Bala

Two Store Robbery Changes

I'd like to propose some changes to the store robbery system, as I feel as it currently stands, there is quite a bit of room for improvement.

When announcing a store alarm has been tripped, add either "Los Santos" or "Blaine County" to the message.

With the inclusion of the Sheriffs Department and the jurisdictions that were created for PD and SD, the only way you will know if the store robbery is in your jurisdiction is if you /setcall and check on the map. This kind of defeats the purpose of responding to an alarm, where seconds can make the difference between someone getting caught and getting away. Don't need to be told the exact location of the alarm, although that would be realistic, just whether it's in PD or SD boundaries by having LS or BC in the text.

CCTV Footage - Change how it's checked and how it's destroyed.

As a cop, if you don't catch people in the act of stealing money, the best way to catch them is by checking the CCTV footage. Sometimes we will get robbers saying they've shot up the machine or they've taken the footage and to me, it ends up being on that borderline of whether or not it's powergaming.

I'd like to see a command for the stores CCTV created. One that cops can use to check if

• The CCTV footage is still present. There wouldn't be a tape or a DVD in 2019.
  • The window of recording, say 20 minutes. This would be like a timestamp CCTV Footage: 19/10/2019 14:23 to 19/10/2019 14:43 
  • What actually happened, obviously you are still relying on /ldo for this but since it's a rule, it still bears honest answers most of the time.

The idea would be that cops could buy a dongle and the dongle has a specific use, the download of CCTV footage in stores. 

Now on the flip side of this, I feel that there should be a scripted way for criminals to avoid this. Not shooting the machine, because in 2019, the footage would be on a cloud server anyway. Not taking out the tape, because it's not 1999. 

• The idea would be that criminals could buy a dongle and the dongle has a specific use for civilians, the theft of CCTV footage in stores. 
  • The dongle would take the same amount of time to use as it does to fully rob a store, so you could bring an extra person along with you to steal the footage while you steal the money.
  • Using the dongle in a store computer as non-law enforcement would trip the store alarm.
  • If you left the computer area, the process would stop.
  • Once the process has finished, your inventory would be updated with different version of that dongle that would continue the location and timestamp of the recording which you've just taken.
  • You could keep the footage or destroy it, destroying it would take like the same time as unlocking the car but the footage is all yours to do with what you like.
  • If you get caught with the footage, it could still be used against you.

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2019 at 9:55 PM, alexalex303 said:

In order words, lets make robbing stores even harder even though the risk/reward is already in the minus?

You're already caught on camera anyway, least this way you have the opportunity to get rid of the evidence without power gaming recovering the evidence against you.

If it's barely worth doing for you now, then you don't really need to share your opinion on it because it's not for you anyway.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:57 PM, GOAT said:

I'd like to propose some changes to the store robbery system, as I feel as it currently stands, there is quite a bit of room for improvement.

+1 Or simply RP turning off the power on the store as it would prevent a network connection!

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

If it's barely worth doing for you now, then you don't really need to share your opinion on it because it's not for you anyway.

But the opinion of a law enforcement main is more relevant? When was the last time you robbed a store?

The point of my statement is that the activity is barely worth doing right now, and if you want to increase the risk and manpower needed, you also need to increase the reward.

• Like 2
  • PogU 1

On 10/19/2019 at 3:55 PM, alexalex303 said:

In order words, lets make robbing stores even harder even though the risk/reward is already in the minus?

What benefit would I really have to rob a corner store in the first place? Typically the stores are right open for everyone to see anyway. Also, haven't seen too many people IRL even successfully escape after small time robberies such as this. 

4 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

But the opinion of a law enforcement main is more relevant? When was the last time you robbed a store?

The point of my statement is that the activity is barely worth doing right now, and if you want to increase the risk and manpower needed, you also need to increase the reward.

I mean the timing of doing these things can always vary, but the jist of my suggestion was to add more of an actual framework to the store robberies.

People shoot the camera for example, but it was recording up to that point. People take the video tape, but does the store use a tape in 2019? They access the files on the computer and delete the footage but are they master hackers?

Just would add answers to some of those questions and if they balanced the time, it'd be good, especially in groups which seems to be the norm for store robberies now anyway.

4 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

The entire thing would be better off just getting reworked, that way you don't have to wait for on-duty and all that good stuff. 

I'm not quite understanding the increase in reward, though. It's just like knocking off your local 7/11 with three other people. Doesn't seem like it's going to be a good take regardless.

+1 Jurisdiction is something that I believe is a grey area at the moment. If a robbery is in Blaine county, SD should respond. PD should respond in the city. I’ve been too many of times, SD pursing in the city, which isn’t their jurisdiction, once a PD unit is onto the pursuit. SD Should return to their area of patrol. And of course, I’ve seen vice versa as well. 

+1

I work in corporate security and security systems management IRL. While a lot of our technology today is very advanced, you can tell by the equipment existing in stores in-game, it's quite dated. To be honest, disabling any security system is simple, if you know where to go.

In this situation, before even robbing the store, you should simply be able to "unplug camera's" action bar. This would create a reasonable doubt. You were the last one seen in the store, but no video evidence of you robbing it, except the cashier, can still be used as a witness....

Edited by Xoza

On 10/22/2019 at 2:00 AM, GOAT said:

I mean the timing of doing these things can always vary, but the jist of my suggestion was to add more of an actual framework to the store robberies.

People shoot the camera for example, but it was recording up to that point. People take the video tape, but does the store use a tape in 2019? They access the files on the computer and delete the footage but are they master hackers?

Just would add answers to some of those questions and if they balanced the time, it'd be good, especially in groups which seems to be the norm for store robberies now anyway.

Cops can't survive 3 headshots in 2019 either, so not everything is realistic. I (for the first time) 100% agree with @alexalex303 here.

-1, once again another retarded suggestion. What's your next suggestion gonna be? "Remove drug labs because they're illegal"? Yeah because that's what you actually would suggest.

Edited by Arian