Riderz

Gang Wars

Wars:

At the moment the F4 function of the "WAR" option, which is the ability to declaring hostile action against an opposing gang based on it's rp engagements is at the moment is virtually useless. Though in this function their is no additional benefit to doing as due to the "Deathmatching" regulations imposed via the rules the RP that lead to the wars are almost fairly useless in the fact the best you can hope for is a "Tactical Robbery". Which in these cases you hope either A) They break fear rp as that gives you the ground to engage or B) Are armed prior to the engagement. This poses a huge flaw when it comes to Criminal RP as the best response we can do to gangs wishing to fight us is chain rob them either at labs, houses or on the streets.

As we have seen in the past, gang wars are filled with Deathmatch reports and ban's due to the such strict regulations imposed on them. Adding functionality to this option will both expand criminal rp and reduce the sheer reports made as it relates to these "wars". I think what we should do as a collective is decided how we can best expand these regulations when it comes to interactions with gangs, hopefully replacing the concept of "Tactical robberies" with perhaps drive bys and other IC retaliations as it relates to the rp

Once system used in SAMP was the concept of "/rep" which would place a text above the players head stating their gang affiliation marking the the declared gang an easy indicator the person to whom they are at war with preventing civilian casualties. Some may concerned that function "meta" but the RP behind it would be that you are clear as day representing that gangs colors marking your a member. 

Do you have anything to say about this or how to improve the system? Post your ideas bellow! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No, if you really want wars to be valuable as they used to be then the re-addition of turfs can help, but encouraging permanent KOS for the duration of the war will not help the roleplay quality but just decrease it by a massive extent. It wouldn't help the OOC relations between players either, and will most likely drop those relations by a ton, warranting more reports, false or not.

Oh wait, what's that? There's already something like this on GTA!
https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/

Edited by HaminLord
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The fairest system I've seen is that a faction can propose war to another faction, with a very strong in-character reason, and if the other faction accepts, a win condition will be set, that both parties can agree to. It can be something like kill both leaders once, or capture a specific vehicle from the enemy gang. The winner will win a predetermined thing such as cash, cars or turf. (Note: the proposal, win conditions and prize are agreed upon OOCly.)

If war is agreed and started, both factions can now KOS each-other, while all other rules apply. (NLR, MG, etc)

I feel that this system could work very well here.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, BrainDed said:

-1, you can be in war with someone without KOS

Yes, you can be, but you're gutting a lot of the criminal classics. Drive-bys are effectively impossible under the current rule-set, although they are relatively common in gang wars. Not to mention just walking up to someone and popping them. That happens all the time, but on the server that would be a rulebreak.

I've never heard a gang member go "no wait, we gotta give demands first", but on the server, that's heard almost daily. If you don't think that's a problem, I'll just have to disagree.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Yes, you can be, but you're gutting a lot of the criminal classics. Drive-bys are effectively impossible under the current rule-set, although they are relatively common in gang wars. Not to mention just walking up to someone and popping them. That happens all the time, but on the server that would be a rulebreak.

I've never heard a gang member go "no wait, we gotta give demands first", but on the server, that's heard almost daily. If you don't think that's a problem, I'll just have to disagree.

100% agreed

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware there's no point for gang fights, you dont gain anything out of it, there is no reward for it, irl you get turfs you get money from the turfs here you don't get anything for killing gang members the only thing you will get is jail time since police will hear gunshots and will go to check it and since you were involved in a shootout and most likely have a gun you're going to jail boy.
Also this would make server pure DM for gangs when fighting for labs, you arrive there popup few guys and that's it, since there's no portable drug labs.

Edited by Balastas

I have been saying this many times already that when it comes to criminal RP  there should be "gang affiliation" rules that would remove DM rule if in acceptable situation. Right now there is no consequences for you being in a gang. Technically if you look at the DM rule then the only issue is that you have to give demands and you cannot kill if you have no reason to kill in terms of not being in danger or your demands being met. If your gang is in war then that should be enough of RP reason to hit the enemy gang at any point and time without it being a DM.

Sure, some people would say it would be another GTA Online, but I disagree as with a well written "gang affiliation" rule in the rule-set it would give the criminals the big part of RL's criminal activities when in conflict. Now as mentioned in the OP I must agree, there is big problem with it as too much has to be done to fight anyone.

10 hours ago, Tezhl said:

Sure, can you name a few? As it complies to the rules of the server with no OOC arrangement 

The only thing current rules prevent you from doing is doing a drive by or other situations where you just mow down someone because you are at war with him you can hold up someone, you can jump someone, teach him a lesson with a bat.

Not to mention, if you will be killing people by their clothing or vehicles, that will just end up with civilians getting hit. It happened before it will happen now

Edited by BrainDed

9 hours ago, BrainDed said:

The only thing current rules prevent you from doing is doing a drive by or other situations where you just mow down someone because you are at war with him you can hold up someone, you can jump someone, teach him a lesson with a bat.

Not to mention, if you will be killing people by their clothing or vehicles, that will just end up with civilians getting hit. It happened before it will happen now

A) Thats life, people get hit by a straight round all the time. B) What can you do outside of robbing them/chopping their vehicles.