Swifty

Weapon Suppliers

Weapon Suppliers 

Suggestion Premise:

With the new weapons license system came plenty of disgruntlement, seen in several threads (1, 2, 3, 4) here. The clear consensus from some of these threads is that some folks want another avenue for purchasing firearms. This is where this suggestion comes into play.

I’m suggesting we implement a new system in which a select group of players who apply and are selected by faction management to become distributors for illegal firearms. The system would / should NOT take away official factions ability to import guns, the aim is to simply create another avenue for players to acquire firearms that aren’t totally dependent on official factions.

The system would have eligibility requirements for those wishing to apply for a position, and would have rules (basics such as no weapon stockpiling, not a member of an official faction, etc.) that must be followed.

And that's that - I'm expecting the usual +1 or -1 as suggestions usually go, but I'd really love for folks actually reading and commenting on this thread to contribute more than that, a good and thoughtful discussion about this could possibly go a long way for such a system to be implemented.

Edited by Swifty
  • Like 1

+1 I think this is a great idea that could help a lot of players as far as obtaining weapons. I think it could also generate many role-play opportunities. It could be a faction in and of itself to distribute goods, legal or illegal. I think this idea could go a long way. It could be a structured faction, similar to PD or MD, with a clear leader, training etc etc and recruitment. 

+1, I really like this idea.

1. With the addition to your already proposed stuff, it should be added that not just everyone, after playing on a criminal character for 1 day is able to apply for the position. The player should provide a backstory for their character, complete with a bio, some pictures of their RP showing development of their character.( maybe even some moral values? He wouldn't be selling to a known cop murderers in the city, as that would mean cops would get on his ass, etc... ).

2. 99% of the weapons imported by the weapon suppliers should be pistols and ammunition for it, one man handling heavy weapons doesn't really fit.

3. Add an OOC/IC rule if caught by the PD for a crime related to him selling weapons or a crime that would result in a long imprisonment time IRL ( If someone spends 20 years in jail for a murder or something, doubt he would still have as many contacts ), remove him as a weapon supplier from the server.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

1. With the addition to your already proposed stuff, it should be added that not just everyone, after playing on a criminal character for 1 day is able to apply for the position. The player should provide a backstory for their character, complete with a bio, some pictures of their RP showing development of their character.( maybe even some moral values? He wouldn't be selling to a known cop murderers in the city, as that would mean cops would get on his ass, etc... ).

2. 99% of the weapons imported by the weapon suppliers should be pistols and ammunition for it, one man handling heavy weapons doesn't really fit.

3. Add an OOC/IC rule if caught by the PD for a crime related to him selling weapons or a crime that would result in a long imprisonment time IRL ( If someone spends 20 years in jail for a murder or something, doubt he would still have as many contacts ), remove him as a weapon supplier from the server.

With these modifications, I think the idea can create a lot of interesting roleplay, and I support it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sauer Stein said:

+1 I think this is a great idea that could help a lot of players as far as obtaining weapons. I think it could also generate many role-play opportunities. It could be a faction in and of itself to distribute goods, legal or illegal. I think this idea could go a long way. It could be a structured faction, similar to PD or MD, with a clear leader, training etc etc and recruitment.

The core premise behind this suggestion is an attempt to move away from total reliance on official gangs for illegal firearms, making this into a faction defeats the purpose of that.

39 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

Point 1: I totally agree, people who wish to apply and be a dealer must have a good character backstory, which details why and how they go into the business.  The aim should be to have a small group of the best of the best role-players who aren't in official factions be the ones that are the distributors of these weapons.

Point 2: I've got no issue with a large portion of the weapons being sold through these suppliers being pistols and ammo, but I wouldn't say that 99% of their stock should be of that.

Point 3: Being charged / prosecuted for trafficking would certainly kill off any further chances of being considered a supplier, no way is anyone gonna wanna team up with someone who clearly isn't doing a good job.

Edited by Swifty
  • Like 1

I like the idea but instead of it being something that you have to get faction approval from it should be something that is worked into the current illigal factions. For example giving gangs incentives to sell the weapons they import to criminals who arnt in gangs. This would create more avenues for gangs to roleplayt with people while also giving undercover police another way to try and catch criminals buying illigal guns or selling them. 

As it stands right now gangs just import guns for themselves and just horde them, but if they were to have an easy way to sell them to other players then it would be a lot easier for them to create more roleplay situations. 

Or another way it could be done is have an illigal side added to the trucking job that after a certain amount of xp earned (have it pretty high so not just anyone can start it) you can start to import/ deliver drugs and guns to a location and after the job was completed you get a gun or two. This makes it so LSPD can pull over truckers to do checks to see if they are importaning anything illigal, and so that there is still signicant risks of being caught. Either way this will creat more situations for roleplay.

Overall I like the idea and something like this should be added, it just should still be hard for criminals to get weapons just like in real life

• Like 1

Despite the amount of support here, I don't really see how it's realistic that some random people without solid support from powerful gangs in the city are able to get illegal firearms into the city and sell them. Stuff like this should be controlled by gangs.

What would be better is if there there were more but smaller official gangs that had preferred goods to smuggle. Some gangs want to control the flow of weapons, some gangs fight over production and distribution of drugs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.