georgele3

the removeal of the xray helicopter

what i want to say is i feel the xray helicopter gives the cops a huge advantage over the criminals in the city and means theres a uneven balance now as you are unable to make a criminal act without 5police cars pulling up the second you do something.
over the past week i have been caught the second the helicopter comes out, 1. because you cant here it or see it and 2. because it has xray so it detects 100% of crime in the city this means that people who take a criminal path are now unable to do anything as it is a 100% catch rate and therefore soon there will be less to non crime in the city.

I also find this kinda unrealistic as a helicopter is not going to be patrolling the sky in a city all day as there is no reason for it to be doing that, I think the use of the helicopter should only be used in chases as that is a good and reasonable use for them, this is also true as the police do not want to waste fuel on flying a helicopter unless needed to and skying on petty crime or scouting for crime with xray is not a reason for that.

If there is an unbalanced amount of crime and legit workers makeing the roleplay less fun as everyone would just be legit if you get sent to prison every 5mins.

• dead 1

Helicopters don't have "x-ray". 

Also, it is not in the slightest unrealistic to have a helicopter in the sky. In LA where the city is based from, they have multiple helicopters up all day, and all over the city. There are strict IC regulations for PD's ASD to keep things fair and balanced.

1 minute ago, georgele3 said:

I got told by the pd there is a xray helicopter, so if there isnt how do they know where I am when i hit a atm before i finish

Someone might have called it in or maybe they were just patrolling looking for crime as thats the job 

When you commit a crime, like ATM vandalism, bank robbery, store robbery, there's the potential for them to be notified.

2 minutes ago, georgele3 said:

ye but he walked into the building with five police officers and said here he is

Do you have evidence of this claim?

The helicopters are pretty busted. In certain circumstances they do have the thermal imaging rifle on the buzzard, maybe this is what the OP is speaking of.

On the other hand, the LOCK ON feature of the new camera of the helicopter is an absolute JOKE. (see here : )

As someone who flew one regularly with SD, the talent came from having to do callouts + watch a tiny spec on your screen and fly at the same time. Now this has been trivialised, the helicopter was already overbearing, + 9/10 times it would be a buzzard anyway so if you take tyres you get shot by the buzzard too.

At minimum it should be a free look camera so the operator has some chance to make a mistake, or unblock the underground.

Not to mention the light which locks onto you and virtually blinds you / gives you epilepsy. 

Edited by ash816

no it was yesterday, nobody came in or out but i did do a couple of other atms js before that so i get why then but today i got caught with noone around and 2cops showed up and knew i was there

i asked about the xray helicopter and he said yes

1 minute ago, georgele3 said:

i asked about the xray helicopter and he said yes

Someone may have very well played a joke on you because a thread almost identical to this was made when the unit designation for a helicopter was "X-RAY" and the person was informed of this, and assumed that it meant law enforcement had actual x-ray or x-ray capabilities on their helicopters. This isn't the case. So, someone may have been referencing that and spread misinformation.

Law enforcement helicopters have a spotlight and night vision, which just turns the screen green and brighten up light sources, that's it. Thermal vision is not part of the helicopter, is very rarely applied and heavily regulated, and would not have been used for this. 

You were likely caught due to an alert made by the script to law enforcement of an ATM being destroyed, which has a (very notably low) chance of happening every time you press space in the minigame. 

16 minutes ago, ash816 said:

or unblock the underground.

Not to mention the light which locks onto you and virtually blinds you / gives you epilepsy.

When a car goes underground/a tunnel the camera unlocks already. Same with highway overpasses and trees. 

The light has been reduced and had regulations for light levels before the light change anyway. 

6 minutes ago, HobGoblin said:

When a car goes underground/a tunnel the camera unlocks already. Same with highway overpasses and trees. 

The light has been reduced and had regulations for light levels before the light change anyway. 

most of the tunnels and underground is blocked off (the entry by alta st apartments and the tunnel under chiliad for example) , i think if the helicopter gets such an insane buff, criminals should get those options back, though i do vaguely remember some stuff was blocked c0 related issues when you went under the city.

Either way its still my opinion the lock on is dumb and removes a considerable amount of skill it would take otherwise.