Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

Kyle White Raven

Penal Code Petition: Drug Charges

Dear Los Santos Citizens,

This is a petition to officially change a portion of the penal code to better fit the current procedures carried out by Law Enforcement as well as represent the overall national push for drug legalisation. 

Current Penal Code:

Jj1FZFh.png

As it stands, any drug in the state of Los Santos is illegal. This might come as a surprise to some of you who have previously been caught with marijuana and let go. This is because the enforcement of this law is different to what is on paper currently. As it stands, Law Enforcement will generally be forgiving if someone is found in possession of a few grams of marijuana or plants.

Proposed Change:

u73APR3.png

By signing this petition you are supporting an update to the penal code that better reflects today's views on drugs and what law enforcement currently enforces. Feel free to copy and paste the format bellow if you support this idea.

I, [FIRST, LASTNAME] support this idea and would like to see a change in the current penal code.

[FIRST NAME & LAST NAME]

I, Xoza Shadow, do not support this idea and would like to see no defined exceptions on this law under the current penal code.

No persons should carry drugs or controlled substances as they are too often acquired illegally unless documented permission by MD staff which if made available may be viewable by law enforcement here.

• Like 1

I, [Jose,Trejo] support this idea and would like to see a change in the current penal code.

Edited by NM369

1 hour ago, Xoza said:

No persons should carry drugs or controlled substances as they are too often acquired illegally unless documented permission by MD staff

To claim that the reason as to why people should not carry these drugs is because they are illegal is circular given that these drugs were made illegal, which necessarily creates the impossibility of them ever being procured legally unless MD approves a medical use license. For one to argue as to why these drugs should be illegal further reasoning must be given (e.g. They cause harm, they make people slow, etc...). Simply stating they should remain illegal because they are illegal is in my view invalid reasoning and a logical fallacy given the circular nature of the argument.

Furthermore, this penal code change is more so to represent the current law enforcement attitude towards people in possession of drugs (specifically marijuana), unless your opposition to this change signifies that you are in full agreement if law enforcement starts prosecuting everyone in possession of any quantity of marijuana to the full extent of the law with no exceptions.

Feel free to reach out if any further clarification on the issue is needed. 

Edited by Kyle White Raven
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyle White Raven said:

To claim that the reason as to why people should not carry these drugs is because they are illegal is circular given that these drugs were made illegal, which necessarily creates the impossibility of them ever being procured legally unless MD approves a medical use license. For one to argue as to why these drugs should be illegal further reasoning must be given (e.g. They cause harm, they make people slow, etc...). Simply stating they should remain illegal because they are illegal is in my view invalid reasoning and a logical fallacy given the circular nature of the argument.

Furthermore, this penal code change is more so to represent the current law enforcement attitude towards people in possession of drugs (specifically marijuana), unless your opposition to this change signifies that you are in full agreement if law enforcement starts prosecuting everyone in possession of any quantity of marijuana to the full extent of the law with no exceptions.

Feel free to reach out if any further clarification on the issue is needed. 

He said they are "too often acquired illegally". Purchasing these substances funds criminals and in turn funds illegal guns and violent crime

3 hours ago, Havana said:

He said they are "too often acquired illegally". Purchasing these substances funds criminals and in turn funds illegal guns and violent crime

There could easily be law changes that allow for a licensed business entity to grow & sell Marijuana legally and with government inspection. Hence criminals will not be funded if the law is to be changed so long as the government allows for the use of dispensaries to sell to people with a medical license or for recreational use.

Edited by Copperhorse

5 hours ago, Havana said:

That's my point. Saying something is ''acquired illegally'' when the point of discussion is whether or not something should be legal is circular in nature. The same way that me saying ''No one can drive cars because they are acquired illegally'' is a circular argument because the point of discussion is making cars legal. In essence, marijuana is only illegal because we made it illegal, the way law enforcement currently approaches the problem is to give some lee way, that lee way should be reflected in the penal code, that's it.

Edit: Not to mention that virtually buying anything in this city funds criminals. Every time you buy something in 70% of stores, you're indirectly funding criminals.

Edited by Kyle White Raven

I, for one, would actually like a different approach. Instead of one universal charge for controlled substances, there needs to be individual drug charges. Any new or unknown drugs can still be considered controlled substance possession but heroin possession should not cost the same amount of jail time and money as marijuana possession or even something like LSD. 

Marijuana should only be decriminalized in Los Santos until we are able to properly regulate it. People should receive CITATIONS for marijuana possession if it's not approved for medical use by prescription. 

The only time someone should go to jail for weed is if they have an ounce or above. 

That's where I stand 😄

-Dylan Williams

Edited by Flucifial
  • Upvote 1

I, Gordon Graves, support this idea and would like to see a change in the current penal code.

- Graves

• Upvote 1

The petition, as it is right now, it is far from being legally and morally acceptable.
As it has been mentioned previously, there is no legal way to obtain these substances therefore when you purchase them, you are indirectly funding criminal organizations.

11 hours ago, Havana said:

Yeah all criminal empires out there were funded by blunts, you got them. IQ of a brick wall.

This message was sent from an anonymously from a Nokia brick.

