John Kovach

1. Trucking Jobs / 2. Rent fee for renting a truck

Hi,

1. We need more jobs for truck drivers.... we need jobs that will allow us to earn a living. That will give us back that money that we invest in our own trucks. 
So we can pay for our fuel, pay tolls, repairs. Maybe we could work hard and buy a house etc... Trucks can also look cool when you pimp them up... just like cars and motorbikes.
Trucks are important for everyday operations in the whole San andreas Republic.

Few ideas for jobs:
- we could deliver all the wood from forest to wood plant in the city and then in Port for export
- crude oil from desert to the oil refinery and then to storage where it could be collected and delivered to gas stations. 
- if I'm right in our city is a lot of cooking going on, so we could deliver all the cooking products from port to the humane labs chemical store.

I'm working on presentation with images so you could see the routes. 

2. Trucks at the trucking yard should not be for free. You are renting, so you need to pay a fee, it's not fair to truck owners who need to refuel and repair their trucks from their own pockets!

logo.jpg.25a78d2fe14b641817222fa4f8dd1c68.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

+1, have my own thread on this as well.

Also a few suggestions of my own for possible semi-automated ordering or maybe ordered by high rank faction execs.

1. LSPD, LSSD, DCC, LSMC, and Bayview Mechanics should be ordering fuel for the vehicles.
  2. DOC should run out of supplies and should have to be refilled by delivery (adds some RP opportunity to prison breaks likely)

• Like 5
  • NAY 1

Been doing a bit more trucking and weighing on on this more.

I agree with the rent, but if there are going to be so few jobs to go around, have it subtracted from the job fee. Or better yet give a bonus to drivers who use their own trucks and say the rental fee is built in to the job price and "reimburse" people who have their own.

We really do need more jobs, even adding in some NPC driven ones a few times a day. Like have us drive oil from the oil mines to the refinery and not just from the refinery to the stations. Script some buildings as something like a "Poland Springs" and have us take water to the depot to resupply the depot, or to a soda plant for them to make soda that we also take to the depot. Have us go to the farms and get milk or barley to take to bottling plants or distilleries. Just ideas, for NPC missions that help build the story of how the stores/stations get supplied.

• Like 2

Not sure on the rental fees. 4/5 times that I take a truck and check for a job their are none available, so I would be paying a rental fee to not work. 

Secondly, any rental fee will make a job that's already not worth it, worth even less. 1k for 10-15 minutes work, and taking away a rental fee would be horrible.

8 minutes ago, freshprinceIE said:

Not sure on the rental fees. 4/5 times that I take a truck and check for a job their are none available, so I would be paying a rental fee to not work. 

Secondly, any rental fee will make a job that's already not worth it, worth even less. 1k for 10-15 minutes work, and taking away a rental fee would be horrible.

That's why I think it should be understood that the rental fee is already included in the payout of the job as opposed to a fee assessed for taking a vehicle..
What should happen is that people using their own trucks get an additional bonus to offset the operating cost of using their own vehicle. Since they have to pay for their own fuel, as opposed to those of us who just go to the yard and request a new truck when its empty.

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn

5 minutes ago, freshprinceIE said:

Hi, The rental fee would just work if we would have a scenario jobs,(permanent jobs, when drivers could earn living).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ArrtaMyrdhyn said:

That's why I think it should be understood that the rental fee is already included in the payout of the job as opposed to a fee assessed for taking a vehicle..
What should happen is that people using their own trucks get an additional bonus to offset the operating cost of using their own vehicle. Since they have to pay for their own fuel, as opposed to those of us who just go to the yard and request a new truck when its empty.

Also good idea... any of this ways would be good 

2 hours ago, Andrexea said:

+1 on this, couple other threads on this topic as well, we seriously need some love for truckers and shop owners shouldnt be able to to put in orders that pay so little.  Your not gonna tell me they can only afford 1k for an entire load of fuel... its insulting.

I don't have any information about how do orders work , but I think that shop owners don't have any order regulations they can pay as much as they feel like. And I can't believe that they think that they can pay us 2000$ for 100 000l of fuel...yes this things are insulting. We also don't have an information how much do they pay per 1l of fuel or for any other stuff. GOV need to create a fair ordering system. 

On 7/26/2020 at 11:54 PM, Kjaer said:

+1, have my own thread on this as well.

