Philo

Rehab for every rule you break

You only get 2 DM warnings for a perma ban, its so unfair to only have 2 chances for your entire ECRP life. My suggestion here is if you DM someone today and get DM#1 you need to never DM for 3-6 months for DM#1 to be cleared from your account so when you DM again after 3-6 months you get DM#1 and the same period of time on your account. 

DM#1 is 60 mins jail and DM#2 is a perma ban. So getting DM#2 before 3-6 months should apply but if you have rehabbed for 3-6 months with no DM breaks you should not be getting DM#2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have never broke any rule, probably never will cause I know my shit. But having DM rule broken only 2 times forever is just stupid. You might have a bad day someday and make a mistake. I mean I wouldn't be permanently banned from my house if I had a shout at my father 2 times for lifetime.

+1 I think it should have certain criteria to be a perm (obviously I'm a nobody in the eyes of staff) but having someone receive a DM for firing a few bullets and not killing them seems too rough. I get the whole "this server enforces strict rules to keep the quality of RP" but seeing people who've been around for a long time getting permad is crappy to see. Especially with some of their playtimes 

Edited by DGanja

It's such a serious punishment that I can see why it's warranted, but if a player has shown some rehabilitation and hasn't committed the offense for several months then that should be taken into account.

It shouldn't be so rigid that it's automatically:

1. first offense DM 60 minutes admin jail

2. second offense permanently banned from the server; with your only opportunity to return via appealing.

------------------------------

It should especially take into account the severity of each offense. If a player commits a clear DM, for instance, just driving up to another player and with no interaction just running them over; that should be a more severe punishment then 2 players communicating/RPing and escalating to a situation where DM occurs. In my opinion.

Overall +1.

Atleast it's fair you can appeal. Permanent isn't always that permanent.
I see this from 2 sides though. The fact this is so strict, probably makes you very cautious. If you made a mistake, you can sometimes even solve it with the opposite party that has been affected by you to prevent forum reports. Personally, I have requested to drop reports in the past as soon as I found out that the people that I report know that they were wrong. I don't always see the added value of having someone punished if they know what went wrong. 
Yes this is strict, but it affects mostly other playes quite a bit when broken.

I do have the say, I do not agree on the idea having punishments cleared from your record. You already get a second change on that specific rule before you get permanent banned (which isn't always that permanent like I said). So this doesn't necessarily include breaking other rules aswell.
I hope most people are well aware of the Deathmatch rules and I think basically the best solution is just.. Prevent breaking them. I believe having to appeal after breaking such rule 2 times, meaning it happend for a second time while you actually got punished for it before, is pretty fair. You will have to prove you understand what you did wrong. 

Now I am not saying I would never break rules in my life. Atleast, not intentionally and mistakes can happen, but breaking 1 rule 2 times does require some effort in proving you have learned in my opinion. Regardless of the time that passed. That is atleast how I see it.

Edited by Yputi

1 hour ago, Copperhorse said:

Your record shouldn't be held against you forever. The more playtime you have, the higher chance that you will make a mistake during that time. Having the same punishment for DM #2 for a player with 10 hours vs a player with 1000 hours just doesn't make any sense.

It does, because otherwise you're getting a free DM card every 10/100/1000 hours of playtime.

They already take this into account. I am not sure we need a specific system with complicated rules to lift old records of DM. 

For some of the examples given, the mods will ABSOLUTELY take into account how long your record is clean. If not in the actual punishment, certainly in the appeal. If you looks through the bans, and the appeals, you will see they consider the entire history of your record. I don't think it's needed to have an automated system of removing admin records.

9 hours ago, Copperhorse said:

Having the same punishment for DM #2 for a player with 10 hours vs a player with 1000 hours just doesn't make any sense.

Or maybe you'd expect that the person with a lot more hours would know better and behave in a way which wouldn't get them punished.

There is only 2 reasons you'd have to be concerned about getting the second warning, one being if your "RP" is shit tier trigger happy crap which generally sits close to the line of what would be classed as rule breaking.

Or the second reason you don't have enough self control to stop yourself from actually DM'ing.

Trying to call it a mistake to make what you've done seem like less of an issue in my view sits on the same level of those saying "IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO" after doing something completely stupid.

We are all expected to know and understand the rules upon entering the server and we are held to that understanding every single time we log in. Through our reporting and appeal process you are able to provide proof if it truly was a mistake as well as explain to our staff that you have learned from your mistake and time away should you be banned. Not all perma bans are actually perma due to our appeal process. Rule breaks are very serious in nature, especially DM, and having "rehab" or a time lapse for wiping the offense will only give players allowance to be clean for a bit before breaking the rule all over again. It can be easily argued that breaking the same rule just goes to show that you didn't really learn anything from your first rule break/punishment.

When server rules are broken you are disrupting the integrity of the server and ruining the enjoyment for other people. This should not be excused. It's very simple, don't break the rules you agreed to and again if it was a mistake, provide your proof, state your case on the forums. Should you read over punishment appeals, many things are considered before a final decision is made including time elapsed since your offense, your sincere feelings behind the rule break and what you learned, and your stated approach going forward should your punishment be lifted. If none of this wasn't taken into account, we wouldn't have an actual appeal process and it would just be perma ban and done.

Edited by Aldarine

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

We have no interest in creating some form of a rehab program, the DM punishments are severe because we see it as a severe server rule and it's what we as community managers see what's best for our community. It's not hard to not follow rules guys! 

Also good to note, while it technically says "permanent ban", it's more of an "indefinite ban" in most cases. It's permanent until appealed, where it then can either turn into a temporary ban, indefinite or just remain permanent. 

Unfortunately, our punishments are not a topic for discussion - Staff discusses internally if we feel that we need to change our punishment severity. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.