Cyrus Raven

FearRP/DM Rule Change

+1 ive been in a couple of situations where my car was blocked of an escape route, at that point, it doesnt matter that technically im not under FRP, but in a real situation, i would be. I can't drive away, i have guns pointed at me - Im under FRP even if the rules do not state it that way.

I think the issue comes with FRP being a strict set of criteria rather than a dynamic one, where certain situations would just put you under FRP, while even being in a car.

So i would be all up for people trying to wall you off and not let you get away, that would put you under FRP, but if some guy (like there are a few reports of) try to wall my car off with a bike, i should have full right to just blast through them without it counting as VDM - Walling someone off should be enough to count as engaging in roleplay, but motorcycles should not be used for that.

Additionally, i do not want any kind of situation that could be created, where i cant just drive around in piece, for one i just think the current RP from people who just drive up and try to rob you is really poor and additionally, i just sometimes want to enjoy my car without having to fear for my life everytime im out doing something.

The fearRP rule bugs me sometimes.

How many times in life have gang members been in firefights?

Where one gang member has pulled a gun and the other thinks they are fast enough to draw their gun and shoot first? 

It goes back to cowboys and dueling.

I wish that you would be permitted to defend yourself should you feel you are fast enough to do so.

1 hour ago, arcangel said:

The fearRP rule bugs me sometimes.

How many times in life have gang members been in firefights?

Where one gang member has pulled a gun and the other thinks they are fast enough to draw their gun and shoot first? 

It goes back to cowboys and dueling.

I wish that you would be permitted to defend yourself should you feel you are fast enough to do so.

Well there has to be a game aspect to that, in real life, if you try to get into a firefight chances are you will die. Here you will just respawn. So there has to be a manufactured fear for your life, as we can't recreate real life loss.

5 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Well there has to be a game aspect to that, in real life, if you try to get into a firefight chances are you will die. Here you will just respawn. So there has to be a manufactured fear for your life, as we can't recreate real life loss.

Absolutely otherwise people would take advantage.

But it goes back to the NLR rule maybe.

It's just frustrating when you are farming, you followed the legal Avenue to get a firearms license and bought a gun, then spent half an hour farming to be forced to comply when someone holds a gun to your face.

I can agree that the rule does need tweaking.

In my opinion, the rule is worded like that to prevent people from trying to rob others in cars because it's so easy to disable a car with a single gun shot (not realistic at all). If the rules were flat changed to allow a robber to shoot at someone in a car, then there is 0 opportunity for someone to legitimately escape if cars are disabled so quickly. As soon as the gun comes out the other party has no option and the "hands up rob" mentality will only get worse.

To combat this, I think we would see civilians (and some criminals) fleeing for their lives as soon as they see anyone remotely getting near them (does this already happen?). I understand Los Santos is a hyper violent city but closing this "loophole" will further make civilian life worse and they shouldnt have to be watching their back 24/7 even in the pseudo safety of a vehicle. I dont want to prohibit people from robbing others but chain crimes/robberies and broad daylight/public area robberies are low RP but not necessarily NonRP. 

On the other side, Fear RP rules state just some examples, not all. If someone is completely boxed in and has no where to flee, it's time to give up whether your car is stalled or not. 

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.