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Havana said:

Better shut down fishing,mining,tollbooths and any legal avenue of money. Cause last i checked niggas making more money at pauls farm than having a weed farm. 

1 hour ago, ElTrucadero said:

The petition, as it is right now, it is far from being legally and morally acceptable.
As it has been mentioned previously, there is no legal way to obtain these substances therefore when you purchase them, you are indirectly funding criminal organizations.

How about diverting resources away from arresting people for having small amounts of weed on them and instead focus on those illegal drug rings? There's no reason someone should be arrested for possession of a gram of marijuana, while the dealer loses nothing due to no following investigation. Focus resources on the problem, not the people. Making this change pushes that goal.

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2020 at 9:23 PM, Kyle White Raven said:

That's my point. Saying something is ''acquired illegally'' when the point of discussion is whether or not something should be legal is circular in nature. The same way that me saying ''No one can drive cars because they are acquired illegally'' is a circular argument because the point of discussion is making cars legal. In essence, marijuana is only illegal because we made it illegal, the way law enforcement currently approaches the problem is to give some lee way, that lee way should be reflected in the penal code, that's it.

Edit: Not to mention that virtually buying anything in this city funds criminals. Every time you buy something in 70% of stores, you're indirectly funding criminals.

On 5/20/2020 at 7:41 PM, Copperhorse said:

There could easily be law changes that allow for a licensed business entity to grow & sell Marijuana legally and with government inspection. Hence criminals will not be funded if the law is to be changed so long as the government allows for the use of dispensaries to sell to people with a medical license or for recreational use.

you make good points that are besides the point. If the law was changed to allow for licensed businesses to grow and sell marijuana legally, then yes, you can legalize it all you want for what i care. but there is not. go campaign for that with city hall. Buying things elsewhere does sometimes unfortunately fund criminals, but that has changed just now with the new licensing regulations which disallow criminals from owning stores. If criminals want to make money through other small jobs, there isnt much that can be done about it, but as of right now, 100% of drugs produced fund criminals, while other jobs are more often than not carried out by law abiding citizens who use them as their only means of survival

1 hour ago, Havana said:

you make good points that are besides the point. If the law was changed to allow for licensed businesses to grow and sell marijuana legally, then yes, you can legalize it all you want for what i care. but there is not. go campaign for that with city hall. Buying things elsewhere does sometimes unfortunately fund criminals, but that has changed just now with the new licensing regulations which disallow criminals from owning stores. If criminals want to make money through other small jobs, there isnt much that can be done about it, but as of right now, 100% of drugs produced fund criminals, while other jobs are more often than not carried out by law abiding citizens who use them as their only means of survival

I would argue they fund criminals because marijuana is illegal, that's why I was saying it was circular. Making marijuana legal up until a certain amount might encourage people to produce and grow these drugs in a legal manner, selling them at dispensaries or just growing for personal use.

However, I think that the main point of this is lost throughout this conversation. The main push for this change is to conform to the way we currently arrest these people. Or do you think we should just stick to the law and arrest anyone who has any amount of marijuana on them ?

• Like 1

Are you retarded @Havana? Of course buying weed funds criminals. Because it's illegal to grow weed. Fucking mongoloid.

It's like if someone wanted to legalize shotguns to use as a hunting weapon, and you said "buying shotguns funds criminals, it should stay illegal"

Here's the fucking revelation of the century, if gun store owners could legally import shotguns and they were a licensed weapon, their purchase wouldn't find criminals anymore, would it? Flabby titty ass bitch.

Just like if the law allowed for people to grow their own marijuana for medicinal uses or purchase it from a licensed dealer, it wouldn't find those evil weed farmers.

•Message sent via encrypted connection•

Edited by GWXCORE

I, [John Barnett] do not support this idea and would like to see a change in the current penal code.

Possession should be brutally hit. Who knows how much better of a person I would have been had I not gotten into drugs so early. Had I been told to throw the lighter and Marijuana away sooner, I wouldd be much healthier and less of a murderous Sideshow Bob today

4 hours ago, MrJangoon said:
I, [John Barnett] do not support this idea and would like to see a change in the current penal code.

Possession should be brutally hit. Who knows how much better of a person I would have been had I not gotten into drugs so early. Had I been told to throw the lighter and Marijuana away sooner, I wouldd be much healthier and less of a murderous Sideshow Bob today

I'm sorry to hear that weed made you into a killer...

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 7:13 PM, Phantas said:

Better shut down fishing,mining,tollbooths and any legal avenue of money. Cause last i checked niggas making more money at pauls farm than having a weed farm. 

This is not at all about who's making money where... it's about legality of a substance. If MD starts, produces and hands out medical grade marijuana and this law is altered to reflect that, then I have no issue with it.

45 minutes ago, Xoza said:

This is not at all about who's making money where... it's about legality of a substance. If MD starts, produces and hands out medical grade marijuana and this law is altered to reflect that, then I have no issue with it.

Why limit this is a government owned and operated system? Personally I'd like to see people able to open their own dispensaries throughout our state. Create a whole new legal market, where entrepreneurship can thrive.

If growing it becomes legal and regulations will be implemented, the penal code charge will be subject to revision (I don't work at city hall so I am not promising anything).

At this time, as someone said earlier, it is legally and morally not acceptable.