not pay 2.5M for it, its perceived value is only that high because of OOC actions from the staff and dev teams. Now more OOC actions are affecting the player economy, but it's moving it back in the right direction where a bike that was 300k stock is no longer worth 2.5M for resell.

All I see being done to the drag is making it more realistic. With the spinning tire, if you full throttle any kind of sports vehicle in real life from a dead stop, you're going to get hella wheel spin. Fix to this? Throttle control with a controller (maybe tapping the w-key would also work, no idea). With the turning radius, as many have said before me, it's a drag bike. These things aren't meant to turn well! Sorry you got so used to them being unrealistic.

I'll forego any comments on its affects to crim/PD relations as I'm fairly uninvolved with that on my character. Just hope crims realize there are still plenty of options for escaping, just gotta learn how to best use the tools at your disposal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The only criminal's advantage has been ruined. Drag was the only way that criminals could escape from the PD/SD. Also, that was so expensive and all of the players couldn't afford it. Criminals used to work hard to buy a drag for many weeks and months and they couldn't buy that from dealerships, this made that fair enough for both PD and criminals because there weren't many drags.

Edited by KiaNNoX

In my opinion, there aren’t plenty of options left to escape police, especially with the current climate of how PD operate. If you are a previous felon 9 times out of 10 if you get pulled over for something as small as a speeding ticket, you’ll be asked to step out. This most of the time results in evasion where you have a helicopter and supers on you within 2 minutes. I feel the drag was a bike that criminals had a goal to achieve and was a good asset for criminals in police chases. The realism argument is so selective and makes absolutely no sense to apply it to the drag, especially when to my knowledge no one was publicly advocating for a nerf. I think realism is good thing but it should be applied in more different areas of the server than vehicles. I also don’t think buying a vehicle because of the stats is a bad thing, if you want a vehicle that’s fast then you should get it, no one buys a vehicle solely off looks. I still think there are some ways to escape cops, but not much, whether it be strategy or just a good driver. But I also think there should be “OP” vehicles because it provides an achievable goal. There’s always going to be new vehicles that arise that are also going to be considered “OP”, are they going to be nerfed as well?

Edited by Rekamon
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Drag certainly was the best 'item' on the server, and quite common as well. 

Regardless, it's very disheartening to see items that players spent many irl hours of grinding to obtain, and certainly several players have quit regarding it. Many players have lost 300hrs+ of grinding time due to these nerfs, and it's really disappointing that OOC nerfs can cause such repercussions on players.

Easy option would be to offer a government buy-back program of say 2.5M a pop, which also removes the drag from the economy, while not screwing people who invested heavily into the bikes.

Another option would be elevated impound/mors costs, and extended durations. (Say mors from 4 hours after chop to 40, and same duration on drag retrieval from impound

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rekamon said:

I also don’t think buying a vehicle because of the stats is a bad thing, if you want a vehicle that’s fast then you should get it, no one buys a vehicle solely off looks.

I don't think factoring in vehicle stats to your vehicle purchasing decisions is a bad thing, but it shouldn't be the only factor in someone's decision. If people are treating this server like a pvp server and focusing on a "meta," then they should expect nerfs and buffs like you see regularly in pvp games. If people feel like they lost hours of grinding, then it's clear they perceived some kind of meta on the server, which I really just don't think there should be on an RP server. If you didn't have any focus on a vehicle meta on the server, then you should have nothing to be distressed about with your latest purchase. Congrats! You own a multi-million dollar Japanese drag bike! Genuinely a very cool vehicle!

Also the claim that nobody buys a vehicle solely off of looks is patently false. Plenty of people use their vehicles' looks or branding for RP purposes. Why would anyone buy a lowrider if they didn't care about the looks when its stats are ass? Personally speaking, I help run a street racing group and almost exclusively drive a regular Comet because my character has insane brand loyalty to Pfister. Is the Comet the best sports car? Absolutely not, I'd be seconds faster on every track if I bought a paragon. But I still go out and race in my Comet and perform respectably while still having enjoyable RP. Even compounding on that idea, I've driven both a Comet Retro and the Comet SR on this server, and they drive like dogshit in my opinion compared to the regular Comet - the retro understeers like a Rapid GT and just completely loses itself on bumps and curbs, and the SR feels like it has a worse engine than the regular Comet. OOCly, I hate them and don't want them, but ICly I still aspire to own one of each one day because it's what my character would do.

