Bala

Gang on Gang Imbalance

My point was, there is no real benefit other than gun imports, which again, are accessible through RP regardless. There are tons of players with huge stashes of guns and ammo. It makes it more organized and that's all. Being able to see who's online and offline and who's inactive and who isnt. The treasury can be easily maintained without an F4 Menu, (Book keeper type of rank). Everything you can do with the F4 menu, you can do without it. We are meant to oversee other gangs, to be the pillar of organized crime. Everything people complain about when it comes to us is the same thing we're supposed to be doing. We are meant to police unofficial gangs and police are meant to keep us in check, that's the food chain and it has to be that way. 

Yes, sometimes you see us convoying up and causing destruction to another gang but that's because we're quite literally doing our job. If we feel like they no longer should exist, then we wipe them out and give room for other gangs to take their place. If we got uncontrolled and completely out of line 24/7, PD will do the same thing to us. 

@Kyle White Raven

Edited by shinx17

6 minutes ago, shinx17 said:

My point was, there is no real benefit other than gun imports, which again, are accessible through RP regardless. There are tons of players with huge stashes of guns and ammo. It makes it more organized and that's all. Being able to see who's online and offline and who's inactive and who isnt. The treasury can be easily maintained without an F4 Menu, (Book keeper type of rank). Everything you can do with the F4 menu, you can do without it. We are meant to oversee other gangs, to be the pillar of organized crime. Everything people complain about when it comes to us is the same thing we're supposed to be doing. We are meant to police unofficial gangs and police are meant to keep us in check, that's the food chain and it has to be that way. 

Yes, sometimes you see us convoying up and causing destruction to another gang but that's because we're quite literally doing our job. If we feel like they no longer should exist, then we wipe them out and give room for other gangs to take their place. If we got uncontrolled and completely out of line 24/7, PD will do the same thing to us. 

I'm not sure why you are arguing your point to me. I have been on your side throughout the entire thread. XD 

1 hour ago, shinx17 said:

@Kyle White Raven

Having a centralized bank not owned by a player and seeing who's online are things that would greatly increase the QOL playing crim, just those two things would be great, and you could even put it behind a member threshold so you would need a minimum of 10 players in the gang before you have access

21 hours ago, JayGamble said:

There is some major ignorance on your part; Both "The Wanted" & "The Rooks" exist, with massive numbers, and we have zero issues among st each other due to arrangements created between the two groups. Taking things out of context, and trying to address a problem that doesn't really exist, from the entire opposite side of the spectrum is confusing, to say the least.

The entire city has tried, it didn't work out that way. We have not been the majority, and still come out on top.

Perhaps Mr. Gamble, you might be right, I might be ignorant. However, I think you like being on top far too much to ever risk wanting to changing things.

There isn't a context, it's a big moment in the server's story where multiple factions are meeting and you've got that numerical advantage. What else could Seaweed do but either spread their asscheeks for you and let you do whatever or they can stand up to you and still get rolled over with ease.

The Wanted and The Rooks technically exist, but they aren't in the conversation for a reason. They aren't in the same league as Zetas and Triads and it's this little birthday party alliance that keeps the other factions out of things. Fuck, if I was making a faction, i wouldn't even wanna bother in this climate.

The last faction to truly do things right and have real clout was AVLN and they stopped in March. Since then the gang roleplay in this server has been nothing more than a daisy chain. As long as you get your ring kissed every now and then, the status quo stays the same.

21 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

Why fight for the top when you can both sit there comfortably as a team. 

People moan about gang wars happening as is, can you imagine if the two largest factions were to be clashing heads 24/7. 

I'd also like to make it clear, both Triads and Zetas don't rob smaller groups, we have other ways of managing them. 

It's not like our two factions just were given their members and awarded their place, we all worked hard for it and have earned mutual respect for each other. 

People moan about the gang wars when it's unequal sides. You two are probably as equal as it's going to get and you choose to hold hands with one another instead of competing, it's so lazy. 