Also a few suggestions of my own for possible semi-automated ordering or maybe ordered by high rank faction execs.

1. LSPD, LSSD, DCC, LSMC, and Bayview Mechanics should be ordering fuel for the vehicles.
  2. DOC should run out of supplies and should have to be refilled by delivery (adds some RP opportunity to prison breaks likely)

Hello, imagine if my ambulance runs out of fuel and I don't have anything to respond to calls this would make chaos in the city, futhermore truckers have a tendency of strikes so I am giving -1 for the first thing you mentioned, but the second one sounds pretty good. 🙂 Thats my opinion have a nice day.

I actually had some really good ideas for trucking routes that I had planned to write up as well as map out as well. Since I saw this and had some time on my hands, I'd drop it here. These would be random or when supplies reach a specific player deposit and 'ordered' by NPCs.

Here are all the items players 'collect' and turn in. Players would need to turn in 000 of said item, to trigger an "NPC order" from that location to another specific/random location. Pay would be based on load amount and distance needed to keep it balanced and interesting. All truckers would still need to pick up the designated trailer from the trailer yard in the city, maybe one can be added in Paleto.

Player contributed NPC orders.

• Food
    • Pickup location from a farmer drop off.
    • Deliver to (randomly selected)
      • Other drop off
      • Butchery
      • Grove Supermarket
      • Any Restaurant
  • Meat
    • Pickup from butcher.
      • Grove Supermarket
      • Farm
      • Any Restaurant
  • Oil
    • Pickup from oil drop off.
      • Gas supply station
      • Vehicle supply station
      • Any non-scripted gas station
      • Any mechanic shop
  • Ore
    • Pickup from refinery drop off.
      • Vehicle supply station
      • YouTool
      • Any construction site
  • Wood
    • Pickup from wood mill drop off.
      • Vehicle supply station
      • Furniture store
      • YouTool

NPC randomly generated hourly.

• Chemicals
    • Pickup from Humane Labs.
    • Delivered to (randomly selected)
      • Any random hospital
      • Any supply stations
      • Any drop off locations
  • Equipment
    • Pickup from Military Base (Fort Zancudo) or Shipyard.
      • Any random precinct
      • The refinery
      • Any airport
      • Any farm
      • YouTool
  • Tools
    • Pickup from YouTool.
      • Any construction site
      • Any airport
      • Any farm

Any/All Items above can also be delivered to the following locations via part of its random delivery selection.

• Shipyard
  • Supply Station
  • Humane Labs
  • Dump

I loved long haul trucking when I first started on the server, really hope it can make a comeback.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 8/1/2020 at 10:52 AM, Xoza said:

I loved long haul trucking when I first started on the server, really hope it can make a comeback.

yes yes yes, this would add so much to trucking jobs!!

I also visit all the drop off and loading spots, I have some screenshots will upload soon.

Edited by John Kovach

Trucking Job (OIL) "NPC ORDERS"

1. To start you need to spawn the trailer for a job, from no.1 on the MAP.

1_oil.thumb.png.c157d03f0878ffc56dba606a03b5b78e.png

2. Drive all the way to oil fields and fill the trailer with crude oil. no.2 on the MAP(wait for a 15-30s to fill up).1853010607_Screenshot2020-08-02at10_18_53.png.d979ae26f45abfc137eaa4c4b1f4f64e.png

3. Deliver the crude oil to Refinery, when oil delivered. Wait for 15-30s to fill trailer with GAS. No.3 on the MAP

1612232708_oil3.thumb.png.e706bd1e7bf62f4c04a5acb03ff388cd.png

4. Take a GAS to the gas storage in the port, where later can be collected to be delivered to the gas stations. No.4 on the MAP

1238705479_oil4.thumb.png.9f2fba0b5580049dd9d71cdd947a0543.png

MAP FOR OIL JOB:

https://imgur.com/xH3H6WB

We should keep everything as simple as possible, so that developers actually think about helping us.

I will post also, timber job, fish job, humane lab job, farming job.

Few questions for all:

- please comment (keep it simple! )

- how do we make difference in payments for truck owners and people who rent a truck.?

-   should every job have different location for trailer spawn?

- how do we set price list  for all the jobs that we do for businesses in city??? (at the moment they choose how much do they pay us for a job...)

