WhopperWithSeeesYT

Bodycam with no RP proof of installing

I lost my firearms license today because ID 17 turned on body cam without providing any sort of proof of installing bodycam or purchasing it at a store. The OOC evidence the police officers provided me was a picture of ID 17 turning on a body cam. If the person can't provide proof of installing a bodycam or purchasing it, I dont find it not enough to use a OOC video as IC evidence. I've been told by staff in the past that you have to Roleplay  purchasing a bodycam, installing it in your body and turn it on. I would be happy if (Eddie Junior) ID 17 could provide that proof. 

1588623278_Startingbodycam.png.916a047174bcbd77b243632b7ec0c0d6.png this is the picture the police (ID 81 or 8 ) OOC provided me on discord.

Sorry to hear about your license.

((This is an IC forum btw. 

I do not see the purpose of forcing people to RP buying a body cam/GoPro, because this is an action you only would do once and save the screen shot forever which in itself is pretty pointless.  He took the time to both /me and /time the RP item so I would assume he would have already RP bought it if it were required to do so [seeing as the /me + /time is currently required to use it].  That said this probably should be posted in server suggestions or Community/Discussions rather than IC/Roleplay section))

On 7/29/2019 at 3:32 AM, TreMetal said:

This is an IC forum btw. 

This is in off-topic(?)

On 7/28/2019 at 9:43 PM, WhopperWithSeeesYT said:

I lost my firearms license today because ID 17 turned on body cam without providing any sort of proof of installing bodycam or purchasing it at a store. The OOC evidence the police officers provided me was a picture of ID 17 turning on a body cam. If the person can't provide proof of installing a bodycam or purchasing it, I dont find it not enough to use a OOC video as IC evidence. I've been told by staff in the past that you have to Roleplay  purchasing a bodycam, installing it in your body and turn it on. I would be happy if (Eddie Junior) ID 17 could provide that proof. 

1588623278_Startingbodycam.png.916a047174bcbd77b243632b7ec0c0d6.png this is the picture the police (ID 81 or 8 ) OOC provided me on discord.

I saw your report got denied, if an admin deems its alright then shouldn’t you just let it go? Thats also how it goes for people in DCC, as long as when we clock in we RP /me turns on the dashcam. /do it would be recording. we are clear to go and I never got in any OOC trouble for it.

On 7/28/2019 at 11:26 PM, alexalex303 said:

(( As of right now, the server rules demand you have evidence of turning the recording apparatus on, there is no requirement to provide evidence of purchase. ))

Yeah that should be changed, one civilian shouldn't be allowed to just RP " /me turns the bodycam on " without even roleplaying buying bodycam or placing it on the body. That's poor RP and should be changed.

18 hours ago, kenichis said:

This is in off-topic(?)

I saw your report got denied, if an admin deems its alright then shouldn’t you just let it go? Thats also how it goes for people in DCC, as long as when we clock in we RP /me turns on the dashcam. /do it would be recording. we are clear to go and I never got in any OOC trouble for it.

Yeah i know, i was off playing for some days so i didn't check it all before now. But absolotely agree to not just let it go.

I looked through your profile and saw that you received a permaban that was appealed recently. From my PoV it seems that you just can’t accept the fact that doing crimes in character cost you in character things. Why should Eddie Junnior be punished for doing his IC job OOCly? Just doesn’t make much sense to me. Best if you just move on, you could always make a new character with some credits.

5 minutes ago, kenichis said:

I looked through your profile and saw that you received a permaban that was appealed recently. From my PoV it seems that you just can’t accept the fact that doing crimes in character cost you in character things. Why should Eddie Junnior be punished for doing his IC job OOCly? Just doesn’t make much sense to me. Best if you just move on, you could always make a new character with some credits.

It is not about my previous permaban, i wanted to clear out if it makes sence to " turn on a bodycam " without it being there. and then using it as IC evidence. I don't have any problem with losing that firearms license. And i never said i wanted " Eddie Junnior " IC name. To be banned at any moment. I'm not sure why you are insinuating i want anyone banned here.

8 minutes ago, WhopperWithSeeesYT said:

I'm not sure why you are insinuating i want anyone banned here.

Umm, I didn’t say that? I said punished OOCly does that automatically mean a ban? Was Eddie Junnior using the PD uniform at the time of the incident? If he does then what makes you think the PD doesn’t issue bodycams ICly?