Ynli

Suggestion about Shootouts

Hello everyone, I was thinking we have too many issues regarding gang shootouts, Lets say, one gang is surrounded by other gang and there's a massive shootout going on, but lets just say its a building and theres fightings in 2 different sides of that building of the same gangs, so people cannot see who was shooting on both sides, so if they run and contact the guys, in our main rules they cant shoot them, they can only ask for demands, but lets just say if they run 1 guy into 2 guys, he cant simply ask them to put hands up and get their attention and lose the advantage of not being spoted, so in my oppinion we should adjust the rule so in THAT SHOOTOUT AREA, While the shootout is active, both fighting gangs should be able to defend themselfs without giving commands, im not saying to do that when there's only like 5 or 6 guys fighting, im saying that when theres more than 10-20 people fighting, theres no chance you can remember who shot at you, and there's always massive amount of forum reports comming in after shootouts, even tho IRL in a gang fights there's no such thing as defending guys asking for a demands especially when they are outnumbered. if 1 guy must ask 2 guys to comply, ( obviously they wont ) he instantly loses his position, advantage and just dies. in my eyes that's just NON RP . ik you guys don't like shooting in RP most of you. but in our server we need to realise that its just basically Cops & Robbers. we have multiple gangs fighting on daily basis, so we need to do something for those guys who loses and gets hurt and starts reporting people just becouse he was shoot in a shootout lets just say when he never had chance to shoot , but he was running to shoot someone in his gang fight, 

I know its hard to understand what i'm saying here, but about this specific rule we need to make adjustments since THERES ALWAYS GONNA BE SHOOTOUTS in this server, and innocent guys gonna get bans, and maybe leaders can get bans and ruin the whole gang expierence for every man of his gang and his own just by fighting another gang in a shootout.

let me know what you think guys this is really important for all of us

Edited by Ynli
  • Like 1

I agree, this needs to be addressed, If you are RPing a Gangsta then you are to expect such shootouts to happen, if you don't like it or think its unfair to be shot and killed if one of your gang members started the fight and you didn't do anything, then gang RP is not for you. It is unrealistic RP in my eyes, if you think you can only be shot at in a gang fight if you have been given demands and decided not to act on them, in a huge gang fight lets say 10 v 10, you cant just have a few 1 on 1 in counters where people are trying to ask for demands, it just don't make scene and is not realistic, If your gang has engaged another gang in the same area, lets say a block radius, then every person in that area in them gangs are now in a active shootout, it's as simple as that surely? If you don't like it and you want to dip out of the fight, that's fair enough, then do so. but by sticking around you are accepting the chance to be killed by the enemy gang, same as them expecting the chance to be killed by one of yours. It's just a massive time waste for admins and even yourself posting player reports trying to get other players banned, in that type of circumstance. we are trying to make this a realistic server, when a gang fight goes down. then stuff like this will happen. So once again if you disagree with this post and your in a gang, you should maybe decide to go down a different path for your RP experience.

P.S I think a 10 to 15 minute cool down period should be in place in the radius where the fight broke out, where it is still classed as a active shootout. so any gang members who come within that radius after the gun fire has finished is still active for KOS.  otherwise you will have people reporting saying "I turned up after the fight stopped I got shot at and there was no demands" we will be in the same boat again then. also there could still be active shooters who are still in the gang fight or may be hiding around corners or something like that. 

Active shoot out between rival gangs should be a "DM area", but how are you going to seperate a casual guy just being in the wrong place at the wrong time and a rival gang member? That's the issue for me as it would be a very bad RP scenario for that individual who will be there by mistake, but i'm down for giving dm rights for rival gang members for that particular fight so it's a + - for me.

1 minute ago, Daniel_Underwood said:

Active shoot out between rival gangs should be a "DM area", but how are you going to seperate a casual guy just being in the wrong place at the wrong time and a rival gang member? That's the issue for me as it would be a very bad RP scenario for that individual who will be there by mistake, but i'm down for giving dm rights for rival gang members for that particular fight so it's a + - for me.

