John Kovach

1. Trucking Jobs / 2. Rent fee for renting a truck

This one needs to change. Players can already collect oil in drums, so you would want to pick up from the oil dropoff location, not straight from here, but nice concept.

Hi I was thinking also about making a route more interesting, we wouldn't mess with peoples drums. just that is a good spot to park a truck. As in oil drop-off location there is not enough space to park your truck, with all the RV's it's always packed. 

Above the oil drop-off location is super good place, but unfortunately is already in use for something else( we can't talk about it on forums).

do you have any other suggestion for collecting location?  

Trucking JOB (TIMBER) “npc orders”

1. You spawn a trailer for logs at the palato bay. No.1 on the MAP

image.png.522e005538a1d4d929896680dfdf71da.png

image.png.278f32572a9bbce6e93dca3a7390a396.png

2.drive to Paleto Forest and load the LOGS.(we have two options, please comment on options). On the MAP No.2a and no.2b

1. Easy pick up next to main road on the MAP 2.a

image.png.b85a60eacc33610a5b4b8e4a5a08b996.png

2. Go all the way up to the sawmill (maybe too complicated or a nice challenge for a truck drivers) no. 2.b on the MAP

image.png.78b7eac83418211f333e03be59cfadf8.png

3. Deliver all logs to wood processing factory in LS. No.3 on the MAP

image.png.92db5b8e96bb75aa6f590a468b80cb8b.png

This route could finish here.
Or we can add no.4

4. Deliver planks to the Port for the export. No.4 ON THE MAP

image.png.4c7c009aa2ecbbe84e259dde7da27fc5.png

MAP FOR THE JOB https://imgur.com/bXewaY3

ps: I know that it would be good to deliver all the wood to furniture shop, but I think that around there is already a lot of traffic. It would be super difficult to deliver to doorstep.

Please comment and Thanks for Reading.
Thor Smith 

Edited by John Kovach
  • Upvote 2

hm... I was sure that is refinery with all that smoke. Do you have any other suggestions what could be the refinery? 

Yep https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Palmer-Taylor_Power_Station

Refinery's are in the industrial sector.

Take a look at my list though, there are a lot of good ideas there. It doesn't even have to have more than one contact point. Additional deliveries could be 'triggered' when another delivery is complete.

• Get Job
  • Get Trailer
  • Load
  • Unload

Chained NPC deliveries would be really cool actually.

1. Wood from mill goes to wood processing
  2. /newjob/
  3. Wood from processing goes to Oil Refinery
  4. /newjob/ (maybe at the same time)
  5. Oil from fields goes to Oil Refinery
  6. /newjob/
  7. Railroad ties from refinery go to rail yard.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As much as renting a truck is a very easy task for anyone. Zero down and zero cost is a little out of balance for the people who own trucks and actually have fuel and mainternance to cover.

With this being said something like a $500 rental fee should apply to the rental trucks along with maybe a 10-20% tax of any income from rental vehicles doing the trucking job.

Ontop of this maybe people with owned trucks could get a 5 or 10m window where rental trucks wouldnt be able to accept the new jobs at hand so if their doing rental work as what would be the case in most places. They end up with the shit people don't want to do.

Make the price $1 per 100 ($1 per 1 unit) ((not reguarding fuel)). Prices of trucking has really dropped alot over the past 8months or so. where as since the trucking union activities happened the fuel prices went up with currently very low kickback to the truckers for bringing it or even spending 2hours 30m loading and unloading your 170k worth of fuel.

Now with reguard for fuel. the price could be a little closer to 2k per 30,000L. that way it would make it somewhat doable. Not worth it but still doable.

Add in jobs to fill the gaps.

From Oil to the fuel yard.
From lumber to the furnature Store.
From Mining to car pickup or docks for export?

Just some ideas where the goverment could run some jobs to try to ease the market for trucking a little and maybe put some more reason for people to own an 18wheeler out there.
Im sure others will have more ideas to this also but hey. lets wait and see.

thanks for reading! 🙂

On 7/30/2020 at 6:00 PM, freshprinceIE said:

Not sure on the rental fees. 4/5 times that I take a truck and check for a job their are none available, so I would be paying a rental fee to not work. 

Secondly, any rental fee will make a job that's already not worth it, worth even less. 1k for 10-15 minutes work, and taking away a rental fee would be horrible.

