John Kovach

1. Trucking Jobs / 2. Rent fee for renting a truck

On 5/14/2021 at 2:49 AM, IAmTurtle said:

if it not coming out of my pocket. TBH I should be able to set what ever price I want. I know that I am going to have someone bring it to my shop. Orders are already hella expensive so people are trying to cut down were they can.

The added bonus should not be paid from the players pocket, but from the job, as the idea is to reward people who commit into the trucker roleplay, and not to discourage player who owns businesses. Personally I think they could even make the orders less expensive if they were carried out by a player owned truck(er)

+1 to some of the points you made.

Essentially trucker job needs to have more sources for jobs to appear for people working it.

I also like the idea of having to rent a truck, would entice people who really enjoy trucking to purchase different and better models of truck.

Can we talk about payment for jobs.  It's ludicrously low atm and the pay is offensive relative to the amount of work that goes into it.  100K Litres of fuel to a fuel station 5 miles away for 1k?  As a newer player I didn't know it will take me 15mins real time to load, time to drive there then another 15mins to unload.  By the time I'd finished I wanted to drive me truck through the petrol station and die in a ball of fire.  All that time and effort for 2 burgers worth of pay?   

+1 It really annoys me that owning your own semi truck is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than renting one. I have to pay for fuel and maintenance on my truck AND when I go to paleto I have to pay the toll to exit, losing almost a THIRD of my profit. Also the 1k trucking jobs are a bit ridiculous. I know people say it is an IC issue but due to the fact that trucking is an open scripted job, there really isn't much of a way to solve this IC as it will continue to be exploited due to new players who don't know any better about what type of jobs are acceptable, taking any 1k job they see. There is no incentive for businesses to change this and I do not believe this can be solved IC like everyone seems to preach. 

On 7/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, MooseXR said:

really isn't much of a way to solve this IC as it will continue to be exploited

would be to force the script price up. 

But nobody will icly force things to change as most people are trying to maximize money. And taking business more wont help.