It wouldn't surprise me if your two factions have a photoshopped map carved up like a cake,

"Here Mr. Gamble, I saved you the biggest piece of Vinewood."
"Why Mr. Wong! this cake is simply delicious, how do you make it so light and moist?"
"Why Jay.. you don't mind if I call you Jay do you? The key ingredients are love, understanding and admiration for your faction and all they do."
"That is music to my ears Brucey boy, I love the way that we stand outside our grocery store and you ride around all day on your moto-bicycles. Make it make that noise on it that i love so much."
"Beep."
"Ah delightful, let's go and find some farmers to steal from!"

21 hours ago, Tezhl said:

I mean between 1918-1980's Mafia's joined forces to start a criminal syndicate by the name of the Commission; who ran the criminal underworld for the entirety of that time. Any new blood would have to pay the fee or cease to exist by the will of the Commission.  

Bruh, the Commission was more or less the same people. Italians, Sicilians, Italian Americans, Sicilian Americans. I'm not sure Lucky Luciano would think much to a Latino Street Gang holding hands with a Chinese Mafia. They were a shared people, a shared culture. At least that made some actual sense.

20 hours ago, JayGamble said:

unknown.png|

This is how The Triads and Los Zetas started. Through diplomacy, and RP we have become quite good friends, and they are now one of the strongest gangs in the city. Perhaps when gangs learn how to be diplomatic, versus mindlessly shooting people all day, they will also grow into large organizations as some that exist on the server today.

It's a better love story than twilight. Did you choose Edward or Jacob in the end, Bella Gamble? All the gangs being diplomatic sounds absolutely delightful, is this a GTA roleplay server or Habbo Hotel? These diplomatic gangs are mindlessly shooting people, but exclusively, no shots are being fired against those that are in a position to fight back.

16 hours ago, Hootless said:

I think its insane your trying to talk about what needs to be changed in criminal RP when you aren't a criminal. It is much more beneficial for us to be allied rather than to be at war, it is not our fault that other gangs cant hold it together long enough to get to where we are. 

12 hours ago, WeeMeme said:

How dare two gangs with mutual friendships get along! 

Maybe it's because I'm not a criminal that I see things more clearly. It makes no difference to me what side wins, what bothers me is that criminal role-play is always going to be hamstrung when things like this are a thing. There is no point of a Wanted or a Seaweed or Rooks or whoever even trying to make a move because ultimately you're dealing with a faction thats twice-thrice-quadruple your size in some cases.

I'm in the biggest gang in the server, the LSPD so I'm not getting bullied no matter what but the little guy, little Freddy Farmer or Michael Miner, he gets force-fed shit sandwiches multiple times a day because you're all too busy chasing cheap wins against people that can't fight back. 

11 hours ago, TurbineT said:

It’s called power and stability . It’s how criminal organisations work and prosper. And the taxes , well that’s how the system works , to show power and authority. There’s no bias here. Look at the PD, if the triads and zetas were to go to war and have to fend off the PD, where would we stand ? It’s compromise and diplomacy, it’s how criminal organisations have worked for years and will continue too , plus the taxes will not stop. It shows who’s in charge and to respect them rules. 

- Frank Manocchio  

It's called bullshit. It's just an in-character extension of not wanting to lose. You see the same attitude on a lot of these threads when people try and alter things for the better. Honestly in terms of the PD, we don't care who we arrest. If you commit a crime, it don't matter if you are a zeta or a beta. What does tend to annoy us though is when the big fish pick on the little guy. 

Criminal organisations work within their own, they might entertain business relationships with other organisations but the end result is the want for betterment of their own organisation. Ultimately this leads to competition to be the best. Zetas and Triads should be vying for top spot, not sharing it, that's retarded.

11 hours ago, Draugas said:

Why fight for the top when you can both sit there comfortably as a team.  - Loooool so maybe one or the other drop their faction and join one another and become one ? Comfortably as a team lool

Fortunately I can see the sarcasm in this lmao but it's true. It's like a Gang Human Centipede.

I didn't make this thread to try and change anything, I'm not that naive. I just wanted to highlight how dumb and counter-productive to having an exciting server for everyone that plays this little hug-a-thug movement is. It worked, I got more nibbles than fishing at the pier.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shinx17 said:

@Kyle White Raven

I mean if the F4 menu isn't an advantage then what is the issue with letting others have it ? Or getting rid of it altogether? Fact is the script is the only way someone can get weapons from the source, I understand your point that gangs can still trade with other gangs, but the disadvantage is still there. Now, if it were the case that gang X or gang Y had control of the gun market because they control a certain turf or have RP'ly set up a gun manufacturing network then that would be a lot more plausible. I don't think the way to do it is magically give access to these things to certain gangs, ya feel.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Perhaps Mr. Gamble, you might be right, I might be ignorant. However, I think you like being on top far too much to ever risk wanting to changing things.

