CycloneDavid

Weazel to Control Advertising

As the title suggests - why don't we reserve the advertising areas of the forums to members of Weazel?

There are so many posts on there that either don't give enough info, or have never been updated once sold. Older unedited posts get bumped when someone simply asks if its still for sale.

I would suggest that since your selling property in character then in order to create an advertisement you complete the majority of the task in exactly the same way. You would need to track down a Weazel team member in game and hand over advertising information through RP. Pics can be forward on the forums through messaging, though the advertisement itself is posted and managed by the Weazel team member. A in-game fee would apply as it would IRL as well based on the amount of time you'd like it advertised. Payments could be made with the same coding system the mechanics use for charging upgrades.

In my time zone the server hosts around 60-90 players, and there isn't any shortage of Weazel members visiting public areas looking to advertise for people, so its easily still accessible, and in doing it this way when you click through the forums your looking at real time advertisements that are updated frequently. And if the seller doesn't contact Weazel to remove the ad then it expires after the advertising time frame anyway and is removed/archived.

Because the market place on the forums is something like ebay. If people don't put up enough info, you just have to ask for more, like you would on ebay. You can still make a contract with weazel IC to advertise your property or something.

I see no real reason to complicate the process for the forum market place we have now. It's simple, fast, works and it's free.

Honestly I think the classifieds section fit better for this. As the classified section says “anything you might see on a newspaper.” Why would we rent an expensive space on a page of the weazel newspaper when we can just post for free there? Also I think its pretty unrealistic when someone replies to your classified posts, doesn’t really make sense. This section should be reserved for Weazel and disable replies.

-1 What your saying is a good idea, however I think advertisements on the forum are more web based, meaning that the way it is designed is more so to replicate something similar to eBay / online listings. Meaning that users can decide what they want to advertise / if they want to have a buyout price or start a bid etc. Great idea, but seems like too much hassle and would be making something which is quite simple , more difficult in the long term. 😛

Just like in real life there are areas where people can make postings such as ebay and craigslist. They are free and seller managed. There is a very clear benefit to using Weazel in game as that is that your advertisement is seen by ALL citizens who are in town whereas the forums are limited to those who actually check it. Also the forums are a place where we can show our creativity and make/manage our postings in a way that represents our characters. This shouldn't be taken away.

Edited by Aldarine
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. I see the point completely, though just thought it might be an idea to help keep things up to date on the forums. 1 particular post I read yesterday was someone asking if a property was still for sale and the former seller replying with someone under the terms of (sold straight away at that price. stop bumping) which to me was a little uncalled for since he simply still obviously hadn't done anything with the post to indicate the property was sold. If you can take the time to post an ad then surely you can take a second to edit the title and/or post and classify it sold.

If something sells in ebay it generally disappears straight away, and this I guess is where my intentions were with the idea.

Thanks again all. Enjoy! 🙂 

-1 Weasel has recently decided they only take advertisement requests instead of community info and other such requests... not sure why but A: I think weazel NEWS is trying to be weazel advertising. We dont need them to sell our stuff. We need them to do news.