Rukicake

Hack Bans.( A hacking investigations team needed)

8 minutes ago, apologisemeow said:

This is something a cheater would say, in all seriousness some people have been banned in this latest ban wave and have admitted to using cheats so why should we believe you or anyone else who's been banned recently ?

i wont argue with the most known ic scammer on the server. and when i have u apol o conner scammer 🙂

i used to play a game called barn buddy when i was 10 and i used to hack in that as i remember . i then started playing csgo and dota which i would not cheat on due to the competition , i played samp for 10 years i didnt hack because its not hackble but because i am smart enough to know u get auto banned for hacking same with eclipse i know how advanced the system is so i wouldnt hack on rage.

lets say for example ballin used hacks on temple run does that mean ballin uses hacks on eclipse?

apol o conner is a scammer in game. does it make him an italian tech scammer irl? 

arguement is kinda bad 

Edited by Rukicake
  • NAY 1

Anti-cheat mitigates the risks/advantages a player who has 'mods' installed has gained or might have gained whilst using them.

I am sure in an ideal world the server would have staff review every case individually by means of independent review. This being a project run by two founding developers and a comparatively small staff team (in proportion to active players) is simply unable to do this: hence the requirement for anti-cheat. 

If people using mods have them installed and are detected by the system then it is easy for them to submit a review with evidence their conduct caused no harm to the server.  The risk of harm both in size and proportion created by a cheater/hacker (whichever term you wish to use) to the server is far greater with no system in place than having one and it having false positives.

Edited by Beet

+1 Doesn't make sense for this many people to get banned on a ROLEPLAY server, let's not forget the fact this isn't a FPS game and there is hardly any gain in even cheating on this server. I could slightly understand if it was just criminals who where receiving these bans as they are the ones who are mainly involved in daily shootouts and cheating would somewhat help them gain an advantage but the fact I've now seen some people who are just here for the roleplay, PD players, DOC guards and fishermen! it doesn't really add up. Furthermore, It doesn't feel like it's even being taken fairly, people are being told to appeal with honesty, but when they appeal, they are made out like they are lying and a fool even if they are genuinely honest and I can assure you some of these players that I am close with did not cheat. Lastly, none of these appeals have even had any proof surrounding them other than the fact that the 'cheat' was detected and the appeal is denied, I'm no genius but this certainly isn't some major corporation anti-cheat system and the likely hood that there are flaws in the system or false detections is highly likely, these are all just claims from myself and you may have the best anti cheat in the world who knows! A lot of people including myself hardly even want to log in after having long time friends / community members just banned...

1 minute ago, Copperhorse said:

Don't think anyone who is injecting cheats into any game should be allowed on Eclipse. People with that mindset to cheat should be barred from playing because they will be tempted to cheat here as well.

That's the dumbest concept I have heard 

Edited by Kamiwar
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Copperhorse said:

Don't think anyone who is injecting cheats into any game should be allowed on Eclipse. People with that mindset to cheat should be barred from playing because they will be tempted to cheat here as well.

Some of the people that got banned were not actually cheating and got banned because the anti cheat detected it. How would you feel if you got false banned after spending months into this server

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustTabed said:

Some of the people that got banned were not actually cheating and got banned because the anti cheat detected it. How would you feel if you got false banned after spending months into this server

Well it depends on what the anti-cheat is doing. If it's banning people for having cheating tools open even if it's not for GTA V then I'm fine with banning them. You shouldn't be using cheating software while having GTA V open. If it's banning people who literally have no cheating tools on their PC then obviously it's a problem cause you can't really do anything to prevent getting banned.

1 minute ago, JustTabed said:

This accurately represents my case. I get where Copperhorse is coming from, I used to have GTA online cheats which I probably used 3 or 4 times at most, and I only installed them to try cheats out as I had never used them before. I didn't like it and I forgot to delete it from my PC, and about a month or two later I am banned. I have spent over 1k hours on this server and I purely play to roleplay, not to win. I just don't see why I would cheat on a roleplay server honestly, especially as PD as currently not much happens if I lose

2 minutes ago, true03 said:

This accurately represents my case. I get where Copperhorse is coming from, I used to have GTA online cheats which I probably used 3 or 4 times at most, and I only installed them to try cheats out as I had never used them before. I didn't like it and I forgot to delete it from my PC, and about a month or two later I am banned. I have spent over 1k hours on this server and I purely play to roleplay, not to win. I just don't see why I would cheat on a roleplay server honestly, especially as PD as currently not much happens if I lose

Well, anti-cheat is designed to detect cheats regardless. How is the server able to know whether you did or did not intend to cheat on Rage MP?

You download and install the mods - you take the risks.

Edited by Beet
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, apologisemeow said:

Yes one guy already admitted to cheating what just because your best friend said he doesn't use cheats well he must be telling the truth then so why was he correctly banned but everyone else well they are innocent.  

HUH? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I don't get why you think 60+ people are going to blatantly cheat on an RP server lmao, especially consistent members of the community. Maybe some people were banned for actually cheating, fair enough, but what about the people who are clearly sincere and persistent with the fact they didn't cheat, it would be impressive if 60 people telepathically came together to lie about NOT cheating lmao, you clearly don't understand the issue at hand here, therefore don't comment

• Like 6

Just now, Beet said:

Well, anti-cheat is designed to detect cheats regardless. How is the server able to know whether you did or did not intend to cheat on Rage MP?

I'm pretty sure that the cheats I installed is not even what is triggering the anti-cheat. That is literally the only thing I could imagine is causing it, but I can guarantee I have never injected it or used it on Rage MP. I'm certain that there is something else causing these false positives as I have never used any cheats on eclipse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beet said:

This is exactly the issue here, people like you bluntly and ignorantly saying this kind of stuff. Do you understand people didn't have mods whatsoever and are still getting banned? Are you really that ignorant to the point where you don't even think for a second that there's a fault here due to the circumstances?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, true03 said:

I'm pretty sure that the cheats I installed is not even what is triggering the anti-cheat. That is literally the only thing I could imagine is causing it, but I can guarantee I have never injected it or used it on Rage MP. I'm certain that there is something else causing these false positives as I have never used any cheats on eclipse.

same. 

I am not here with intent to argue, but I would just like to say that I'm pretty sure Rage MP comes with an anti cheat itself, meaning it would not even be possible for me to inject cheats. Either way, there are not many features you can use as they are specific to GTA online and eclipse has an entirely different database and code.

1 minute ago, Beet said:

Well that's the point isn't it? How is the anti-cheat going to know if he "guaranteed" he never injected it or not? Can the anti-cheat detect human intent? No. Of course not. 

I say it again:

You install the mods - you take the risks.

Wha about people like me that had 0 mods or hacks and still got banned?

1 minute ago, Dara orkonson said:

HUH? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I don't get why you think 60+ people are going to blatantly cheat on an RP server lmao, especially consistent members of the community. Maybe some people were banned for actually cheating, fair enough, but what about the people who are clearly sincere and persistent with the fact they didn't cheat, it would be impressive if 60 people telepathically came together to lie about NOT cheating lmao, you clearly don't understand the issue at hand here, therefore don't comment

The anti cheat has detected cheats that isnt to say people cheated on Eclipse itself maybe on another server/regular GTA but it has detected them but i don't get why the burden of proof should fall on the admins, what's to say people didn't cheat elsewhere and/or Eclipse.

• NAY 1