There isn't a context, it's a big moment in the server's story where multiple factions are meeting and you've got that numerical advantage. What else could Seaweed do but either spread their asscheeks for you and let you do whatever or they can stand up to you and still get rolled over with ease.

The Wanted and The Rooks technically exist, but they aren't in the conversation for a reason. They aren't in the same league as Zetas and Triads and it's this little birthday party alliance that keeps the other factions out of things. Fuck, if I was making a faction, i wouldn't even wanna bother in this climate.

The last faction to truly do things right and have real clout was AVLN and they stopped in March. Since then the gang roleplay in this server has been nothing more than a daisy chain. As long as you get your ring kissed every now and then, the status quo stays the same.

People moan about the gang wars when it's unequal sides. You two are probably as equal as it's going to get and you choose to hold hands with one another instead of competing, it's so lazy. 

It wouldn't surprise me if your two factions have a photoshopped map carved up like a cake,

"Here Mr. Gamble, I saved you the biggest piece of Vinewood."
"Why Mr. Wong! this cake is simply delicious, how do you make it so light and moist?"
"Why Jay.. you don't mind if I call you Jay do you? The key ingredients are love, understanding and admiration for your faction and all they do."
"That is music to my ears Brucey boy, I love the way that we stand outside our grocery store and you ride around all day on your moto-bicycles. Make it make that noise on it that i love so much."
"Beep."
"Ah delightful, let's go and find some farmers to steal from!"

Bruh, the Commission was more or less the same people. Italians, Sicilians, Italian Americans, Sicilian Americans. I'm not sure Lucky Luciano would think much to a Latino Street Gang holding hands with a Chinese Mafia. They were a shared people, a shared culture. At least that made some actual sense.

It's a better love story than twilight. Did you choose Edward or Jacob in the end, Bella Gamble? All the gangs being diplomatic sounds absolutely delightful, is this a GTA roleplay server or Habbo Hotel? These diplomatic gangs are mindlessly shooting people, but exclusively, no shots are being fired against those that are in a position to fight back.

Maybe it's because I'm not a criminal that I see things more clearly. It makes no difference to me what side wins, what bothers me is that criminal role-play is always going to be hamstrung when things like this are a thing. There is no point of a Wanted or a Seaweed or Rooks or whoever even trying to make a move because ultimately you're dealing with a faction thats twice-thrice-quadruple your size in some cases.

I'm in the biggest gang in the server, the LSPD so I'm not getting bullied no matter what but the little guy, little Freddy Farmer or Michael Miner, he gets force-fed shit sandwiches multiple times a day because you're all too busy chasing cheap wins against people that can't fight back. 

It's called bullshit. It's just an in-character extension of not wanting to lose. You see the same attitude on a lot of these threads when people try and alter things for the better. Honestly in terms of the PD, we don't care who we arrest. If you commit a crime, it don't matter if you are a zeta or a beta. What does tend to annoy us though is when the big fish pick on the little guy. 

Criminal organisations work within their own, they might entertain business relationships with other organisations but the end result is the want for betterment of their own organisation. Ultimately this leads to competition to be the best. Zetas and Triads should be vying for top spot, not sharing it, that's retarded.

Fortunately I can see the sarcasm in this lmao but it's true. It's like a Gang Human Centipede.

I didn't make this thread to try and change anything, I'm not that naive. I just wanted to highlight how dumb and counter-productive to having an exciting server for everyone that plays this little hug-a-thug movement is. It worked, I got more nibbles than fishing at the pier.