At the end of the day, I get it, we're playing a video game right? When I get on GTA Online and race, I wouldn't be caught dead in a car that's not meta for its class. But when I'm on this server, I value my character development over winning, and a very valuable part of that is choosing what kind of vehicles my character would likely drive.
Really hope I'm not coming off as condescending or disrespectful here, just trying to express disagreement.

• Like 1
  • NAY 1
  • Confused 1

@Speed Racer as much as I respect what you said but this is mainly cuz you RP as a civilian. You dont chase nor get chased, you have nothing at stake except for maybe a race bid.

8 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

If people feel like they lost hours of grinding, then it's clear they perceived some kind of meta on the server, which I really just don't think there should be on an RP server.

Isnt that what everyone does on the server and also IRL? Grind for hours and days to get what the promotions or assets you want? Try RPing as a criminal on an alt character, dont grind, and please let us know how far you'll go.

11 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Why would anyone buy a lowrider if they didn't care about the looks when its stats are ass?

Low riders only come out for RP reasons, they dont actively use it. And it didnt cost them 2 mil.

Back to the main topic, the drag nerf was definitely not needed and the only reason one can come up with is to make it easier for PD to do their job. "The realism argument is so selective and makes absolutely no sense" as @Rekamon said.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

All I see being done to the drag is making it more realistic. With the spinning tire, if you full throttle any kind of sports vehicle in real life from a dead stop, you're going to get hella wheel spin. Fix to this? Throttle control with a controller (maybe tapping the w-key would also work, no idea). With the turning radius, as many have said before me, it's a drag bike. These things aren't meant to turn well! Sorry you got so used to them being unrealistic.

I like that most people here are saying that its "realistic" now, and its only good for the community. I dont agree, as its been here for so long, why was it allowed on the server, and for so long? Why is there not a "crack-down" of overpowered, and unrealistic vehicles? Why is it focused ONLY on the drag? 

Alright. Make it realistic then, increase the max speed as the drag realistically doesn't go 200, but more. I think its fair if the current bike is kept like this, the max speed should increase, or just have the "realistic" features adjusted. 

Edited by Appelgi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/12/2021 at 3:06 PM, KiaNNoX said:

The only criminal's advantage has been ruined. Drag was the only way that criminals could escape from the PD/SD. Also, that was so expensive and all of the players couldn't afford it. Criminals used to work hard to buy a drag for many weeks and months and they couldn't buy that from dealerships, this made that fair enough for both PD and criminals because there weren't many drags.

You can lose PD on any superbike if you drive it right. Bati and Double-T have great handling, and in a dense area (such as vinewood hills), you can lose PD with the right turns.

The reason the Drag was "Targeted" is because every criminal player/gang makes the drag to be the "meta" bike. If you think about it, before the NRP driving sports vehicles up hills change, the Drag was just perfect for everything. Off road? Got it. Scout? Got it. Easy escape? Got it. This made it so everyone wanted to get the drag, even if it broke the gang's roleplay story and theme. This is a push, from the admins, to make gangs and criminals try and explore other options! We have so many vehicles, and yet the holy trinity is: Hakuchou Drag, F-620, Comet Retro. It seems to me no one is willing to roleplay their gang stories out and instead keep looking for the next "OP" vehicle so they can become rich fast and escape easier.

2 hours ago, Swittzy said:

The reason the Drag was "Targeted" is because every criminal player/gang makes the drag to be the "meta" bike. If you think about it, before the NRP driving sports vehicles up hills change, the Drag was just perfect for everything. Off road? Got it. Scout? Got it. Easy escape? Got it. This made it so everyone wanted to get the drag, even if it broke the gang's roleplay story and theme. This is a push, from the admins, to make gangs and criminals try and explore other options! We have so many vehicles, and yet the holy trinity is: Hakuchou Drag, F-620, Comet Retro. It seems to me no one is willing to roleplay their gang stories out and instead keep looking for the next "OP" vehicle so they can become rich fast and escape easier.

The drag was nerfed technically when nonrp offroading was introduced, then with the fuel tanks as well, it became more of a tool than a vehicle to drive around 24/7 as it wasnt reliable for that, then it recently became unusable - the way the "City's" roleplay is currently, is similar to a police state, with prison sentences lasting 5+ hours OOC ( where you AFK and can't find roleplay unless in rare situations) it's hard to "Roleplay your character / gang " the way you are saying + you realize there's escalation and build up from the point you're a small time criminal grinding till the point you reach having 2.5 mil + to spare on a vehicle to purchase the drag.

• Like 2