Copperhorse

Limit the number of guns you can equip at the same time to a pistol and a heavy.

Limit the number of guns you can equip at the same time to a 1 pistol and 1 heavy weapon.

Also include all of the other duty equipment police have of course (nightstick, tazer, flashlight, etc). But it should be restricted to a pistol (.50, Heavy Pistol, SNS, etc) and a heavy weapon (AK, Shotgun, Micro, SMG, etc). This should apply to everyone and be a script limitation.

The reasoning for this is I often see police officers equipping every gun they are allowed to equip which is highly non-rp. When have you ever seen an officer IRL with more than his duty belt, his pistol, and possibly 1 heavy weapon if the situation is dire. We have some people carrying sniper rifles, SMG's, Micro's, M4's, Pistols, Tazers, Shotguns, ALL AT THE SAME TIME while additionally wearing 50 kg worth of armor. It makes literally 0 roleplay sense for this to be a thing. You would not be able to even walk let alone sprint like I see on a daily basis. Unless it's changed scriptly it will continue to happen.

Edited by Copperhorse
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

When have you ever seen an officer IRL with more than his duty belt, his pistol, and possibly 1 heavy weapon if the situation is dire

My uncle was a police officer in his town all he carried was a Pistol, Semi auto Rifle and the normal Taser, Pepper spray and etc. Big +1 from me. Logically doesn't make sense to have a Micro, shotgun, SMG, .50 cal, and whatever else cops get when they go on duty.

1 minute ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Sorry to disappoint, but PD is already limited by internal rules regarding you having multiple heavy guns (micro is a micro and is considered a pistol replacement).

With no evidence, hard to say if this is a common occurrence you face or if its just a 1 time thing, or it never happened. 

A micro is a pistol replacement. Yea doesn't look like your internal rules are very roleplay so I'd rather a script limitation.

I posted that screenshot to show that I've witnessed what OP claims. And the same rules should be applied to all players, regardless if they're members of PD, SD, DOC or if they're criminals. We're limited to carry a certain weight in the inventory but we can carry an infinite amount of guns and ammo if it's equipped.

1 hour ago, raademar said:

rp_much.png

Can I just comment on how ancient this photo is? The player in the photo is not even in the faction anymore. Anyhow, as a DOC officer I have access to the SMG, Carbine, Shotgun and Marksman. Since if I carry the carbine on my back I can hold the shotgun in my hand that is the most I would carry. I’ve never seen anyone equip all of them at the same time (in my experience) but this is what I say would justify carrying 2 heavies at once. As for the Micro being a pistol replacement, scriptly the micro hangs back in the lower area of the back similar to a pistol, unlike a shotgun or a similar heavy. The micro itself is also not a massive size that makes this unrealistic, I do not see why a Micro being a pistol replacement is not allowed.

4 hours ago, HobGoblin said:

In SWAT we can only have the M4, SMG or shotgun out at one time. We also can carry a micro. This is 2 heavies. Iv seen gangs with a lot more. One had a AK,shotgun and a SMG.

It should not be allowed anywhere. This is not PD vs Crim. This is a server wide script limitation. It makes no roleplay sense for anyone. Even having 2 heavies on you such as an AK and a shotgun is highly unrealistic. Maybe having a shotgun in a car while carrying a M4 in your hands would be realistic. You guys don't understand how bulky long guns are IRL. It would be impossible to have the flexibility and maneuverability that people show whilst doing it. I mean if I had a dollar for every time I've seen somebody combat roll with a heavy on their back I'd be a millionaire. You simply can't sprint as fast and people do, nor can you maneuver as good as people do when you have both of your hands occupied and you have a heavy weapon (or multiple) slung on your back. A micro is not a replacement for a pistol. A pistol, even a .50, is MUCH more compact than a micro SMG. Have you ever seen a holster for a Micro SMG? No, they don't exist.

Edited by Copperhorse

1 hour ago, Copperhorse said:

It should not be allowed anywhere. This is not PD vs Crim. This is a server wide script limitation. It makes no roleplay sense for anyone. Even having 2 heavies on you such as an AK and a shotgun is highly unrealistic. Maybe having a shotgun in a car while carrying a M4 in your hands would be realistic. You guys don't understand how bulky long guns are IRL. It would be impossible to have the flexibility and maneuverability that people show whilst doing it. I mean if I had a dollar for every time I've seen somebody combat roll with a heavy on their back I'd be a millionaire. You simply can't sprint as fast and people do, nor can you maneuver as good as people do when you have both of your hands occupied and you have a heavy weapon (or multiple) slung on your back. A micro is not a replacement for a pistol. A pistol, even a .50, is MUCH more compact than a micro SMG. Have you ever seen a holster for a Micro SMG? No, they don't exist.

I agree is shouldn't be allowed. Having a Ak and a micro should be allowed even if they are both heavy weapons. This could just be a server rule, no need to add a script. Make a rule saying you can only carry one heavy but you can carry a heavy and a micro and the micro is small ect. Also carrying a tec 9 aswell wouldn't break the rule as its small.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:59 AM, Victor Einhart said:

If you're not just making this up, please submit an IA report so it can be dealt with.

https://i.gyazo.com/5a5d922db1f3b37b295b440477d6533e.jpg

Bringing a sniper rifle to a store robbery is unrealistic. Script limitation please. A .50 cal sniper weighs 30 kg's. They should only be taken out and equipped when there's a tactical need for one.

A SWAT van is also unrealistic for responding to a store robbery, but that's another issue.

Edited by Copperhorse

1 hour ago, Copperhorse said:

https://i.gyazo.com/5a5d922db1f3b37b295b440477d6533e.jpg

Bringing a sniper rifle to a store robbery is unrealistic. Script limitation please. A .50 cal sniper weighs 30 kg's. They should only be taken out and equipped when there's a tactical need for one.

A SWAT van is also unrealistic for responding to a store robbery, but that's another issue.

You are speaking entirely from ignorance about this scenario and what led up to it.  Very disappointing.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.