Honestly yo, everything you just wrote only highlighted how simple minded you can honestly be. I'm not trying to insult you but it's true, you have zero clue about what's going on and you were not part of any of it. You have no idea how gang politics work. The fact that you said the only gang to do it right was AVLN showed your ignorance. I bet my bottom dollar you don't even know why that beef even started. All of the gangs you see in power came up from the mud and it's people like you hating from a distance that's the most annoying. You didn't pay attention to shit anyone said in this post, yet you decided to still reply and remain on your high horse. Get out of your body armor and come walk in our shoes and see if you make it anywhere. You're really out here gladly ignorant as shit and it's like you're proud of it. I'd rather hear the opinion of Officer Hamilton than you. At least the dude is on the field 24/7 dealing with gangs rather than giving out parking tickets like candy.

Seriously, who's mans is this? Get his ass a snickers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tripcee said:

So go around the city with groups of 20+ people equiped with ak's and super cars? yeah your life is tough dude

Yeah exactly, grow like AMVL and stop making excuses. Lame ass dudes really think they deserve the world because they say so. Let me sum it up to you, lace up your boots, stop making excuses and step your weight up. If you're making excuses about "20+ people" grow and stop being stagnant. I don't understand why people think it's okay to think they deserve shit just by existing and putting zero work in. That's lazy as hell.

It seems like at this point you just don't like that fact you aren't the master of the story. Roleplay is done how the players see fit, and according to your theory of the "Big bad gangs" we are executing the RP we see fit. An for the record most "Larger" gangs do not typically go against farmers/miners as it's considered poor sport. 

• Like 2

Just now, shinx17 said:

Yeah exactly, grow like AMVL and stop making excuses. Lame ass dudes really think they deserve the world because they say so. Let me sum it up to you, lace up your boots, stop making excuses and step your weight up. If you're making excuses about "20+ people" grow and stop being stagnant. I don't understand why people think it's okay to think they deserve shit just by existing and putting zero work in. That's lazy as hell.

20+ is being reserved, with both triads/zetas running around you probably have close to 50 people armed to the teeth, always trying to fuck you up, hard to grow when members dont want to stay because they are constantly getting fucked by the big 2

17 minutes ago, Tripcee said:

20+ is being reserved, with both triads/zetas running around you probably have close to 50 people armed to the teeth, always trying to fuck you up, hard to grow when members dont want to stay because they are constantly getting fucked by the big 2

More excuses. keep your head low and recruit. Narcos did it, LC did it, wanted did it, rooks did it, Irish did it, AMVL did it. So many people before you did it and here you are with 6 people complaining about numbers. You sit there stagnant, barely recruit, barely organized, leadership not even around during war times and you keep making excuses. Again, I'm seriously not trying to be insulting but this shit needs to stop. You can't possibly tell me you're thinking before you speak. Every gang before you stepped into the street and faught it out like men, win or lose. Sand gang gave us a horrible time, Narcos was about it and Vice Lords came out into the street as well. No excuses, no talk about numbers, just war with leaders calling the shots. 

This shit is for everyone here. If ANYONE remembers the canal fights, dock fight and vespucci fights in the previous war with wanted, irish, etc. Put this man up to speed. If any MD or cops remember that shit, tell him how many bodies yall picked up on the streets in the middle of gun fire.

Listen to the ambiance cuz 2:30

Edited by shinx17

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

I am 100% correct if you think "being" on top is my major goal, and that I would be uncomfortable changing, and putting that at risk, it's been at risk numerous times.

59 minutes ago, Tripcee said:

We let you operate for almost 2 months, without any bother to see how you would do and I'm sorry man, but your group ran around robbing civvies and killing cops all day, you guys have outright said you're a "rebel" group; well this is what happens to those who rebel against criminal authority.

Edited by JayGamble
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JayGamble said:

We let you operate for almost 2 months, without any bother to see how you would do and I'm sorry man, but your group ran around robbing civvies and killing cops all day, you guys have outright said you're a "rebel" group; well this is what happens to those who rebel against criminal authority.

Just wondering, what else is a gang supposed to do. You talk about diplomacy, in your eyes that means sitting in front of your precious store and talking shit about people who roll by. I mean what do you expect from a gang that can’t import weapons for profit, to go around and use their words to solve problems, “diplomacy”. Correct me if I’m wrong, im not, didn’t the zetas go around “robbing civvies and killing cops all day” to get to where you are. You say you have to put in time and effort but apparently that time and effort that GANGS have to put in to grow goes against the “criminal authority” that you have apparently implemented to the sever. If you give a proper alternative to “robbing civvies and killing cops all day” besides saying “USE DIPLOMACY” all the fucking time, someone might actually listen. But no, you just make up some dumbass excuse to get gangs to stop growing and getting more powerful so that you can stay on top. 