You can do /vieworders to see orders without renting one

I like the idea of adding more depth to the freelance jobs to allow more civilian roleplay especially with the trucker job which has the shared radio. 
Chaining it like you explained could be more interesting and breathe some life into that freelance job in particular on top of the regular orders. A little refinement needs to be done for the locations and gritty details but otherwise I like the idea.

In my opinion it should be $200 minimum just like a cab. It is nearly $3000 to ride a cab to paleto from low end. Yet in the truck we are 1k to paleto and back for like 65% of trips. If you own the semi you should also get a FSC(fuel surcharge) or better mpg as It takes nearly $300 in fuel and a $300  toll.  So 15km  $400?  Their is literally better paying loads In real life let alone this inflated economy. I can buy a burger at some of the stores for this 10-15 minute trip.

Getting close to ONE YEAR later and still in the same situation. You rent a truck, afk for 1 hour, no jobs, give up, quit job and go do something else. I beg you developer overlords, PLEASE, add even some basic NPC jobs like the ones for money delivery job, ANYTHING. Driving big trucks is what many of us like in these video games and it's so sad there's a job for it in here but not actual work. 😞 Give us the normal truck "head" and let us pick up trailers from pickup points and just deliver them. 

Edited by Sergei Osipov

11 hours ago, Sergei Osipov said:

Give us the normal truck "head" and let us pick up trailers from pickup points and just deliver them. 

As far as I know, picking up trailers is bugged for the moment, that's why now the current truck is spawned.

That aside, I agree that the trucker job would need an overhaul. When I started playing on the server I wanted to build my character story around this job, but because there were very few orders and you can't use the truck for something else as per the rules (e.g. RPing transporting other stuff for players like furniture for when they move houses or other stuff like this); I unfortunately had to figure out a different story for my character.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:27 PM, John Kovach said:

Few questions for all:

(1) how do we make difference in payments for truck owners and people who rent a truck.?

(2)  should every job have different location for trailer spawn?

(3) how do we set price list  for all the jobs that we do for businesses in city??? (at the moment they choose how much do they pay us for a job...)

(4) what should be waiting time at the locations when loading the cargo? ( 15s. 30s, 1minute etc...)

(5) should cargo have a damage count? (more you damage a cargo less you get paid). 

+1 
First of all, love the idea, expanding the trucker job would definitely improve roleplay and might even create its own small community of truckers!

Regarding your questions;

(1) I think truck owners should receive a symbolic pay increase, such as 500 dollars, to encourage people to drive their own trucks. I believe that players who want to roleplay as truckers, will invest in a truck, pay increase or not, but the symbolic pay does encourage players to engage more into the trucker community and roleplay.

(2) There could be two or one major trailer location(s), where truckers could take jobs from, which would provide them with both the route and the trailer.

(3) Prices should be based on the length of the route, as well if the trucker is driving for a players order ( Player owned business ) or an NPC order. The player order should reward truckers with 250-500 dollars extra, besides the pay based on the length of the route.

(4) Depends on how much the players earns on a general route. If the player gets 2k for driving up to Paleto from the port and back, then it should max be 15-20 seconds. but if the pay is high (3-5k) 30-45 seconds would be reasonable. 

(5) I don't think a system like that is even scripted in, but if it was possible, then it should definitely be added. Maybe even damage goods when the trucker reaches over 90-100 km?

Hope you find my answers useful.

27 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

Prices should be based on the length of the route, as well if the trucker is driving for a players order ( Player owned business ) or an NPC order. The player order should reward truckers with 250-500 dollars extra, besides the pay based on the length of the route.

if it not coming out of my pocket. TBH I should be able to set what ever price I

want. I know that I am going to have someone bring it to my shop. Orders are already hella expensive so people are trying to cut down were they can.

28 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

Depends on how much the players earns on a general route. If the player gets 2k for driving up to Paleto from the port and back, then it should max be 15-20 seconds. but if the pay is high (3-5k) 30-45 seconds would be reasonable. 

same thing as above.

28 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

I don't think a system like that is even scripted in, but if it was possible, then it should definitely be added. Maybe even damage goods when the trucker reaches over 90-100 km?

I like this. 

29 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

There could be two or one major trailer location(s), where truckers could take jobs from, which would provide them with both the route and the trailer.

Should be type like it right now.