Rukicake

Hack Bans.( A hacking investigations team needed)

Just now, apologisemeow said:

The anti cheat has detected cheats that isnt to say people cheated on Eclipse itself maybe on another server/regular GTA but it has detected them but i don't get why the burden of proof should fall on the admins, what's to say people didn't cheat elsewhere and/or Eclipse.

I hope you get banned for this "cheating" thingy and then we will see what you say 🙂

Edited by Daku

+1 some of these bans are justified but most aren't, when the anti cheat flags a person, thats when devs/ senior staff should go through their logs and try to find hard proof of at least one or more instances of the player cheating, hard proof no stipulations. This could be done in multiple ways, logs of shootouts with their health/damage they have dealt to other players. Also there could be a way to look into people using an esp too, from what I've heard the majority of people using esp are abusing the hunting for quick money, admins could look into the amount of time people are killing an harvesting animals and if there is many instances of them finding these animals too fast/right when they spawn then it could be deemed using esp. but all these people being banned and no proof being given in their punishment's appeals is not right. its like throwing someone in jail irl, with no proof backing and it needs to stop and proof needs to be found before the ban not after when they are trying to appeal their ban.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gmtavares said:

Wha about people like me that had 0 mods or hacks and still got banned?

That is what the appeal process is for. 

Again, the system is there to protect the sever as a whole from cheating. If it detects you as a false positive then this is of course not ideal and obviously disrupts your playtime etc. Ideally no one would be detected as a false positive I am sure, but that is simply not possible with the current anti-cheat. 

First of all, it is a serious violation of the ECLIPSE ROLEPLAY server rules to play in our server with any type of unfair mods or cheating software installed. To clarify, this is purely applied to any player who joins the server with the retained ability to activate their mod/trainer/cheat menu on demand, if the need (or desire) to do that ever comes up. If we detect any active unauthorized software on your computer, we will exercise our right to ban your account regardless of whether you had the opportunity to take advantage of the then active cheating software. This rule is needed because it is easier to detect and ban cheaters and they cannot use the "I had an active cheat menu while playing, but I did not use it" excuse as a loophole, which is a good excuse, since some of cheating software features are impossible or difficult to detect, in fact, some of the cheats of this day are so sophisticated, that they will not even show on the cheater's self-made recordings or even live streams, even if the cheater sees the cheats on their own monitor. This also explains my reply to Ruki that has been uploaded into the original post, where I had told him that I do not know whether he used the cheats, but I know that he had the ability to activate any cheat on demand which is against our rules.

Players must not have mods, trainers, or any kind of software installed that gives any advantage.

Furthermore, all the players banned in the recent wave, have all been banned for active unauthorized software, which is dedicated to cheating on FiveM and RAGE Multiplayer and which has been used a lot lately on our server. No player has been banned for Counter-Strike cheats, inactive cheats on their PC (which had not been injected or otherwise activated on RAGE) or other irrelevant software. Players could notice at times that we are reluctant to share the entirety of the details in relation to the anti-cheat, but this is because catching a cheater is like a game of Hide & Seek, we can't reveal that information without helping the cheaters to hide themselves better in the future.

We know that the anti-cheat works, since several of the banned players already have admitted to using cheats (or having active cheats) while playing on ECLIPSE ROLEPLAY. Since the most common defense of any cheater is deceit, doubt and lies, honest players are currently in the best position to get a second chance and return to the server if they promise not to break the rule ever again. We will not take action or doubt the anti-cheat based of "I did not do it, I swear" claims unless there is undeniable evidence (which can also be reproduced by our staff) that the anti-cheat is inaccurate, however, currently that is not the case.

I have locked the thread, because "+1" posts are not going to change anything and, therefore, I believe this thread to be redundant.

EDIT: if you want to prove your innocence, you can upload and include evidence in your ban appeals.

• Like 27
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 6