Anyway, I know this isn’t gonna affect the way you think and your going to continue to be the way you are thinking that your the sever alpha dog, but I’m telling you, it’s not gonna be that way forever. Just remember all the big gangs before you. All good things come to an end. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HDKSamurai said:

Just wondering, what else is a gang supposed to do. You talk about diplomacy, in your eyes that means sitting in front of your precious store and talking shit about people who roll by. I mean what do you expect from a gang that can’t import weapons for profit, to go around and use their words to solve problems, “diplomacy”. Correct me if I’m wrong, im not, didn’t the zetas go around “robbing civvies and killing cops all day” to get to where you are. You say you have to put in time and effort but apparently that time and effort that GANGS have to put in to grow goes against the “criminal authority” that you have apparently implemented to the sever. If you give a proper alternative to “robbing civvies and killing cops all day” besides saying “USE DIPLOMACY” all the fucking time, someone might actually listen. But no, you just make up some dumbass excuse to get gangs to stop growing and getting more powerful so that you can stay on top. 

Anyway, I know this isn’t gonna affect the way you think and your going to continue to be the way you are thinking that your the sever alpha dog, but I’m telling you, it’s not gonna be that way forever. Just remember all the big gangs before you. All good things come to an end. 

If you think standing with us at the store constitutes as diplomacy, you would be sorely mistaken. To clarify, Los Zetas has never been okay with robbing your average civilian, or looking for targets without merit; many of the people who couldn't adapt to our ideals have long been removed, or faded away. A gang can always attempt to import for profit; we sold more weapons than most when we had zero access to a warehouse in the past. A gang can establish social events, and show they are about more than just ruthlessly killing, and robbing for sport. Yes, we have implemented a criminal authority as several of the strongest, and longest standing groups. It works, and allows gangs to grow without concern of our presence, and allows us to maintain a balance in which we think is fair, and reasonable. I mention using diplomacy multiple times, but you seem to  be unable grasp the word at all, and perhaps that is why you're in the position you are. We too started out small, and played our position and grew, same as Triads, and every other long-term gang here. You guys wanted to prove you weren't equal to the rest, and ultimately have been shown that just isn't the case. 

2 hours ago, HDKSamurai said:

I mean what do you expect from a gang that can’t import weapons for profit, to go around and use their words to solve problems, “diplomacy”.

I think this sorta explains your mentality in itself, because yes, that's exactly what I expect, and it's what we have put in practice to help accomplish our goals.

18 hours ago, Javed11 said:

As someone who was involved in both the Vice vs Zeta/Irish/Clowns as a Vice char, and the war between Irish/Wanted + Small Gangs vs Clowns/Zetas, there are still plenty of wars and drama between big factions, right now It would be idiotic for Zetas and Triads to go to war in both an RP stand point and a financial standpoint. 

Feels bad man when you don't have your facts straight who was involved and who was the main players during both wars. 😞

17 hours ago, HDKSamurai said:

Every gang has started out robbing civilians, there is no real other way to start besides just robbing gang members and being a vigilante group. There are plenty of ways to be a different type of gang however. You could be a street gang that lives in Grove, and RPs with everyone there and the Hood, or some Chinese gang that is based on the ports of the city, RPing different types of crime rather than just robbing people. You aren't just limited to robbing people or being the best.

But there is one thing that has always 100% existed in Gangs here…and that is Diplomacy. Let me tell you a story…

Before “The Big 3” fell and broke up into smaller gangs, they were all linked by diplomacy. I guess you would say it was “The Council” before it existed, The Exiled, The Irish, and The Firm (previously The Order). They all had an alliance with one another (and all owned turf), using the same prices on imports, selling different types of drugs for the same prices, and pretty much just doing things within in agreement of the 3. However, people, just like now, got annoyed with how the 3 largest gangs were in a huge alliance and they were untouchable. You declare on 1, you fight all 3. So smaller gangs finally had enough of them pushing them around and dictating how criminals operate and that lead to the smaller gangs banding together. Gut Pushers, The Commission, Outlaws, and a few other smaller gangs made up an alliance of their own, and all focused on hitting the bigger gangs. The smaller ones were good at baiting and trapping constantly. They did a lot of guerrilla warfare and it happened every… single… day for, I think, about a month. Eventually, “The Big 3” fell and were dissolved.