Well to be fair, if i was in a place and 2 gangs start going hell for leather, i would get the hell out of there, sure everyone else would do the same, just like if it happens in real life. 

Edited by Magz
spelling

There is some comments from the staff members which says : "GTA online", "Battle royale server". As from the staff members as a player I would like to see comments with more arguments added to it, not just two words about nothing. Also guys sadly, but in real life (i am not talking about movies, I am a fan of mafia documentaries), if a gang, mafia or criminal organization is fighting each other, there will be drive by shootouts ( where car goes, sprays some bullets to one or couple people and leaves the scene). I am not offering that drive by should be allowed, I am just making an argument with facts that if you are roleplaying a criminal which belongs to one gang and you are fighting another criminal gang - in real life you will not give demands in shootouts , because there is a WAR going and your life is at danger.

The rule HAS to be added about active shootouts, hot zone, war zone or you can call it how you want it, with more details on it, because what is happening now - some people uses and might use in the future these shootouts for their own favor to punish people OOC (to get him banned, because: " i didn't shoot you in the shootout and you didn't give me any demands").

This suggestion is really good and would prevent from reports and from people who will try harm another players  OOC. 

+1

Edited by ViktorR

this is one example of many, tell me how i could act diferently. im being shot in the back by the guy who dont have kos on me neither has any rights to shoot me, also i gave demands to a guy who was in the car, he ran and came back in same minute, yet  i had to shout to him "stop,hands up"? he was running to kill my guys on the roof yet he ran away when i was trying to get him out of car, if i would ask him to put his hands up while he was running there, i would be dead from the guy who was shooting me from gas station + he would instantly started to shoot with that ak, this is very good example of what im talking, its not battle royale its not gta online, its RP, criminal, but still RP, support staff should take a deep look at this from our perspective, now they just beeing negavite, with those kind of comments it feels like you dont even want to take a look into the whole situation. since you are not affected by it, it doesnt bother you. but it bothers for US since we are in the same scenario day by day and we need to do something about it. everyone wants to play, we dont want to get banned for some stupid things like this.

-1 This is an rp server, we are here to rp. If you want to constantly shoot people go to gta online. However I could see this being cool if you have documented rp for a long period of time leading to a situation like this as a climax, it would need to be setup by an admin and everyone involved would need to consent to avoid any reports. 

Edited by punched
  • Upvote 1

It is disappointing to see such negative response comments. The least you could do guys would be to give a little more feedback than that.

+1   (really cool idea, would need balancing heavy, surprised this ain't already a thing. 

But I agree with the comment. A system to help the natural flow of shootouts would be really beneficial for the server. As was suggested certain HotZones could be added where KOS between gangs may be allowed. To control this even further and to help prevent others from being caught in the crossfire I suggest also making these areas timed. For example, shooting between 20:00-06:00 is allowed. 

The current ruleset does not offer enough scope to effectively RP as a gang member, as others have said, IRL you would not wait for your friend to get shot and killed before engaging the enemy with words. It is just unrealistic. 

For example, I rolled up to another gang with 3 other people. We got out of the vehicle and approached the rival gang in an aggressive manner. A fight broke out and everyone in my gang was killed apart from me. Despite having been with the gang in the car, despite approaching in an aggressive manner I had not engaged the shooter directly so he did not have KOS on me. I simply just walked out of there (A witness). I totally expected to get shot, but I didn't, i walked away.

I would have been fine if died, i was part of a gang, thats gang life, You cant always pick when you are going to be in a shootout these things just happen. 

