Doliz

Drug Selling Prices too low.

On my criminal, I mostly cook drugs. Robbing people just isn't worth it anymore, in my opinion, and I have no real interest in joining a large official gang. I've had a lot of experience with cooking since the new updates came out for it. Now I can't speak for people ordering materials to make drugs that require imports, again because only official gang members can order these things (which I also highly disagree with. Anybody should be able to earn influence with the new NPC's and place orders for certain things IMO, but that's another topic).

So after the most recent update, it appears the the drug prices have been nerfed a bit. I run a pretty large setup for cooking, more than most. Even with my setup I could still make more money per hour going to the mines and just mining ores, mining oil, or damn near make as much or more depending how many tables you run just standing at the pier fishing safely. It makes no sense that I can make more money, much safer, doing these petty jobs than I can make investing a ton of money into drug tables, ventilators, and the huge risk of both PD and criminals being able to take it all at some point.

With cooking you need to go around and collect plants. It's not easy to do most of the time because criminals are watching the only 4 places you can get plants on the server.  Very risky to get robbed. Then you need to collect other materials as well. This takes another hour. Then spend money on more materials.  Add in all the time you spend driving around gathering materials, then take a hour to cook everything, and in that time frame I could have made more doing the other jobs. Once it's all finally back at home, cooked, and ready to sell, there is a huge risk of other criminals seeing the drug sale and robbing you for all the money.

The old system's pricing went higher at certain times. You still had to wait for a good price, and there's still a good chance other criminals would be on the lookout for you selling. It should be a high risk, high reward system. Right now I have all but quit cooking drugs on my criminal since the new update, because it's now a High risk, mediocre reward thing to do. Official gangs don't have any interest in paying more for it, they just tell me that the influence boost isn't worth paying more for the drugs to them.

For an example: Let's take Crack. The highest sell price for Crack I've seen since the newest update is $620. To make crack you need to spend $200 per crack. So that brings the profit to $420. I need to spend about an hour going around and collecting 4 bags of plants. Then I need to spend an hour collecting 4 bags of Sodium from the mines. Add 1 more hour for all of the prior driving, and driving to Humane labs to buy the 4 bags each of the 2 other materials needed. If someone uses 24 drug tables (again, most people don't this many even as it's a huge risk/investment) that takes 1 hour to cook.

By using the HIGHEST selling price available, in roughly 4 hours you can make 96 crack, and sell it for a profit of $40,320 (Remember, it cost $19,200 for the materials to cook, so minus that from the total sale price of $59,520) . So about $10k per hour for all of that risk, work, and investment? May as well stand at the pier and make basically the same amount fishing with a $500 pole. This is also using a 24 table system that most people won't be using, as it's a large investment/risk. If someone is cooking with even 12 tables, they are going to make considerably less than somebody fishing or mining. Doesn't make much sense to risk it anymore.

Edited by Doliz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 15

The system and monetary values are still the same, however mass quantities can no longer be sold at once allowing people to shift market demand. 

Instead of adjusting pricing, I'd rather an option to sell in larger quantities was provided. 

Profit is still made on every type of drug at almost any time of selling it. 

The system and monetary values are still the same, however mass quantities can no longer be sold at once allowing people to shift market demand. 

Instead of adjusting pricing, I'd rather an option to sell in larger quantities was provided. 

The system and monetary values are not the same. Selling 200 of one drug does not boost the prices of other drugs by $100 as it used to be.

The ability to sell via Phantoms (2500 vol) at once and the ability to manipulate the prices should be reverted back to where they were.

Edited by Copperhorse

I have personally checked multiple times every day since the update dropped. Not once has it been over $620 from any dealer NPC I've been to. It has been lower than $620, so it does adjust, but regardless of people selling any other drug, it never goes above that price. I'm all ears if anybody can show otherwise but from my own research it's been nerfed.

I have personally checked multiple times every day since the update dropped. Not once has it been over $620 from any dealer NPC I've been to. It has been lower than $620, so it does adjust, but regardless of people selling any other drug, it never goes above that price. I'm all ears if anybody can show otherwise but from my own research it's been nerfed.

It's more like it doesn't go above $700. I've seen it above $620.

+1 We can't sell more than 50 volume now at a time. 😞

I honestly didn't even know this, because I haven't bothered selling the stuff I had cooked yet as the prices were never worth it. This just adds on to the nerfing of drug cooking and makes it even less worth investing into and risking money and time on. This isn't a terrible change, you can still load it into a vehicle or bag I'm guessing and move it one stack at a time?  Still, the prices alone make it not worth it in my opinion compared to easier, equal paying jobs with no real risk.

Edited by Doliz

+1 Feel myself at a standstill with my main char who naturally found himself into farming, selling and then cooking drugs to sell, so I made an alt and made almost 100k chopping cars in a day or so, it seems kind of unbalanced.

EDIT: Not a part of the main suggestion

Edited by Kjaer

+1 I'm gonna support this with a PD suggestion/perspective in mind. Generally increase the money paid out by selling drugs. However, make it harder to cook large amount of drugs without risk. 

Something like if X amount of tables is present in house/apartment/RV they will need Y amount of ventilators and Z amount of water bottles to produce without risk of blowing up. Furthermore, past X,Y,Z amount of ventilators the cooling effects would cease to exist and only output would keep rising

(Example: 1 ventilator and 2 bottles for 5 tables will have a higher chance of blowing up than 2 ventilators and 5 bottles for 5 tables. However, having 10 ventilators and 25 water for 50 tables would only output more drugs and would have no affect on safety, increasing the risk)

My thought process behind this is to allow those who want to be risky to run very large operations at an obvious benefit as they will gain much more money. However, huge operations will also have a significantly higher risk, one which can not be solved by adding more water or having more ventilators. This way, people have three options, they keep their cooking to a small scale which yields low output with low risk, they can choose to split their cooking houses into several small ones for added output and low risk (However, having more locations might prove to be more of a burden in the long-term) or they can go all out and have a massive cooking facility, where output is high, but the risk of something blowing up or smoke being detected is very high. However, there needs to be an incentive for something so high-risk like the last option. This could be done by increasing drug yield by a certain % past a certain amount of tables being placed.

I don't have official stats on this, but as far as I know, PD doesn't get a lot of 911 calls for what seems to be a massive amount of people cooking meth, cocaine, heroin, etc. It all depends on whether people are happy with how things are now, or want added revenue with a bit of risk involved.

Edited by Kyle White Raven
  • Like 1

+1 in my opinion I thought the old prices were too low the way the economy is you would make a shit ton more non stop selling dope than fishing trust me I know a lot of drug dealers if they know what they doing they make a shit ton of money so compared to the economy I think the prices should go even higher than the previous prices.