So, when Jay said “…it’s been at risk numerous times.” He isn’t lying. Zetas have been in multiple wars, brutal wars, long and short wars. They have survived because of how they use diplomacy, and how they coordinate their moves with their allies and other gangs within the city. Numbers don't mean a damn thing. “The Big 3” had a total of about 200 players between them, while the smaller gangs amounted to about 50, IF that.

Diplomacy between gangs not only makes sense in time of war or hardship, but also it creates the ONE thing we are ALL here to do… and that is RP.

Edited by Nubbsauce
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

Every gang has started out robbing civilians, there is no real other way to start besides just robbing gang members and being a vigilante group. There are plenty of ways to be a different type of gang however. You could be a street gang that lives in Grove, and RPs with everyone there and the Hood, or some Chinese gang that is based on the ports of the city, RPing different types of crime rather than just robbing people. You aren't just limited to robbing people or being the best.

But there is one thing that has always 100% existed in Gangs here…and that is Diplomacy. Let me tell you a story…

Before “The Big 3” fell and broke up into smaller gangs, they were all linked by diplomacy. I guess you would say it was “The Council” before it existed, The Exiled, The Irish, and The Firm (previously The Order). They all had an alliance with one another (and all owned turf), using the same prices on imports, selling different types of drugs for the same prices, and pretty much just doing things within in agreement of the 3. However, people, just like now, got annoyed with how the 3 largest gangs were in a huge alliance and they were untouchable. You declare on 1, you fight all 3. So smaller gangs finally had enough of them pushing them around and dictating how criminals operate and that lead to the smaller gangs banding together. Gut Pushers, The Commission, Outlaws, and a few other smaller gangs made up an alliance of their own, and all focused on hitting the bigger gangs. The smaller ones were good at baiting and trapping constantly. They did a lot of guerrilla warfare and it happened every… single… day for, I think, about a month. Eventually, “The Big 3” fell and were dissolved.

So, when Jay said “…it’s been at risk numerous times.” He isn’t lying. Zetas have been in multiple wars, brutal wars, long and short wars. They have survived because of how they use diplomacy, and how they coordinate their moves with their allies and other gangs within the city. Numbers don't mean a damn thing. “The Big 3” had a total of about 200 players between them, while the smaller gangs amounted to about 50, IF that.

Diplomacy between gangs not only makes sense in time of war or hardship, but also it creates the ONE thing we are ALL here to do… and that is RP.

Keep in mind that this was during the turf and warehouse system, where smaller gangs working together could take over turfs and warehouses, which would make the bigger gangs not able to import. As it stands, a small gang that pisses off the Zetas will never be able to stop them from importing, and they will never be able to import, because all official gangs are allies of zetas and will back them in the war. Back in the day they could've even taken over a warehouse and started importing themselves. That is no longer possible.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Keep in mind that this was during the turf and warehouse system, where smaller gangs working together could take over turfs and warehouses, which would make the bigger gangs not able to import. As it stands, a small gang that pisses off the Zetas will never be able to stop them from importing, and they will never be able to import, because all official gangs are allies of zetas and will back them in the war. Back in the day they could've even taken over a warehouse and started importing themselves. That is no longer possible.

I know, I mentioned turfs in it. 

But even now, that doesn't really effect anything. Gangs can easily get their hands on weaponry by creating a business deal with the larger gangs who can import. Which by the way, the process of getting official, is not just "Hey you have 30 people here are guns!", and the gangs who get it def deserve it. But all this comes back to diplomacy. A gang of 5-10 people could easily get in contact with a larger gang based on information passed through word of mouth, then request they meet to get introduced and possibly talk about a business agreement, etc. 