I feel so sad seing staff writing like this, you really have no understanding about this server, its based on criminal RP. we have more criminal activities who leads to shootouts than anything else in this server, money making is based on Drug making / car stealling and getting goverment benefits. after recent updates you cant work neither money transporter or bus driver or postal driver, getting way lower ammount of money than we used to. so its obviously in chopshops/drug making labs always will lead to a shootout, unless you expect to go make drugs and nobody will interupt you. if you expect family friendly rp go play no pixel or some other 32fivem server where theres little chance to meet actuall guy for a friendly rp against npcs. this server always was based on criminal rp since early times when we had turfs, main thing in server was rival gang fights over turfs. so please with that attituted with 0 understanding dont write negative comments, if you dont like the idea just comment why with reasonable explanation. im not suggesting making KOS rule dissapear in a shootout. im asking you to help us adjust the rule the way everyone would be happy. maybe only for the gangs who is fighting another gang only those guys would be able to defend themselfs with no giving commands. we need to think about this clearly, and get the solution for everyone to be happy 

4 hours ago, punched said:

-1 This is an rp server, we are here to rp. If you want to constantly shoot people go to gta online. However I could see this being cool if you have documented rp for a long period of time leading to a situation like this as a climax, it would need to be setup by an admin and everyone involved would need to consent to avoid any reports. 

Cant understand this comment. We all here to RP thats obvious since its gta5 rp server. But how it is rP when in the middle of fight you notice every guy with gun in active shootout scene at telling them to hands up. How it is normal rp scenrio to you? it makes zero sense.

+1 from me. It would make a lot of sense. To be fair you wont run in active shoot out scene with gun out just to run around. If you are there, you are ready to fight. For civils who are neutral and just in wrong time wrong place, they just can run away or/and hide. 

I am sad to see so many server support members responding like this without any explanation why not or why yes. 

Now our rules stating you need to give demands its NON RP in that kind of situation.

I think this should be the thing to look more in to it.

• Like 1

This got brought up before and there is a huge difference between shootouts in real life and shootouts in this game.

In real life you have the effects of adrenaline, and the inaccuracies of your weapons platform, plus any lack of accuracy stemming from the fact that you don't have proper weapon training (if you're a street thug).

In this game however, every single character is an expert marksman that will hit their mark 100% with a pistol, and an extremely large amounts of time with an automatic. Recoil is almost non-existent, same with lack of training.

You have extremely good control over who you hit with your bullets, compared to real-life where you may miss and hit someone else.

because of this, I don't think that making it so you can shoot anybody in the general idea is a good thing.

However I could see the argument being made that if people are associating via masks/clothes/vehicles or are just known associates of a group, and you're shooting at that group, you may shoot at everyone in the group, even if they didn't do anything other than be involved in the shootout. That's a lot more in line with the game rather than everyone in the general area.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

However I could see the argument being made that if people are associating via masks/clothes/vehicles or are just known associates of a group, and you're shooting at that group, you may shoot at everyone in the group, even if they didn't do anything other than be involved in the shootout. That's a lot more in line with the game rather than everyone in the general area.

This would be interesting and would allow for more flowing shootouts and RP scenarios than the previously mentioned designated area. By wearing a Gang Mask or outfit, or by using a specific car design/skin the player recognises the danger that comes with being in a gang. Currently, what are the drawbacks from being in a gang? If this was implemented then the fear of Constant attack from other gangs is heightened. It gives players more of a reason to join a gang and more of a reason to not.

IMO this is an excellent idea. Fights can erupt across the map, without warning and would still adhere to RP rule, (Think blood and Cribs), different colours could work. Of course, there would have to be supporting documents with faction clothing on display. 1 so people know what to wear and 2, so civilians know not what to where. 

+1 Great additional suggestion 

+1 Great Idea allowing for increased RP scenarios

With this implemented players could

Be a taxi driver being held up by a gang, only to be saved by a rival gang who saw their opportunity to attack

Blockaed could be establised which gangs control. Other gangs could come and fight for these positions

Raids on know rival gang locations could be started without warning 

This sense of heightened fear is something i suspect many would appreciate. Especially those that have been here a while and are worried things may go stale. IMO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.