Yputi

Add tazer

I just thought of the idea and its fairly simple.
Why buy pistols for protection if you would be able to buy a tazer? Personally, I thought it would be nice to add the taser for also other people then PD.
Please let me know what you think.

Edit:
The reason why I came up with this was that I was wondering what the laws are in California about having a stun gun and I stumbled against this page: https://www.southbaylawyer.com/Blog/2018/12/California-Stun-Gun-Laws-2019-Illegal-Carry-And-Use-Tasers.aspx/

Edited by Yputi

3 minutes ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

Neutral

Feel like people will abuse it by tazing you and then shooting you

I get you.
Though, why tase someone first instead of shooting directly? Taser is only short range and if you hold a gun up they have to show fear. Sprinting towards someone with a taser doesn't sound like the best idea either.
Imo it isn't abusing either though. But maybe atleast make the tasers for others less trong than the ones of PD? Or that it needs to be charged/load (while aiming) before you can shoot it?

Edited by Yputi

-1 but with notes.

It will be abused and I feel that it can only go down a negative road with very few positives.  If you're in danger and therefore in need of a taser, chances are there's a gun aimed at you and you cannot use the taser anyway...

If for whatever reason this was implemented, even if I think it shouldn't, it should be a far lower stun period.  Police often use stronger tasers and it does not make sense for every Tom, Dick and Harry to be running around with them.  Furthermore, if there is a lower stun time - it may make them less effective and therefore not worth the time it would take it implement a secondary version of the taser available to civilians and so not worth it.

Just now, Cinek0344 said:

But that would happen with any firearms and yet we don't have that problem with pistols as using the taser for no reason would be considered death-matching and taser abuse would surely land you a ban? 

scenario:

AK vs taser and shit pistol

Guy 1 has AK out, Guy 2 has taser out. Guy 1 initiates, Guy 2 tases Guy 1. Guy 1 is defenceless, Guy 2 pulls out pistol and claps him. Guy 1 loses AK.

It's gonna get abused and it will be a grey area for making a rule on abuse of it.

1 minute ago, ItsFiftyy said:

scenario:

Guy 1 has AK out, Guy 2 has taser out. Guy 1 initiates, Guy 2 tases Guy 1. Guy 1 is defenceless, Guy 2 pulls out pistol and claps him. Guy 1 loses AK.

It's gonna get abused and it will be a grey area for making a rule on abuse of it.

ah I see, this is what you mean by abusing it. I didn't think of that scenario but maybe tasers just have a too long range? If the range was reduced considerably then this wouldn't be a problem? But looking at this now it seems that it'd be more hassle than its worth, trying to implement tasers into the server

29 minutes ago, ItsFiftyy said:

scenario:

I wonder what range you are standing at this situation 😄 Not to mention the fearRP when someone else takes a gun out and aims.

Edited by Yputi

3 hours ago, Yputi said:

I wonder what range you are standing at this situation 😄 Not to mention the fearRP when someone else takes a gun out and aims.

Not sure what you mean about the Fear RP. The scenario mentioned that both people had a weapon drawn from the start.

+1 If you can get a taser IRL in the US, then I want one in game please.

Okay I've just realised the taser is like a faggio imo...

OP AF!

Sorry but has to be a -1 

Maybe add pepper spray?

Edited by st3fan333
Didn't realise how OP the taser is!

Taser is a very strong weapon, especially because of the fast recharge rate. If you wanted, you could use it on someone nonstop and they would never have a chance to retaliate. The range on the taser also isn't all that short either, since it fires a round quite far. 

Only reason PD has it is because it's the only way they can stop someone that decides to run. They can't just shoot you down like criminals can and run speed is the same for all characters. There's also no way to RP fast enough, like "/me attempts to throw himself onto the suspect". I think it's a healthy trade off, criminals will shoot you down while officers will taser you. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.