A few of the times, smaller gangs tend to just be "Yeah we are blah blah and nothing is gonna stand in our way" and have this arrogant attitude and come at the larger gangs in a bad way or just think they can just rob anyone they want without consequence or retaliation. Maybe it stems from them not exactly knowing what they want their gang to be so they just want to be the best gang in LS, who knows. But I'm sure if a gang sat down and really figured out what they wanted to be, how they wanted to be seen, and how they want to do business, you wouldn't have these small war outbreaks here and there.

Edited by Nubbsauce

13 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

I know, I mentioned turfs in it. 

But even now, that doesn't really effect anything. Gangs can easily get their hands on weaponry by creating a business deal with the larger gangs who can import. Which by the way, the process of getting official, is not just "Hey you have 30 people here are guns!", and the gangs who get it def deserve it. But all this comes back to diplomacy. A gang of 5-10 people could easily get in contact with a larger gang based on information passed through word of mouth, then request they meet to get introduced and possibly talk about a business agreement, etc. 

A few of the times, smaller gangs tend to just be "Yeah we are blah blah and nothing is gonna stand in our way" and have this arrogant attitude and come at the larger gangs in a bad way or just think they can just rob anyone they want without consequence or retaliation. Maybe it stems from them not exactly knowing what they want their gang to be so they just want to be the best gang in LS, who knows. But I'm sure if a gang sat down and really figured out what they wanted to be, how they wanted to be seen, and how they want to do business, you wouldn't have these small war outbreaks here and there.

The point was that once war starts, the official factions have an unbreakable monopoly on importing weapons because of their permanent alliance.

Yes, during times of peace, anyone can purchase weapons. However if let's say Seaweed wanted to get heavy weapons today. Who would sell to them? When the two official factions are allies, and at war against them? 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

The point was that once war starts, the official factions have an unbreakable monopoly on importing weapons because of their permanent alliance.

Yes, during times of peace, anyone can purchase weapons. However if let's say Seaweed wanted to get heavy weapons today. Who would sell to them? When the two official factions are allies, and at war against them? 

They can Rply find an older player who was around back when warehouses were a thing like we did and stock up. There are plenty of those people around, most of which I come across on a semi consistent basis. No, they cannot obtain these weapons from us but there will always be some rich guy out there that wants to supply a war for profit. War=profit on so many levels. I also want to point out that although we have rival gangs, business and logic can be separate for us most days. If we feel like a group will eventually become hostile, we will still provide them with weapons for profit at the end of the day. The council has more monopoly than just heavy weapons as well, there's also gun stores, gas stations, car dealerships, etc.

I can agree that from a distance, it can seem like an unstoppable power house, you take 10 AK's from us and we import 40 more but we are in nature meant to police other gangs. Before this official thing was released, there was a rumor that PD would be able to RPly shut down a faction and they were in the proccess to make that happen during the war with Irish. The commissioner was collecting evidence on us, PD were IDing dead bodies and they were taking pictures from the hills while the gangs fought. They got to the point where they were about ready to raid every single members house and came up with the Racketeering law, I'm sure a lot of us remember. This is basically the same thing we do when we consider a gang unfit. Seaweed was MUCH different than most gangs because like Jay said, we gave them two months to grow. While we were taxing other gangs, we let them breathe free of charge and we actually wanted to groom them into something bigger, we had many conversations on that matter. So they were in a huge position to win and that's why I said there is no excuses for any gang that exist today. We offered them weapons for the low back then and everything and of course, they didn't take the offer, which was their decision. These guys had the Council ready to aid them in whatever they needed and that's the side no one seems to understand. They had EVERYTHING a gang needed to be as big as us and as powerful but when they don't use the cards they were dealt, we're somewhat at fault for cleaning that up? There is nothing wrong with the way official factions do things.

Here's the reality of it guys, there's only so much brute force can do. Yeah, you can wipe out a few people with it but when you become stagnant, your muscles weaken and that's the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

There are plenty of neutral parties out there who have heavies and will sell them. It isn't a "Yeah go kill zeta" or "yeah go kill triads" it's "You wan't to buy weapons to protect yourself, it will cost this much" and that's it. 

Also, Neutrality is a thing in gangs, but it has to be done correctly. You can't claim neutrality and pick a side and only 1 side. That's where mistakes were made. Once you choose a side instead of thinking about the consequences, that's when you'll get blind sided.

• Like 1