Zancii

Pushing vehicles

I don't know if anyone already posted about this topic but I think they should add a feature where you can push your vehicle if you run out of fuel (of course it would take a lot of time to push the vehicle only few meters so its more realistic, and you could only push vehicles that you own) Maybe that's NonRP but it's really annoying when you run out of fuel few meters before fuel station. And I have already seen that a lot of RP servers have that feature

Edited by Zancii

Reason for this is discussable, because there is a lot if people that work as mechanics and issues like flipped cars and empty gas already has solutions which is:

Flipped cars: Can be solved with /mechanic 

Out of fuel: Buy Jerry cans to refuel car and for this you either need to call a taxi(which this makes taxi drivers earn money) to go to a shop or call a friend to bring you one from a shop, which shop owners earn money from this.

If developers make pushing cars a thing that means that they need to get rid of the /mechanic command because you won't need to use it and Jerry cans would not have any use in game so shop owners are not going to be happy about this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Architer said:

If developers make pushing cars a thing that means that they need to get rid of the /mechanic command because you won't need to use it and Jerry cans would not have any use in game so shop owners are not going to be happy about this.

This is a very valid point that I hadn't considered in my original response. I would only see this addition as a good one if it allowed for pushing a car a very short distance like if you were /just/ short of the pump. Any long distance pushing does make /mechanic and Jerry Cans irrelevant

4 minutes ago, krooks365 said:

I would only see this addition as a good one if it allowed for pushing a car a very short distance like if you were /just/ short of the pump.

I don't think adding being able to push cars just for short distance is a topic to be worried about! Thank you for your feedback!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Architer said:

Reason for this is discussable, because there is a lot if people that work as mechanics and issues like flipped cars and empty gas already has solutions which is:

Flipped cars: Can be solved with /mechanic 

Out of fuel: Buy Jerry cans to refuel car and for this you either need to call a taxi(which this makes taxi drivers earn money) to go to a shop or call a friend to bring you one from a shop, which shop owners earn money from this.

Exactly. I would have nothing more to add. This would be amazing but something like this wasnt even in base game. It would take A LOT to do something like this. Personally, I would just make expanding the mechanic companies a priority - that way nobody is ever waiting long for a towtruck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zelyr said:

That's true but I'm going to put a +1 if there are less than or equal to 3 mechanics online since it sometimes takes years for one to come.

The problem with the slow response might be due to multiple reasons 1. All mechanics are not"tow certified". This means that there could be 10mechanics online but only 1 on tow. And if there is 3mechrequests and 1 tow. Its gonna take a good while

2. The towtrucks are pretty slow, making the response time slower.

i'm still on a -1 on this suggestion. 

it would also be very difficult to add since it's not a feature in the vanilla game.

However I would support the idea of being able to "push" bikes since that would be more realistic and since they cannot be towed. It would not take away any potential RP.

33 minutes ago, nixu211 said:

The problem with the slow response might be due to multiple reasons 1. All mechanics are not"tow certified". This means that there could be 10mechanics online but only 1 on tow. And if there is 3mechrequests and 1 tow. Its gonna take a good while

2. The towtrucks are pretty slow, making the response time slower.

i'm still on a -1 on this sugestion. 

it would also be very difficult to add since it's not a feature in the vanilla game.

However I would support the idea of being able to "push" bikes since that would be more realistic and since they cannot be towed. It would not take away any potential RP.

I do agree with you, I also saw a suggestion about calling 4444 for a mechanic and also choosing what you need since it is way more useful and time efficient both for the person calling and for the mechanic. You changed my opinion, I'd say -1 too.

8 minutes ago, Zelyr said:

I do agree with you, I also saw a suggestion about calling 4444 for a mechanic and also choosing what you need since it is way more useful and time efficient both for the person calling and for the mechanic. You changed my opinion, I'd say -1 too.

I would also support the idea of having a number for mechanics and calling them. This would remove the possibility to spam mechrequests. It's also frustrating when you need a mechanic and forget you got the request open and move a bit too much. Luckily they increased the range for this. This would also bring a better efficiency since the mechanics could respond on another vehicle.

This was a suggestion a while ago but I think it's a thing worth implementing. 

Furthermore im happy i was able to change your mind as I strongly believe pushing vehicled (especially big ones) would not be a solution 🙂

Edited by nixu211
  • Upvote 1

So lately I have been building stuff in Rage that could potentially benefit Eclipse as I love it here! I have built this functionality and sent details across to NBDY.

https://streamable.com/ab2v5

This feature needs a lot more thought than just the development side though. I personally believe it should only be possible for a few seconds until you get out of breath and you can only push it X out of times before you start using lots of energy. You should only be able to push your own vehicles you have access too and that the feature would only be available if you sent a request to a mechanic with no response. So the idea is a message would appear- It seems a mechanic can't make it out to you, let's give the car a push out the way.

Overall -1

I would be in support of being able to push a motorcycle a short distance but that is pretty much all. The reason for the overall -1 is because vehicles are different sizes and weights and would require a different number of people to push/not even be able to push it at all especially is there are things in the trunk that weigh it down. Fine tuning the details would be so difficult to the point of everything needing a weight, a required person threshold, etc. Along with this, it has the ability to take away from mechanics which would be very unfortunate as I would like to see them out and about doing more already and as stated by an above poster, the whole jerry can downfall that would come. People should be mindful of their fuel consumption - it's really not that difficult - or just carry a spare jerry can in your trunk.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.