ammeo

Mechanic service on this server sucks

11 hours ago, Flucifial said:

Yea, I think a way of fixing this issue would be incorporating tow truck training into the mechanic recruitment process. That way, mechanics don't have the excuse of "not having tow truck training" and all mechanics can help respond to requests. 

This, tow truck training is something even SD/PD cadets do as part of their second training session, that's because we are aware of how busy impound calls can get (even if sometimes we still take responding) and because it doesn't take a genius to use a tow truck. This should be part of the standard mechanic training, not a special certification or unit. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yputi said:

I am sorry, but I still can purely see this as something IC. Maybe something for City Hall to deal with or maybe a letter to the companies.

I agree this should be an IC thing, but the long-term failure of such systems when people regularly complain IC'ly is why we need to address it OOC'ly. Same applies for other issues, especially when talking about things like ''City Hall'', anyone who has ever written an IC thread aimed at SA GOV or tried to contact someone in person by going to city hall knows it is nearly impossible to get an answer from them. If we had proper staffing in city hall, a section on government forums with regular community suggestions for IC issues, etc.. then maybe it would work, but we don't have it which is why people like OP feel like they are forced to write these threads out. 

Sometimes we can only expect people to act in a certain way IC'ly when we have a supporting infrastructure that allows them to do this effectively, when that isn't in place then sadly we must resort to OOC solutions, even if it's just to get someone's attention and inform them about the issue.

10 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

This, tow truck training is something even SD/PD cadets do as part of their second training session, that's because we are aware of how busy impound calls can get (even if sometimes we still take responding) and because it doesn't take a genius to use a tow truck. This should be part of the standard mechanic training, not a special certification or unit. 

It's literally 3 or 4 /mes and two buttons on your keyboard to operate the tow, it's super easy and I agree it should be part of standard training

Edited by Freclan

Overall, mechanic factions were not ready for this. Previously you could reset vehicle health, but with that change roadside assistance became a necessity. But what we get is:

Mechanics smh requiring more training to tow than to fix cars, 1 mechanic faction moving out of town.

And while a part of this is IC, at the end, you cant just open up a mechanic shop on your own as you require script support. CEOs do not get appointed on IC values alone, OOC commitment and understanding is a big part as well and in times like these, maybe Staff need to get involved and sort this out on an OOC level. Imagine if DCC suddenly decided that only supervisors could drive regular taxis, if Weazel decided that only supervisors could post ads/blips.

In real life, if a service is lacking, competition takes over. But you cant have competition for legal factions due to how the script is set up, which means that its not just an IC issue. CEOs get appointed by staff and if they show a failure to adapt, they should be replaced by people who will make the changes happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kyle White Raven said:

Yes, exactly. Mechanics should either do it during their interview or right after they get hired and it should be restricted to rank.

6 hours ago, Kyle White Raven said:

I agree this should be an IC thing, but the long-term failure of such systems when people regularly complain IC'ly is why we need to address it OOC'ly.

100% in agreement. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.