- what should be waiting time at the locations when loading the cargo? ( 15s. 30s, 1minute etc...)

- should cargo have a damage count? (more you damage a cargo less you get paid). 

Thanks for reading! Thor Smith

logo.jpg.aab7bfbbb241ae0959440453447c6f3e.jpg

1 hour ago, John Kovach said:

2. Drive all the way to oil fields and fill the trailer with crude oil. no.2 on the MAP(wait for a 15-30s to fill up).1853010607_Screenshot2020-08-02at10_18_53.png.d979ae26f45abfc137eaa4c4b1f4f64e.png

This one needs to change. Players can already collect oil in drums, so you would want to pick up from the oil dropoff location, not straight from here, but nice concept.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, John Kovach said:

Trucking Job (OIL) "NPC ORDERS"

1. To start you need to spawn the trailer for a job, from no.1 on the MAP.

1_oil.thumb.png.c157d03f0878ffc56dba606a03b5b78e.png

3. Deliver the crude oil to Refinery, when oil delivered. Wait for 15-30s to fill trailer with GAS. No.3 on the MAP

1612232708_oil3.thumb.png.e706bd1e7bf62f4c04a5acb03ff388cd.png

4. Take a GAS to the gas storage in the port, where later can be collected to be delivered to the gas stations. No.4 on the MAP

1238705479_oil4.thumb.png.9f2fba0b5580049dd9d71cdd947a0543.png

MAP FOR OIL JOB:

https://imgur.com/xH3H6WB

We should keep everything as simple as possible, so that developers actually think about helping us.

I will post also, timber job, fish job, humane lab job, farming job.

Few questions for all:

- please comment (keep it simple! )

- how do we make difference in payments for truck owners and people who rent a truck.?

-   should every job have different location for trailer spawn?

- how do we set price list  for all the jobs that we do for businesses in city??? (at the moment they choose how much do they pay us for a job...)

- what should be waiting time at the locations when loading the cargo? ( 15s. 30s, 1minute etc...)

- should cargo have a damage count? (more you damage a cargo less you get paid). 

Thanks for reading! Thor Smith

logo.jpg.aab7bfbbb241ae0959440453447c6f3e.jpg

I have a suggestion about the fuel pricing. We may not know how much the owners actually have to pay for ordering the fuel but we know that the cheapest station sells for 7 bucks and most is 10 bucks per liter respectively. So we could have a rational system where the truckers would get 0.1 dollar per liter(I once saw an order of 200,000 liters for 1,500 that is like 0.0075 bucks per liter). So for instance, if there is an order for 100,000 liters, then the payout would be 10,000. This makes sure that the relative prices would be fixed and the payouts would be higher for larger amounts.

There is one more point to consider. When it comes to fuel orders, I would also like to suggest that there be a maximum cap on how much fuel can be ordered in one delivery. If we for instance, have a max deliverable order of 100k fuel, then that would result in more number of orders with broken down and equal pay. Thus allowing higher number of players to access jobs as there would be like 4 orders if a cap of 50,000 liters is assigned for a total delivery of 200,000 liters.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

I have a suggestion about the fuel pricing. We may not know how much the owners actually have to pay for ordering the fuel but we know that the cheapest station sells for 7 bucks and most is 10 bucks per liter respectively. So we could have a rational system where the truckers would get 0.1 dollar per liter(I once saw an order of 200,000 liters for 1,500 that is like 0.0075 bucks per liter). So for instance, if there is an order for 100,000 liters, then the payout would be 10,000. This makes sure that the relative prices would be fixed and the payouts would be higher for larger amounts.

There is one more point to consider. When it comes to fuel orders, I would also like to suggest that there be a maximum cap on how much fuel can be ordered in one delivery. If we for instance, have a max deliverable order of 100k fuel, then that would result in more number of orders with broken down and equal pay. Thus allowing higher number of players to access jobs as there would be like 4 orders if a cap of 50,000 liters is assigned for a total delivery of 200,000 liters.

I like this, I also think there should be a limit to the qty that can be orderd. For example a 181k order should be split in to 3x 50k and 1x 31k This allows for more orders/chances for truckers. IRL tankers can only hold 43k litres. There are some shops that actually do this on their own, but others do no and abuse the system.

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn
  • Upvote 1