ammeo

Mechanic service on this server sucks

My car has been sitting destroyed on Del Perro highway for 3 days and no mechanic has come to tow or repair despite me making atleast 10 requests. Sometimes, when i open a request, as high as 7 mechanics are shown online at a time, not a single one came to tow my car to get it repaired. 

Get this issue fixed or make car repair kits available at shops. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Pegasus_ said:

Not really something admins or any other staff member should be bothered with, it’s an IC issue, nothing more.

Its a big issue. Why we dont have car repair kits in stores is still beyond me. No one wants to wait days for their broken down car to be removed from roads. 

19 minutes ago, Jorge Compass said:

Stop complaining and find another solution. Within those 3 days you could have could somebody to push your car to the mechanics rather than waiting there.

Exactly what he said, stop whining about something that you should deal with ICly, just walk your ass up there and get them yourself.

I've gotta say, I hate when people immediately dismiss complaints like this as an "IC issue". This is not real life - if a city had a terrible mechanic service, someone better would come along and take their business. There are a lot of OOC limitations preventing this from happening so, in the meantime, I think it's very legitimate to call out bad service from the two companies that have a complete monopoly on car repair in a game where your vehicle is your most important posession. The /mechanic service has been lacking lately, and I am told this is because of OOC updates that have made mechanics busier (i.e. needing to get your car regularly repaired), meaning that there are fewer mechanics available to tow. This is just one example of an OOC decision affecting an IC company and the service they can provide - the two issues are not seperate and this issue can't necessarily be solved IC.

• Like 9

Day 5 and still my car is lying dead on the Del Perro freeway. Today i decided to wait a complete 30 minutes after making the /mechanic request to see if the mechanics can respond in this timeframe. There were 6 mechanics online. 

Result? Nothing happened. No response at all. Just like my previous dozen requests. 

Btw, people keep basic car repair kits in their cars irl to fix minor to medium issues with their vehicles. This applies to real life as well. 

To any mechanic reading this, stop sitting on your lazy ass at the shop to grind for that next 3G in Vinewood and respond to people's requests for their broken down vehicles. 

Or if that cant happen, either introduce basic car repair kits or create a separate department for towing and remote repairing services. 

30 minutes ago, ammeo said:

Day 5 and still my car is lying dead on the Del Perro freeway. Today i decided to wait a complete 30 minutes after making the /mechanic request to see if the mechanics can respond in this timeframe. There were 6 mechanics online. 

I am sure it's stated before, but there are IC reasons why people can't respond. Towtruck certifications for example.

Result? Nothing happened. No response at all. Just like my previous dozen requests. 

Maybe try something else then just putting out one request. Most people will get ignored if they make multiple calls as it will feel like someone "bumps" a call, which can be a little annoying.

tw, people keep basic car repair kits in their cars irl to fix minor to medium issues with their vehicles. This applies to real life as well. 

Since your car fully broke down, I am sure no general repair kit could fix it.

To any mechanic reading this, stop sitting on your lazy ass at the shop to grind for that next 3G in Vinewood and respond to people's requests for their broken down vehicles. 

Technically I am not a mechanic (resigned today), but I would stop making assumptions. Instead of just simply trying the same thing (Which apperantly doesn't work for you), try something else IC. And again, because of reasons mentioned before you should do this.

Or if that cant happen, either introduce basic car repair kits or create a separate department for towing and remote repairing services. 

Again, same IC reasons as mentioned earlier by others too. This is not something usefull.

I still see 0 reasons why this has to be taken OOC. Even if the mechanics purposely ignored you, it's still 100% an IC issue which has to be handled IC.

Take this as an advice if you wan't or ignore it. Up to you.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, InvestedCereal said:

There is an IC reason these mechanics aren't answering your calls, we don't just ignore them, there is a reason.

Lmfao I was 100% with most people here until I saw this. My man, that's some grade A bs right there. I was a mechanic for SO long on ECRP. Two times bayview and extremely long term LSC. To say that ya'll don't ignore calls is a joke honestly. 100% We ignored the shit out of calls, especially if they were up north. I can be honest and say when I saw a call up north, I would look at it, begin typing out the command to accept it and then delete it like "Nah fuck that"

Partly, these requests weren't accepted because a lot of the times, you would take like 10 mins driving there, just for the request to be canceled. To say that it isn't being ignored is to say that there isn't a single cop that ignores the impound. We're only human bruh, at least keep it 100.

The reason why the mechanic service isn't responsive is because the Tow truck can be very tedious, barely rewarding (No labor) and it isn't enforced by the owners as much as it should be. So yes, it's definitely an IC issue but it isn't something that can be dealt with by realistic means. I.E upstarting a new business, buying your own tow truck after getting certified and doing the job yourself. Currently, that's not possible. So when you say it's an IC issue, you have to understand that's it's only slightly an IC issue, as there are OOC/scripting limitations preventing you from creating other outcomes. Perhaps OP can make a suggestion on the matter instead.

Edited by MrUntouchable215
  • Upvote 5

Putting roadside training so far down the structure is bad IC policy. And that IC policy is affecting people right now. The current policy, while IC, allows people to just constantly earn a salary, even when there are multiple /mechanic requests and multiple people just doing nothing. It just makes no sense that towing is something you need to be high ranked for.

Honestly, they need to fix their "IC issue" or staff needs to appoint someone as CEO that will.

Edited by CaesarSeizure
  • Like 1

Just now, Flucifial said:

A free lance towing job that would tow the cars to the mechanic shops or fuel stations sounds amazing. 

But will people RP it properly some new players might just use it to go to bank and tow a car randomly and steal it.

9 hours ago, Flucifial said:

Yea, I think a way of fixing this issue would be incorporating tow truck training into the mechanic recruitment process. That way, mechanics don't have the excuse of "not having tow truck training" and all mechanics can help respond to requests. 

This will have to be brought up IC though

20 minutes ago, vx3r said:

But will people RP it properly some new players might just use it to go to bank and tow a car randomly and steal it.

Could have the freelance tow job require a /towapprove.

This way they could only tow vehicles that the owner or PD/SD/Mechanics approve. They would tow the vehicle to a gas station, mechanics workshop or impound lot (but LEOs or Mechanics would have to do the impounding).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Yputi said:

This will have to be brought up IC though

Obviously lol but at the same time mechanic owners restricting towing to higher ranks limits an entire server function that's intended to be used by all mechanics. It's an IC issue and y'all can say that all day but it effects people OOCly too when that wasn't the intent when devs added towing, and I'm 99% sure of that. 

9 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

Obviously lol but at the same time mechanic owners restricting towing to higher ranks limits an entire server function that's intended to be used by all mechanics. It's an IC issue and y'all can say that all day but it effects people OOCly too when that wasn't the intent when devs added towing, and I'm 99% sure of that. 

I am sorry, but I still can purely see this as something IC. Maybe something for City Hall to deal with or maybe a letter to the companies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.