Cinek0344

Raiding Houses

also before going to prison you're allowed to make a phone call right? so it would add another bit of rp where your friends/gang members would also have a set of keys and would have to clear your house of evidence before swat got there?

and if lets say you live in your "cousins" house then the house wouldnt be under your name and police would have no permanent residency under your name?

But it seems that everyone just hates this idea

Edited by Cinek0344

2 minutes ago, Appelgi said:

No, you cant have contact with anyone before going to prison.

i just searched it up and it seems that you can definitely make a phone call from prison (IRL that is) under the supervision of a prison guard

you could have a code word or phrase for this situation

also this is an RP server and not a gang simulator and since this would happen IRL then it should happen here as well? I'm not trying to be nasty towards criminals cause i rp as one as well, I just want the Los Santos laws to be as close as possible to IRL rules. Cause right now I don't feel like I have anything to lose, which is bad in my opinion. I have a house stashed full of shit and if a cop pulls me over and I have an active warrant then damn i'll put the handcuffs on myself so I'll get like a 30min sentence and then ill be back to doing gang stuff again?

Edited by Cinek0344

11 minutes ago, Cinek0344 said:

i just searched it up and it seems that you can definitely make a phone call from prison (IRL that is) under the supervision of a prison guard

also this is an RP server and not a gang simulator and since this would happen IRL then it should happen here as well?

IRL sure. but not ingame, you dont get a phone call.

also, as for your second point. Houses HAVE to be used to store stuff, there are no hidden warehouses, or any other discreet location you can hide items in as they are not scripted. IRL the weapons,ammo,drugs, etc. would not be in the smugglers house, there would be hidden locations, shell companies places that are not as obvious as your home, or another alias/ fake ID you would have your house under. You cant dig holes to hide stuff, buy shipping containers in the shipping yard to store alot of guns behind the legal front of lets say... a toy company, you can do none of this. You need to store your items in your home.

big -1 as it would remove alot of the criminal RP and detective RP. Whats the point of attempting to scout someone as a detective, see where they live, follow at a distance, etc. If you can just wait for them to get arrested, get the house locations (as you are forced to use houses scriptly, no other places to hide items in a building) and raid houses that way.

• Like 1

Well, as a matter of fact. SWAT raids houses of criminals in-game, yet we only do so when the need arises.

This can include situations in which the criminal fled to the house, or when multiple reports and evidence provided to us through one way or another confirm that the house has illegal contraband within its possessions. I do not believe raiding every criminal's house after they have been arrested for a felony such as "Murder of a government employee" makes alot of sense. As even now, in real life. House raids have to be authorized by a judge. They rarely happen and when they do, it is mostly if proof for illegal contraband inside the said house exists or if there is a serious danger of life (e.g 3 men being taken hostage) inside.

As someone who is a SWAT member on ECRP, I can tell you that throughout the 1 month and a half I have been in SWAT, I've raided only around 4 houses. While there have been countless times in which I could've gone into a house for one reason or another, I tend to do so only when there is absolute need. Or if I know for a fact that the house has multiple illegal weapons or contraband within it. This is done primarily for 2 main reasons, both OOCly and ICly ones.
The first, which is the OOC one. Focuses on the idea that at the end of the day, this is a game, we cannot go around and raid every house a criminal owns. Not only will this ruin most of the experience for them as a criminal, but this can also lead to hundreds of hours of game time lost. Something that one might become frustrated of both OOCly and ICly.
The second, which is the IC one. Is the one I have already mentioned, SWAT cannot go around raiding whatever house they wish due to the owner being a criminal. For us to go inside, we have a valid reason, one that urgently requires us to raid the house. This can vary from hostage situations to multiple wanted criminals in one house dealing with heavy weapons and etcetera.

Quite surprisingly, even if you believe every criminal with a murder charge needs his house to be raided. I do not believe the LSPD can do such a task, as we will have over 20 houses to raid every day. Meaning we will have only around 5 officers patrolling around and SWAT almost always occupied with house raids, which we RPly take very seriously and devote alot of time to. (RPing breaching the door, clearing the house, running fingerprint checks on the contraband we find, etc.)

19 hours ago, TheCanadian said:

big -1 as it would remove alot of the criminal RP and detective RP. Whats the point of attempting to scout someone as a detective, see where they live, follow at a distance, etc.

As of now, there is no script that allows LSPD, Lower ranks, and Higher ranks to know where you live. Which is why house raids are so rare in comparison to other RP communities, by no means do we go to a house simply due to how a criminal was arrested on the other side of the road.
With that being said, I believe that house raids should be kept as they are now. And that they remain that way, due to how time-consuming and experience-ruining it may be for criminals that would lose all of their 50 hours worth of gameplay stashes. We still raid houses, but only when there is a 100% need for the raid to happen. 

I have nothing more to add, hope you understood my point.

Edited by HaminLord
  • Like 1
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HaminLord said:

Well, as a matter of fact. SWAT raids houses of criminals in-game, yet we only do so when the need arises.

This can include situations in which the criminal fled to the house, or when multiple reports and evidence provided to us through one way or another confirm that the house has illegal contraband within its possessions. I do not believe raiding every criminal's house after they have been arrested for a felony such as "Murder of a government employee" makes alot of sense. As even now, in real life. House raids have to be authorized by a judge. They rarely happen and when they do, it is mostly if proof for illegal contraband inside the said house exists or if there is a serious danger of life (e.g 3 men being taken hostage) inside.

As someone who is a SWAT member on ECRP, I can tell you that throughout the 1 month and a half I have been in SWAT, I've raided only around 4 houses. While there have been countless times in which I could've gone into a house for one reason or another, I tend to do so only when there is absolute need. Or if I know for a fact that the house has multiple illegal weapons or contraband within it. This is done primarily for 2 main reasons, both OOCly and ICly ones.
The first, which is the OOC one. Focuses on the idea that at the end of the day, this is a game, we cannot go around and raid every house a criminal owns. Not only will this ruin most of the experience for them as a criminal, but this can also lead to hundreds of hours of game time lost. Something that one might become frustrated of both OOCly and ICly.
The second, which is the IC one. Is the one I have already mentioned, SWAT cannot go around raiding whatever house they wish due to the owner being a criminal. For us to go inside, we have a valid reason, one that urgently requires us to raid the house. This can vary from hostage situations to multiple wanted criminals in one house dealing with heavy weapons and etcetera.

Quite surprisingly, even if you believe every criminal with a murder charge needs his house to be raided. I do not believe the LSPD can do such as a take, as we will have over 20 houses to raid every day. Meaning we will have only around 5 officers patrolling around and SWAT almost always occupied with house raids, which we RPly take very seriously and devote alot of time to. (RPing breaching the door, clearing the house, running fingerprint checks on the contraband we find, etc.)

As of now, there is no script that allows LSPD, Lower ranks, and Higher ranks to know where you live. Which is why house raids are so rare in comparison to other RP communities, by no means do we go to a house simply due to how a criminal was arrested on the other side of the road.
With that being said, I believe that house raids should be kept as they are now. And that they remain that way, due to how time-consuming and experience-ruining it may be for criminals that would lose all of their 50 hours worth of gameplay stashes. We still raid houses, but only when there is a 100% need for the raid to happen. 

I have nothing more to add, hope you understood my point.

that is fair thank you for an actual explanation rather than just mocking this suggestion like others did, cause I post a lot of stuff here which Im not 100% behind either but these are just suggestions and I dont mind when people disagree but at least tell me why not just "-1 LOL"